Us

The story of us ..

 

          She felt like someone was shaking her.

- Yoona, you hear me? Wake up! Yoona opened her eyes and saw Sunny´s concerned face.

- Unnie.. The girl was confused. Are we landing?

- No, we still have half of our left. I woke you up because you were crying in your sleep. Was it a nightmare?

- I was? Yoona touched her face and felt the wet traces from the tears.

 “So it was a dream”. Said Yoona to herself.

- Yes, I think it was. She turned her head to the window wiping the tears. I´m fine now, thank you.

She felt how Sunny put her hand over hers.

- If you need something, just tell me.

Yoona looked back at her unnie and smiled.

They weren´t just part of the same group. After all those years spent together and all the hardships they went through, they become a family, and she thought once again how fortunate she is to have them in her life.

- In half of hour we will be in Korea. I´m sure you´re anxious to get home because of a certain someone, right?  She heard Sunny asking. Yoona smiled wider to the girl and nodded in response. Sunny was right. She wanted to see him so much! Now that their promotions in Japan were over for a while, the company gave them a week to rest. Since Donghae will certainly hear about that or he knew already, she was sure he will claim a big part of her free time. It´s not like she was against that, not at all.

 Yoona turned her head to the window. Even after so many flights she was still amazed by the picture she saw. Everytime it was different and breathtaking. She loved to listen for the music and watch at the sky with its clouds, that´s why she always tried to sit at the window. But now, she didn´t see it, cause she was lost in her thoughts. Yoona closed her eyes and saw the last image from her dream- her hugging Donghae next to their tree. It wasn´t just a dream, but a shadow of their past, the day Donghae lost his father.

Even after all this years she remembered how painful it was to see Donghae like this. She felt her eyes filling with tears again and bit her lower lip to make herself stop.

 

 Few years ago:

         After they found Donghae and she approached him, they stayed like this for a half of hour. Donghae didn´t say a word, but she knew he recognized her. After she hugged him, she felt how the tears kept falling from her eyes. She came here to support him, but ended crying. She knew how painful it is to lose a parent. But Donghae´s case was different, she never actually knew her mother, but Donghae ..  he loved his father very much. He was his strenght.

 She felt exausted, but was holding on because she knew Donghae was feeling much worse.

         After a while she heard someone´s steps and Leeteuk´s face appeared in front of her. He patted her head. He was here all this time, waiting, giving Donghae the space and the time he needed. But now it was the time to go back.

- Donghae, we have to go.

The boy didn´t say anything and Yoona didn´t felt no movement from him. It was like he didn´t hear Leeteuk, or ignored what he just said.

Leeteuk put his hand on the boy´s shoulder and repeated the same thing but with a more strong voice.

After few moments Yoona felt that Donghae moved a little so she took her hands away from his waist. He raised his eyes to look at his hyung.

- We have to go back. It was hard for Leetuk to see how hurt Donghae was. He was the dongsaeng he was responsable for. And now that his father was gone, he had to keep the promise gaved to a father, to protect that father´s son.

Donghae nodded. Leeteuk took his hand and made the boy fallow him.

         After that day Yoona didn´t see him for the next few weeks.

Since that day something broke inside of him. For a long time he lost that energy and that sparkle that everybody loved.  Even if he was hurt, he tried his best to hide it from their fans. When they were on the stage he always had a smile for the public. But their SM family knew how hard it was for him. So each of them tried to support and help him.

 

         After few weeks.

 

- Oppa !!! Yoona was glad to see Leeteuk. 

- My favourite dongsang! When will you marry me? 

- Oppa, will you stop saying this! Yoona hit Leeteuk´s shoulder.

- Apo! It hurts! He looked at her with surprise. Now I understand why the girls call you Him Yoona.

         Yoona started laughing. He was right, he never tried her punch before. Knowing him, she was sure it´s not the last time.

- Then stop joking!  Since Super Junior had a busy schedule she didn´t see him for a long time. How are you?

- Good! And now that I saw my favourite dongsang it became even better.

Yoona chuckled hearing his answer. Suddently the boy put his hands on her face and squeezed her cheeks.

- Why are you so adorable?

- Oppa!!!! Yoona hit hard his hands and with satisfaction saw that it was painfull.

But then remembered that there was something she wanted to ask.

-  Donghae-oppa..  How is he?

Leeteuk became serious.

- He´s fine, more or less. He doesn´t speak much.  Seeing how Yoona became sad hearing his answer, he patted her head. Don’t worry, time heals. He´s at the practice room right now. If you have time, go and see him. I have to run. And don´t forget, when you´ll grow up a little you have to marry me.

- Oppa!!! Really!!!  But he was too far from her. Yoona stood still for a while deciding what to do.

Since their group finished their practice and the girls were going back to the dorms, she asked the manager if she can stay a little longer. She wanted to see him, to see how he was.

Yoona was passing by one of the dance studios when she heard an R&B song playing. She opened the door and saw Donghae dancing. His moves were so smooth and Yoona was watching him without blinking.

He noticed her and stopped the music. She was a little embarassed that he caught her watching him like that.

- Come in, said Donghae, I´m glad to see you. He sat on the floor and invited her to sit in front of him. She did.

Donghae took the bottle with wather and begun to drink. While he was drinking, Yoona noticed little drops of sweat on his neck. The way he was drinking was so...

Wait a moment. Yoona, what are you thinking about?” She blushed and turned her head to the right. “What was that?” thought Yoona and heard Donghae´s voice.

- Yoona are you ok?

She looked back and met his gaze.  

- Yes, why?

- It seems to me that you have fever.   Your cheeks are a little red.

He stretched his hand and his palm landed on her forehead. Yoona felt how her heart accelerated its beating. She quickly removed his hand.

- I´m fine, oppa. She looked away again trying to hide her face.  She felt her cheeks burning.

- Are you sure? Donghae was trying to catch her gaze.

- Yes, don´t worry. Tell me how you are. Yoona made herself look at him. “Im Yoona, pull yourself together!” 

- I´m fine.  He closed his eyes for few seconds and then opened them.  I didn´t have the opportunity to thank you.

- What do you mean? He saw how Yoona looked at him with surprise. He smiled a little. This little girl didn’t suspect how much she helped him that day.

- Thanks for beeing with me that day. I was glad to have you by my side. He smiled and thought:

It was too hard beeing alone. I felt like my world was crashing and I was falling down until I felt your embrace.”

-  You, he looked into her wide opened eyes, stretched his hand and gently squeezed her cheek, you dragged me back.

 

Back to present:

 

“ Good Evening Ladies and gentlemen, we have started our descent in preparation for landing, please make sure your seat backs and tray tables are in their fully upright position. Please make sure your seat belt is securely fastened.”

         Yoona heard the capitan’s voice.

        

         - We’re finally here!  Yoona looked at Sunny and saw the happy expression on her face. The girl giggled in response. She was sure that this bright expression was caused by the excitement and the anticipation of meeting with someone very soon. Yoona smiled to herself. That person was the member of the same group as her boyfriend.

         The plane finally stopped and Yoona hurried to turn on her phone. She was sure he already tried to call her. Looking at the display she saw that she was right. There were 5 lost calls from “Seafood Restaurant”. Walking to the customs post she prepared her ID. Yoona and all the girls were so used to travel so everything was done automatically. Finally all the procedures were done. Yoona looked around and saw that there were no strangers nearby. She dialled the number. After one second the person already picked up.

-  Beautiful!! You’re here!!  It wasn’t a question, but a statement called out with a loud voice. Yoona looked around again to make sure nobody listens.

- Hi! Yes, we’re here.

- Finally ! I called you few times already!

Yoona giggled. She knew her boyfriend very well. 

-  I told you I’ll give you a call after we’ll land. But you never listen.

Yoona felt how someone grabbed her hand. It was Sunny. She pushed her a little showing her to walk. She was sure  it wasn´t a coincidence, Yoona was in the center of the group. Leaded by Tiffany and Yuri, she had Sunny and Sooyoung at her sides. The group ended with Seohyun, Hyoyeon, lider Tae , and the last one was Jessica.

Yoona remembered the first time she felt surrounded like this. She was talking on the phone with Hae, well not really talking, but whispering and looking around to make sure nobody listens, when she felt someone’s hand on her back and saw Yuri winking at her. She looked around and saw the other girls looking pointedly at her. She was surrounded. Yoona blushed. Well that’s what happens when you keep a secret within the family. They do everything to protect it.  

They walked to the section where their fans were waiting for them. Yoona lowered her voice.

- I have to hang up the phone.

- Already? We just started talking! Yoona smiled and waved at the fans who were screaming her name. See you later. Pick me up at 10, ok?

She was sure he wanted to say something else, but felt satisfied knowing they will meet at night.

She put her phone in the pocket and looked at the fans with a smile. Despite fatigue, she and her friends were giving their best for the fans that waited for them. She appreciated their support and wanted to show how grateful she was.

 

Later that day

 

Yoona fell on her bed. She was finally home. The girl was smiling looking around and seeing all the little stuff that were representing home. She missed it. Her gaze stopped on the sealing where was placed the collage of photos that the girls gave her 2 years ago on her birthday.  On that collage she could find so many precious moments she spent with her sisters. Photos from their first music video shutting, them laughing on the set of their first CF, a photo with Kyunsang on“Hello baby” and many memorable moments they’ve been through together. She closed her eyes and was happy to just lay on the bed without the need to run somewhere, for a performance, shooting or fan signing. She appreciated a lot these moments of peace.

The girl stayed like this for a while, when she was interrupted by a knock on the door. She opened her eyes and looked at the door. She already knew who she will see.

- Yes.

The door opened revealing Sooyoung’s face. She was chewing something.

- Wanna grab some snacks ? 

She got up from the bed laughing. This girl, she never changes.

- Of course, let’s go. They were one of a kind after all.

 

At 9.45 she was ready. She put her jeans on, a t-shirt, a hoodie and put their couple cap on her head.  She tried to dress very simple to not attract attention and be able to mix with the crowd.

He called her 2 minutes later. Yoona smiled. Just like her, he was anxious to see her.  She hurried to go down. Outside it was dark already. The moment she stepped out of the building, her eyes stopped on a tree that was on the other side of the road, a little at right.  He was waiting for her. She felt her heart skip a beat. There he was, standing far, yet so close to her heart. She made few steps cautiously looking around if there was someone watching her. But she could not wait any longer so she ran to him and jumped into his arms. She felt how his arms embraced her waist very strong, almost painfull but she was fine with that. For a moment they were just standing still. The time stopped and nothing around them didn’t matter.

After few moments he moved a little to look at her face.

- Beautiful, I missed you..

Yoona smiled, and felt her eyes teary.

- Me too, she whispered but couldn´t say nothing else cause Donghae gave her a peck on the lips. He looked in her eyes.

- I missed these lips so much, you owe me a lots of kisses since you started your promotions in Japan. He was still holding her close and she felt the heat from his body. His face leaned closer and his soft lips touched hers. She felt so confortable, like those were the only lips she could ever kiss, she couldn´t imagine kissing someone else. Yes, she kissed other men, but this was for work and it could not even compare with all the emotions that she felt everytime Donghae kissed her. 

She put her head on his chest and felt how he kissed her forehead.

Their kisses were special. She felt the sparks. It was so interesting, she was always curious when will it stop, when is she going to get used to the efect that his kisses have on her , but everytime it was the same and it was different , she felt like everytime was like their second. She giggled. Second, because she was too nervous back then, she could barely breathe.

 

Flashback.

Yoona closed her eyes and leaned a little. She heard how Donghae laughed. She blushed and opened her eyes. She is so inocent, thought Donghae.

- Oppa! Yoona looked away trying to hide her face in embaressement.

- Yoona you´re so cute.

  - Oppa you´re really mean! She hit him and wanted to run away, but he didn´t let her. His arms were on her shoulders. She was so skinny.

He leaned closer and his lips touched hers. Yoona closed her eyes enjoying the moment. She felt heat from her head to her toe, weakness in her legs, but he was there for her, not letting her fall.  

After finishing the kiss Donghae looked at Yoona but the girl hid her face in her palms.

Donghae giggled and kissed Yoona on her forehead. He felt that she was shaking. With her palms on her cheeks, Yoona raised her eyes.

- Was it ok ? she asked with a trembiling voice.

 Donghae smiled.

- It was, Yoong. Are you sure it was your first kiss? Maybe you lied?

Yoona started to laugh. The nervousness was gone.

- I would never lie about this.

 He never told her, but he truth is , he was happy that he got her first kiss.

 

 

They were walking hand in hand through the streets of Seoul. Words weren´t necessary, they were just enjoying eachother´s presence. From time to time, Donghae was embracing her waist pulling her closer to him.

After an hour of walking they decided to go to the Han River. Suddently Yoona remembered something. Looking at Donghae´s face she was deciding if she should do it or not. Donghae noticed that his girlfriend was scheming something. He knew her too well. Interesting what is going through her mind right now, thought Donghae, while Yoona was lost in her thoughts. She heard somewhere that if you´ll let yourself fall, your boyfriend, if he really loves you will catch you right away. Suddently Donghae noticed his shoelaces were untied. He stopped for a moment. Seeing that Yoona made few steps forward leaving him behind.  The girl took a deep breath,  closed her eyes and let her body fall. It took just one second , but instead of falling on the hard ground, she fell in Donghae´s arms. He was calling out her name.

    -   Yoona, are you ok? What happened?

She opened her eyes and saw his alarmed face. She smiled back. “She´s so silly to make him worry ”.

-  I´m ok, don´t worry.

- But you just fell! Did you faint? He helped her got up checking if everything is ok.

- No I didn´t , I just tripped , don´t worry.  She put her palms on his cheeks.

- I´m ok.

"Thanks for catching me» thought Yoona , “I have the best boyfriend in the world”. She took his hands and leaned closer for a kiss when she heard,

- Oppa, so it’s true. You and SNSD Yoona??  Yoona looked at that direction and saw two girls looking at her with hatred. She let go of Donghae’s hand. One of the girls looked back at the Donghae.

-  How could you?? How could you do this to us??

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. I always wanted to hear confirmation news about their relationship. I want it and I don´t in the same time. Fans can be very possesive and scary.. This chapter and the next one are my try to imagine what could happen . Hope you´ll like it!!