Resolutions

Into The Past

It was saturday morning. There was a faint rustle of the mattress against the stretching bodies cuddled inside the covers. They had both anticipated the weekend, and both were nervously eager (if there was ever such a thing) 
to do the impending agenda for today.

"Morning," Jessica said as she pulled Taeyeon to her. Since last night, her mind was preoccupied with the plan. She wore tensed and erratic heart, but the former assured her, "no matter what, we'll be fine. Don't worry too much." and she needed to hear it again. She needed not only words, but the warmth that she always lovingly provided her. While she was staring at the eyes that was that was smiling at her, eternity stretched for the both of them, making way to these two lovers who needed just as much alone time for their own little world-where only the romantic reveries were allowed.

To be honest, her feelings for the Taeyeon were at first hard to define: jumbled, confused. She never thought this whole ordeal would escalate to this: being summoned by her lover's dad and prepare some explaining to do. If they were still on the early stage, boy, would she be the first to break it off with her. But thinking about it now, as she held Taeyeon's left hand that was absentmindedly caressing her face, slowly trailing down to her chest, very carefully, she couldn't help but feel so damn glad that she didn't and mentally self-praised herself. This woman beside her was a treasure, and she was planning to keep her that way... But how? 

Would she be able to say what she wanted to say later? Would she be able to reason out that there was nothing wrong with loving someone regardless of the taboo hanging above their heads? Ugh, why was this so hard, she thought. 

"Let me just," she hovered on top of Taeyeon, not letting the air pass between their bodies. Firm yet gentle hands supported her waist; dark eyes followed her own. No questions were asked, only certainty that they were not letting each other go, "get my morning fix" 

Taeyeon, as if knowing what her girlfriend would do, tilted her head upwards. The latter kissed the hell out of her neck, and it was still early in the morning! Now how about saving my skin clean and unbruised, babe? she thought. 

But no, she let her. Lips feeling like heaven traced her collarbones, hands tugging her shirt downwards just so those lips can kiss her chest, rugged breaths leaving hot trails on her skin, and the body on top of her that kept moving and couldn't stay still. 

She concluded that Jessica was feeling insecure. With the way her body moved so impatiently above her, and how her lips were like searching for some gold mine and biting her under her cotton shirt. Her girlfriend was so fragile like an expensive crystal gem that only delicate hands could hold her - like how her hands were carressing Jessica's back right now. And who was to say that this was one-sided? She, too, needed comfort, and it was mutualism for the both of them. Right now, she thought, it's us that matters, love.

There was something, though, that was amiss. Minutes have passed and yet...

She held Jessica's head carefully, as the latter was looking at her with mischief, "Why aren't you kissing me here?" Taeyeon asked and puckered her lips to prove that she was getting a little impatient, and the laughter she heard didn't help at all. 

"I was, you know," Soon, Jessica's lips own. They were lightly pressed against hers but not really, "saving the best for last" 
 
So could Taeyeon really tell if Jessica was teasing her? Damn straight. They were looking into each other's eyes, when suddenly, this woman on top of her kissed her softly and bit her upper lip, eyes still fixed on hers. Right now, she could spell Jessica's name as s-e-n-s-u-a-l and the mere fact that there was never a time she never got her way was always, always making her ecstatic. She would succumb to to this. Would always succumb to this.

They lost all their senses at that moment. 
 
----
 
It was past five in the afternoon when they arrived at the not-so humble abode of the Kim Family. Why of course, Jessica thought, it had to be a three-storey house with a garden and a fountain on the side. Oh, dear.
It was about time for dinner, and her wandering feet led her to the garden where the the variation of flowers from Chrysanthemum to Red Tulips bloomed like crazy. She imagined Taeyeon running around here as a kid: if she ever had a fun childhood, or a quiet and timid one. What was her favorite past time? hmmm, maybe being -
 
"Sorry if I am interrupting you." There was a man's voice which made her jump out of her thoughts immediately, "I believe we didn't start off with a good note." 
 
Looking into his eyes, Jessica was so sure that there should have been a look of nonacceptance somewhere in those eyes, but found none. His voice was softer than the last time she heard it, apologetic, even. If what Taeyeon told her the day after she got back from this house, that Mr. Kim wanted to invite the two of them for a family dinner (considering that she wasn't family, well, not yet, anyway), then that must meant something, right? It wasn't just her wishful thinking...or was it?
 
"My family... I know you know already what we are. We might not be what you might call family of Chaebols but the Kims have supported the industrial aspect of Korea for so long already. And you know that I need someone to ensure that our mission and vision will meet at the end, and that someone is my daughter." He walked past her, he didn't give a sign of eeriness, and touched the nearest flower in front of him.
 
"But i believed I have overlooked something, Jessica. That by being so attached to the society and my goal which was to partner with organizations to establish a well-structured Korea, I have become unattached to my family, and especially to my daughters." 
 
Jessica waited silently, patiently.
 
"These Tulips remind me of my wife. It's her favorite flower and later on became a part of our household. I have long forgotten to give her these a long time ago, and I was surprised when years ago, she planted these here. She said it's to remind her of how we ever came to be. and I was ashamed of myself right then and there, but she just said it was alright, because it's human nature to forget things, but not to forget love," He chuckled. She noticed his eyes were gentler this time, like seeing another romantic time right in front of him, "I was a lovesick puppy for her when we were still on courtship. But I was still her lovesick puppy, even if we're nearing our senior citizenship now." 
 
At that, Jessica, though still shy, laughed at the remark.
 
"Jessica, I'm sorry for being inconsiderate. There is not an excuse for the behavior I've shown you. Taeyeon came crying to me when she got here. I felt like a useless father to her, knowing that I did that to my child. and to you."
 
"Mr. Kim-"
 
"Call me appa, Jessica"
 
Her eyes widened. agaped. She was quite dumbfounded with what she heard. Appa? but...how? 
 
"From now on, call me appa, are we clear?"
 
"yes, uh...appa"
 
"Come, I think the food is already prepared."
 
They turned around and saw Taeyeon leaning on the front door, eyes smiling. She gave her father a kiss on the cheek and held Jessica's hand as they went to the dining area, where the food was ready to serve.
 
------------------------------
 
A/N: Happy Anniversary, So Nyeo Shi Dae! <3