Note to self: Don't get jealous

Skoolboy Luv

True to his word, Jimin was waiting outside his classroom when he finished. He was leaning casually against the wall opposite the door, but pushed off cooly when he saw Yoongi. He strode forward grabbing Yoongi’s wrist and tugging him out of the crowd of people. 

 

“How was your first class?” Jimin asked with a smile

Yoongi felt his heart beat painfully when he looked at Jimin smiling at him. But realised he should probably have answered by now.

Play it cool.

“I-i-it w-was good.” So much for playing it cool.

 

“Did you make any new friends?” Jimin waggled his eyebrows at him; all Yoongi could do was laugh. Jimin looked ridiculous when he did that. 

“No. Um no one really talked to me.” That wasn’t necessarily the truth. The truth was that Yoongi didn’t feel like talking to anyone after Jimin had dropped him at his classroom. He didn’t know why. Liar. 

 

“Well then looks like you’re stuck with me as a friend then!” Jimin practically bounced with happiness next to Yoongi. He felt himself smiling softly at the hyper-active boy in front of him.

Yeah, I guess I am.

 

“So what class do you have next?”

 

“I’ve got AP Biology. What about you?” Yoongi stole a glance at Jimin while they walked briskly down the hallway.

 

“Same! You can sit next to me. My seat mate moved away last year.” If it were possible Jimin’s smile grew even wider as he said those words. 

Yoongi felt himself smiling in return; muttering a small ‘sure’ as they neared their classroom.

 

As they walked in the door, Yoongi felt weird. He got the uncomfortable feeling that he was not welcome; it irritated him. Yoongi wasn’t sure when he starting getting angry over every little thing, but it had reached a point now that whenever we felt comfortable his first initial reaction was to get angry. He looked around the room carefully, and noticed that everyone had gone silent at Jimin’s arrival. If Jimin noticed, he sure didn't let on. 

 

“Over here Jimin!” A young voice called across the room. Yoongi’s head snapped towards the voice, and he saw it was that kid from before. What was his name again? Jun..Jeong..J- “Jungkook!”

Yoongi's thought was interrupted by Jimin shouting the kids name loudly. Ah, that's right.

He felt himself stiffen at the scene in front of him. Jimin had his arms wrapped around Jungkook, and the two looked to be involved in some sort of weird wrestling match with their arms.

Yoongi was angry. No scratch that, Yoongi was ing pissed. He couldn’t believe he fell for those stupid lines and that bright smile. He might have had boyfriends whom he knew would break his heart, but never before had he felt so deceived by a guy who wasn’t even his boyfriend. Stupid stupid stupid. 

 

He felt himself drifting towards an empty seat on the opposite side of the room. He needed to get away from them. He sat down with a sigh and began pulling his books out of his bag. The clock was ticking by slowly, and it seemed that Jimin didn’t even know Yoongi was no longer by his side. Yoongi clenched his fists, trying his hardest not to look to his left. If he was being honest with himself, he would have admit to himself that he was jealous. Jealous. Yoongi wanted to kick himself. Being jealous made no sense, Jimin wasn’t even his. I wish he was. His mind unhelpfully supplied. 

 

As the teacher walked in the door, Yoongi felt a presence slide in the seat next to him. He didn’t have to look to know it was Jimin. A part of him felt relieved that he was sitting next to him and not Jungkook, but then he remembered what Jimin had said about seat mates. He felt sick. It wasn’t until the teacher began her lecture, that Yoongi dared himself to look at Jimin.

He instantly regretted it, when he met Jimin’s eyes and saw them filled with questions. He averted his gaze, and went back to writing notes. It wasn’t five minutes later; he felt a tap on his hand. He looked down to see a piece of paper with a sad-looking doodle boy asking if he was okay. 

 

He melted a little bit inside. But the petty side of him was still upset. He flicked his wrist and the paper floated to the ground. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Jimin’s face fall, and wanted nothing more than to make him smile again. A boy like Jimin shouldn’t ever be sad. He was too beautiful. Yoongi made up his mind, he turned in his seat slightly and tapped Jimin on his shoulder. Jimin looked at him like a kicked puppy, his usually bright eyes dull and filled with sadness. Yoongi whispered a soft ‘sorry’ and Jimin’s face visibly lifted. Phew.

Relief washed over him as he bent to pick up the sheet of paper. He scribbled a hasty ‘i’m just hungry’ before shoving the paper under Jimin’s nose. Technically it wasn’t a lie; he was hungry. Jimin covered a quiet chuckle behind is hand before whispering in Yoongi’s ear, “Luckily we have a break next. We’ll get you some food.”

Yoongi felt his anger ebb, just a little; it was quickly replaced by something else that he couldn’t quite put his finger on. He shook his head and realised everyone was packing up and Jimin was speaking.

 

“Yah! Do you always ignore people when they’re talking to you?”

 

“Huh?” Yoongi said dumbly.

 

Jimin laughed again, “I said come on lets go get you some food. You’ll definitely not be making many friends until we do.” 

Yoongi watched as Jimin smirked at him before racing off. Probably to avoid Yoongi’s fist.

“YAH PARK JIMIN, YOU GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!”