First Dates are Unforgettable

Skoolboy Luv

The restaurant was packed, filled with beautiful women in fancy dresses adorned with jewels, and well dressed gentlemen in tailored suits. Yoongi had never felt so underdressed in his life. He looked down at what he was wearing, suddenly feeling that it was no longer appropriate. He tugged at his shirt self consciously before Jimin too his hand and squeezed softly, whispering, “You look amazing, don’t worry.”

 

Jimin’s compliment did little to ease Yoongi’s worries, especially when a particularly fancy looking woman looked at the twos boys walking by with disdain. He kept his eyes on the ground, and relied on Jimin’s hand to guide them to their table. He didn’t want to see anyone’s judging gaze anymore.

 

He felt a tug on his jacket sleeve, causing him to look up, and when he did he was blown away. The table before him was set outside on the balcony of the restaurant offering the most spectacular view of the city below them. He gaped at Jimin, but the other boy only smiled and led Yoongi to his seat. 

 

“Jimin, this is…I can’t even, just wow!” Yoongi was awestruck by the beauty surrounding him. He wasn’t sure if he was talking about Jimin or the view. Both were a sight to behold. 

 

“I wanted our first date to be special. And since you know I am the master of being a gentleman, I had a friend of mine set this up.”

 

“You have a friend with the capabilities to set this up?” Yoongi blinked in wonder. What kind of friends does Jimin have?

 

Jimin laughed, “Well she’s actually family. It’s my aunt’s restaurant. When I told her I wanted to make our first date perfect, she offered to close off the balcony just for us.”

 

Yoongi felt his face heat up, but tried to convince himself that it was because of the medication he’d taken before he left home. 

 

“Jimin… ah I don’t know what to say.” 

 

“You don’t have to, besides your face says it all.” Jimin reached over to run a finger over Yoongi’s bright red cheeks.

 

Yoongi cleared his throat, muttering a quiet, ‘shut up.’ Jimin just laughed.

 

The boys stared at the menu silently. One was scouring the menu trying to find the cheapest thing on it, while the other was debating over the lobster or the salmon. Both boys were forced to look up with the appearance of their waiter. His name was Jin, and he was apparently good friends with Jimin, but had graduated from school a couple of years ago.

 

“So have you decided what you’re going to have?” Jin looked at Yoongi expectantly.

 

“What’s special tonight?” Jimin asked him casually. 

 

Jin proceeded to prattle on about the specials that evening. By the time get got to the end of the list, Yoongi’s head hurt. The other guy had said a lot of words that were completely lost on Yoongi. He just hoped that the other would give him more time so he could consult with Jimin. Thankfully, Jimin noticed Yoongi’s blank look and told Jin they would need a few more minutes.

 

“So did any of that sound good?”

 

“Um…I think the only thing I was about to understand was pasta, chicken, or beef.”

 

Jimin smiled wide, trying not to laugh at the boy in front of him, “ Okay, well I can tell you that duck was on the menu too.”

 

Yoongi made a face, making Jimin smile wider, “I take it you don’t like duck.” Yoongi shook his head before averting his gaze back to the menu trying to figure out just what the hell mushroom and aubergine gratin was. He knew what mushrooms were, but seriously what the hell was aubergine or gratin? He furrowed his brows, trying to concentrate on the unknown words in front of him, but only succeeded in giving himself a headache. 

 

In the end he went for the beef fillet, one: because he truly loved a good cut of beef, and two: because it had the least number of unknown words surrounding it. He nodded his head triumphantly and set the menu down on the table. He saw Jimin staring at him with an unreadable expression, and was about to chide him for staring…again but was interrupted by Jin returning with their drinks.

 

“Finally made up your minds?” Jin asked with a smile on his face. Yoongi eyed Jin carefully, wondering if he was always so cheerful looking or if he was just that good at his job. 

 

“Can I have the salmon, but can I have the aubergine puree on the side?” Jimin asked politely. Jin just chuckled at him while scribbling down Jimin’s order in his note pad muttering a quiet ‘of course.’ He turned his attention to Yoongi waiting for his order.

 

“Um, can I have the, um ah…the b-beef fillet.” It honestly felt like it took 10 minutes to relay want he wanted, which was stupid because he had clearly already decided. He cursed mentally for sounding so stupid in front of Jimin. He’s going to think I have some sort of speech impediment. 

 

Jin just smiled writing Yoongi’s order down before he was gone, with a quick, “won’t be long guys!”

The boys were quiet after that, listening to the muffled chatter of the elite inside the restaurant, and the noise of the city below them. 

 

“I was gonna tell you before, you look really nice.” Jimin spoke softly but with genuine sincerity. Yoongi looked up just in time to see the other boy ducking his head trying to hide the pink that was gracing his chubby cheeks. He suddenly felt the urge to pinch them. 

 

“You’re too cute! But thank you, it took me ages to find the perfect outfit.” Yoongi clapped his hand over his mouth. He could not believe he had actually told Jimin about how much of a girl he was.

 

Jimin smiled knowingly, and Yoongi literally wished the earth would swallow him whole so he wasn’t dealing with this. It was one thing to have embarrassing thoughts, or act like a girl at home, or even wank about the boy in front of you, but you sure as hell don’t tell him on your first date. Or ever.

 

“And I thought you said I was cute!?” Jimin seemed to be enjoying Yoongi’s embarrassment. 

 

“Yah shutup! I only did it because I have a lot of clothes, so I-“ Yoongi stopped mid sentence realising he was not helping his case. Why wouldn’t the filter between his brain and his mouth work? He wanted to try and backpedal, but he knew once he opened his mouth he would no doubt say something stupid that would embarrass him even further. He wouldn’t be surprised if he was a permanent shade of red by tomorrow. 

 

Jimin could only laugh at the boy in front of him. He imagined Yoongi throwing clothes round, huffing or growling grumpily, just to find something that would impress Jimin. Honestly, he could say he was not disappointed with the outfit Yoongi had chosen. He didn’t care if it had taken the boy 30 seconds, or a couple hours because dammit he looked good. Jimin thought back to himself getting ready. There had been a minor tantrum, and his room looked like it had been ransacked, so he really didn’t have a right to laugh at Yoongi but he couldn’t help it.

 

Yoongi pouted, “You don’t have to laugh! It’s really not that girly, lots of guys have a bunch of clothes. It just means they care about how they look.” He finished his statement by crossing his arms across his chest and huffing a bit.

 

This caused another fit of giggles to erupt from Jimin, who thought that pissed off Yoongi looked adorable right now. The pout on his face, suited him, Jimin thought, but he also knew that it shouldn’t be there. He leaned across the table and kissed Yoongi square on the mouth. Raking his tongue across Yoongi’s bottom lip, before nibbling on it softly. He pulled back satisfied, when instead of a pout he saw Yoongi’s mouth hanging wide open in air. That’s better, Jimin thought.

 

“You clearly have impeccable taste, so who really cares how many clothes you have?” Jimin lowered his tone, “and besides, I know you’re definitely not a girl,” sending a smirk to Yoongi.

 

Yoongi was all prepared to send back some scathing comment, but a plate appeared in front of him. He snapped his attention to Jin, who was now placing Jimin’s plate in front of him. The other boy was practically bouncing in his seat. He must really like food. But once he looked down at his own plate, he saw why. The food looked incredible. It was decorated beautifully on the plate, and Yoongi almost, almost didn’t want ruin the chefs work of art. 

 

Jin had walked away while Yoongi was basically drooling over the plate in front of him. Jimin was ready to dig in, but thought he’d be polite and wait for Yoongi to stop salivating. Yoongi finally snapped out of his reverie and grabbed his utensils. 

 

In between mouthfuls of food Yoongi thought back to the words he’d read on the menu, and Jimin obviously knew them so he asked, “Jimin, what the hell is aubergine?” Jimin stared at Yoongi for a few seconds before he burst into laughter. He dropped his knife and fork in favour of holding his stomach. Yoongi growled, he really didn’t think that it was a funny question. He genuinely wanted to know. He reached across the table and flicked Jimin’s forehead. “Yah, stop laughing.”

 

The flick sobered Jimin up a bit, but the smile was still present. “Well Yoongi, since you asked so nicely and seem so interested, aubergine is just a fancy word for eggplant.”

 

“Why couldn’t they have just said it’s a ing eggplant then? People came here to eat, not learn another language.” 

 

“Which do you think sounds more appropriate in an upscale restaurant?” Jimin asked him knowingly. He smirked.

 

“Oh shutup.”

 

Jimin dutifully paid the bill after the meal and the two boys walked out into the cool night air. The silence that followed them unnerved Yoongi, but he figured he was just being over sensitive. He was saved from the silence by Jimin taking his cool hands in his much warmer ones and leaning into to whisper in Yoongi’s ear, “Come on, I want to show you something.”

 

Yoongi let himself be lead to wherever Jimin was taking him. He was happy to follow, and thought that Jimin could be leading him to his death and he wouldn’t even mind because he was enjoying this moment way too much. When did I become such a girl? He had hardly noticed they were walking, too focused on the warmth of Jimin’s hand in his. He squeezed the hand subconsciously and instantly felt a squeeze back and a warm thumb rub softly across his knuckles. Who said romance was dead?

 

‘“So where exactly are we going?”

 

“Silly Yoongi, I’m not about to ruin the surprise!” Jimin replied happily. Yoongi just huffed in response. He had never been good with surprises.

 

“But Jiminnie, I wanna know…please!” Yoongi batted his eyelashes, hoping that his attempt to be cute would persuade the other. He knew he probably didn’t even look that cute while doing it, but he figured Jimin liked him enough not to tell him that. 

 

No such luck it seemed, Jimin just continued smiling and started swing their entertained hands back and forth like a child. Yoongi couldn’t help but smile at the gesture, loving how carefree and happy Jimin looked. The fact that he got see Jimin like this made his pride swell, and an all too familiar feeling well up in his chest. I want to be the only one who see’s him like this. He thought selfishly, especially if he was consider how long he’d known Jimin. But he didn’t think it mattered at the moment. 

 

They arrived in a park which looked entirely unfamiliar to Yoongi. He wasn’t sure why that was, considering he’d lived in this city his whole life, and had more than once wandered the streets of the city after dark. I’m sure I would have remembered a place like this. The park was illuminated with an array of bright colours. Orange, pink, green, blue all shown on every surface that Yoongi could see. He could only stare in wonder at how beautiful everything was. Is that really what Jimin wanted to show him? He turned to ask Jimin, only to find him gone. He whipped his head in every direction trying to catch sight of the boy, but couldn’t see him. He was in the middle of texting the other boy when his vision went black. He felt warm hands covering his eyes, and it caused him to stiffen more a moment before he recognised the scent of Jimin’s cologne. He relaxed, and reached up to pull Jimin’s hands off his eyes. He turned around only to see Jimin walking in the other direction. He followed the other boy into the only side of the park that wasn’t illuminated by light, he looked back longingly at the bright colours.

 

They crossed a small bridge and were then totally immersed in the dark with only the dim colours in the distance reminding Yoongi that was in indeed the same park. He wheeled round, looking for anything that Jimin might be trying to show him, but couldn’t see anything. He closed his eyes and opened them over and over hoping to adjust them quicker, but it seemed to be a slow process. The feeling of a warm hand slip into his caused him towards what he could see of Jimin. And that wasn’t much. But what he did see is a finger point upwards in the darkness. Yoongi’s eyes followed the finger, and stared in wonder. Up in sky, against the clouds were shining lights of pictures. There was a child riding a horse on the beach. Yoongi thought this might be even more beautiful than the brightly coloured park. He whsipered, “Is this what you wanted to show me?” He couldn’t see Jimin’s response, and all he said was, “Just wait.”

 

Yoongi waited, staring at the sky watching the pictures change every few minutes. He was immersed in how the light was being reflected onto the clouds in the sky, making the whole sky turn a purple colour. It was amazing to look at. The next picture was two male figures with their arms wrapped tightly around each other. Yoongi only figured they were male because one of them looked kind of like Jimin. He chuckled softly to himself because he clearly had Jimin on the brain. 

 

“What are you laughing at?” Jimin asked softly, never letting go of Yoongi’s hand.

 

“Oh, it’s nothing.” 

 

“No tell me, what is it?”

 

“It’s just that the boy on the left looks a little bit like you.” Yoongi chuckled again, and turned his head toward Jimin. His eyes had finally adjusted, and we could make out the boy standing next to him in the darkness. 

 

“Yoongi…it is me.” Jimin’s voice

 

“What do you mean it’s you?” Yoongi was alarmed, how could a picture in the sky be Jimin?

 

“It’s us. Me and you. I..” Jimin paused, “I wanted to show you just how much I like you.” Yoongi stared blankly at Jimin, not understanding how all this was possible. “So I asked the artist to show this tonight. I mean it’s not really me or you, but it’s meant to represent us. This is what I want for us.”

 

It all dawned on Yoongi as he stared at the picture in the sky a little longer. Jimin wanted that to be him. He wanted to be holding Yoongi, like the figure in the sky was. This is what he had wanted to show Yoongi. He was being the true romantic that he was, and Yoongi was damn sure that he had fallen in love with Jimin.

 

He couldn’t seem to form words, so instead he settled for grabbing Jimin’s face and pulling his lips towards his. He kissed Jimin with as much passion as he could muster. He poured his heart into the kiss, wanting the other boy to know that even after just a day of knowing him, he couldn’t imagine life without him. Yoongi was sure that Jimin wouldn’t mind because it seemed that he had the same feelings for Yoongi. 

 

They broke apart, panting, but smiling at each other. Neither having felt so drawn to someone as they felt toward the other. It should have freaked Yoongi out, being so smitten over a boy he had just met, but he could hardly worry about it while Jimin was smiling next to him holding his hand. People could say what they wanted, he didn’t care, so long as he was the reason Jimin was smiling.

 

“So I guess this means I get to call you my boyfriend.” 

 

“Not yet Mr. Park. You have some serious explaining to do before I ever agree to be your boyfriend.” Yoongi’s tone of voice held no room arguments from Jimin.

 

“W-w-whaaa” Jimin sputtered.

 

“Jungkook.” Yoongi uttered the one word, knowing that would explain what he was talking about.

 

Jimin slapped his forehead. He’d completely forgotten about Jungkook’s plan. He didn’t really want to have to tell Yoongi that he’d listened to the younger boy, especially since the plan(s) had failed so badly.He’d just been so desperate to get Yoongi to say yes to their date, that he’d agreed to tell the other boy. He groaned, wondering if he could get out of it. One glance at Yoongi told him that, that was no an option. He sighed, and began telling the other the entire story.

 

“And then I asked you out anyway, and it worked, so I felt stupid for listening to him.” Jimin had finally finished telling Yoongi about the failed plans, going into depth about how much of idiot he now thought Jungkook was. 

 

Yoongi just nodded, it all made sense now. He knew he should be angry at Jimin for trying to use a plan to get him to like him, but all he could feel was amusement. The plans were basically horrible, like they had been stolen straight out of a soap opera. Yoongi was sure that was Jungkook’s t.v. of choice. He made a mental note to ever let him or Jimin plan anything. He finally turned to Jimin, and pinched his cheeks. “You’re dumb.” 

 

Jimin blushed, but took his words as teasing and hugged Yoongi by the waist, “I promise I will never listen to Jungkook again.”

 

Yoongi laughed, “Yeah, that might be a good plan.”

 

The two boys shared a laugh before disentangling themselves from the hug. They clasped their hands together instead and walked out of the park. Jimin had just started to pull him back the way they came, when Yoongi recognised where they were. He resisted the pull, hoping to get Jimin to move the other way with him. 

 

“Yah! Where are you going? The car is this way.” Jimin said confused.

 

“I have something I want to show you.”


Authors note

Sorry I've been so slack with my updates! I could offer you a good excuse, but I really don't have one.  BUT FINNALY their long awaited date! I'm sorry if it doesn't live up to anyones expectations so far, but remeber there is more to come. ENJOY LOVELIES