9 |

Just the two of us

Taeyeon diverged her stare. Her face grew hot and the back of her ears burned, but it was hidden behind the pink flush on her face she got from all the alcohol. She hesitated.

"Fany-ah" she refused to give any eye contact. "You look like Little Red Riding Hood." She said hoping Tiffany would be able to take the hint. It wasn't direct but pretty direct.

She looked up to see Tiffany with her head on the table. Her hair wasn't red anymore. She still had her long fringe that really brought out her eyes, and beach wave curls. Was she still the Little Red Riding Hood she knew? She took out her sketchbook and started to draw the person in front of her. A coral pink shade reflected off Tiffany's face. This wasn't from the alcohol. She looked out the large windows and noticed the sunset. 

-flash*-

"Fany-ah, wake up" she tapped the girl whose head was on her lap. "The sun is setting. Look!" The girl was still sleeping. Taeyeon played piano keys all over Tiffany's face which tickled her and woke her up.

"It's pink!" Her eye lit up like a child. "Wow.."
"Aren't you glad I woke you up for this?"
"Yes!" 

The sun was setting and her eyes matched the moon in the sky. Taeyeon was working on something in her watercolor book.

"What are you working on?" she peaked over which led Taeyeon to lean back extra far. "You're working with watercolor now? Can I see?"
"I'm just working on the sunset."
"So... Can I see? C'mon!"
"No. But you can buy and support me when I start selling my work" she smirked.
"Stop messing around. It's not like I want to steal it. I just want to see it. C'mon I'm your bestfriend. I'm your only friend."
"Wow. Just because of that i'm REALLY not going to let you see now. My only friend pftttt."
"Fine. I'll take it from you one day. I'm not even going to buy it. You asked for this Kim.Tae.Yeon." Her eyes were narrowing on Taeyeon.

-back*-

"Thank you, have a good night!" The waitress returned her credit card and receipt. 
"Thank you, you have a good night as well. Can I also get another bottle of water?"  She pointed to the sleeping girl next to her.

Tiffany had been napping for a good 15 minutes. Taeyeon put her coat on and went around the table and sat beside Tiffany. Her hand made movements to move Tiffany's bangs out of her face, but she stopped herself. She poured some water into Tiffany's glass.

"Hey," She nudged Tiffany, "wake up." She nudged some more. She laughed to herself. "Come on, let's get up..You gotta drink some water, Little Red Riding Hood."
"I'm Little Red Riding Hood," she said sipping on some water.
"Yes you are. We gotta get you home!"
"Okay okay.. i'm up. I'm up Kim Taeyeon!" She grabbed her peacoat.
"Yes, I'm Kim Taeyeon."
"Hold on, I have to pay." She opens her purse and takes out her wallet.
"Let's go. I already paid." Taeyeon grabbed the wallet and put it right back in.
"Why"
"Why not?"
"Why"
"Geez, you talk a lot. Come on, let me take you."
"I got us. Next time."
"Next time." 

Next time

⋆╰╮⋆

So this is where she lives....

"Are you feeling a little bit better?"
"Yeah, thanks for taking me home." She embarrassedly hid her face.
"Don't be embarrassed. We had a good night." Taeyeon said it monotonously, but she had a shy smile.
"We did, didn't we?" She leaned her head against the headrest, turned her just enough to make eye contact with Taeyeon, and smiled.
"You're cool or whatever. Pretty too."
"You - the same" She was now cheesing extra hard.
"How are you going to get your car tomorrow?"
"I'll take the subway, or I'll tell my Oppa to get it for me," she laughed. Okay, i'm gonna go. See you later, Tae." She didn't want to embarass herself any longer.
"Wait.. I teach a class tomorrow from 1-3. Did you want to come.. with?" Taeyeon was watching Tiffany's face turn her favorite shade of pink.
"Of course! I would love you. WOAH!" She choked on her words with a nervous laugh. "I MEANT... I would love to. Can't wait to learn."
"Um.. I was hoping you could actually help me teach."
"Teach.. a class full of students..okay.. okay.. it'll be good for me. Yes. Okay, i'm really going to go now. See you tomorrow. Text me."

Tiffany hurriedly got out of the car before she embarassed herself even more.

"..See ya" she chuckled from all the awkwardness she witnessed. 

Taeyeon put her car in Drive, drove a few houses down and waited for the gate of her house to open before entering her driveway.

⋆╰╮⋆

She plopped on bed, face mask and silk pajamas on. She sighed heavily before reaching for her phone. They now live down the street from each other with roles swapped; she knows where Tiffany lives, but Tiffany doesn't know anything. A part of her was happy, but she was worried of how much pain Tiffany will go through after remembering everything. That's IF she ever does. Instead of avoiding Tiffany, she decided to let things be as they are, but she was not going to force anything. She isn't going to tell Tiffany who she is exactly. Even though Tiffany was going to get married and be someone else's wife, she was not going to lose the chance of being friends.

-text-
"Hey, so i'll pick you up at 12:30?"
"Hey :) I was just thinking about you. But yeah, that sounds good!"
"Not sleeping yet?"
"I had enough sleep at the restaurant haha. Oh god, that's embarrassing. Everyone must have been looking at me."

Taeyeon smiled at that haha. She could see it.

"Excuse me? Everyone was looking at the person ACROSS the sleeping princess."
"Were they really? I'm so sorry!!!"
"Just.. a tiny.. bit."
"I swear I won't sleep next time lol. Or maybe we'll just have dinner at my place next time"

Next time.

"That sounds like a better plan haha."
"Stop teasing me. I'm going to bed. See you tomorrow. Good night, Tae!"
"Good night!"
-end text-

⋆╰╮⋆

"Kids...!" - hate me!  Tiffany screamed in head.

She faked a smile but a convincing one. Tiffany didn't want to believe it. They were standing behind the large glass walls that were between them and kids. Tiffany figured it was going to be one heck of a ride. She reviewed everything she knew the night before just in case she was asked questions about certain techniques. But she was now asking herself - How hard can their questions be? She was not going to let Taeyeon know the reason behind her tired eyes. Taeyeon took a hint Tiffany was not particulary excited for this. 

"Come on, let's go. You'll be fine. They're great kids, trust me." She chuckled and turned the knob to the door. 
"WAHHHH. Noona is so pretty!" One kid screams excitedly with eyes wide open. 
"Thank you, Seung-ho!" Taeyeon patted the boy on the head.
"Not you Seonsaeng-nim!!" He screamed at Taeyeon and turned his gaze to Tiffany.

Taeyeon was shocked. But she let him have it. Tiffany was speechless.

"I told you so," she smiled at Tiffany.

-

Every class the kids had the same exercise. Their exercise was to draw something that won't leave their mind. 

"Wow, these are beautiful!"

Tiffany was making her rounds around tables assisting the children.

"Thank you, Teacher Tiffany!"
"Have you seen swans like these before?" Tiffany asked the little girl.
"No... but Teacher Taeyeon shows us one of her pieces before each exercise. One time she showed us a drawing of some swans and I loved it so much. I can't get rid of them in my head!"
"Is that so?" Tiffany chuckled. "I think I saw the same drawing!"
"So you understand me!" The girl had the pinkest cheeks. 
"And between you and me," Tiffany whispered closely to the girl, "I think your drawing is better."

The girl brought hands to to cover her sweet laugh before stopping with big eyes.

"Teacher Tiffany!!! You kind of look like the girl in one of her paintings!"
"Oh, really?"
"Yes! I remember because her hair looks like yours! But it's red!"

Red...

"You should see it Teacher Tiffany! It's beautiful like you! Ask her you want to see Little Red Riding Hood!"

-----

Author's Note:
Sorry for another long wait! I hope this chapter will make up for it. Not exactly polished but I think this will do :)

xoxo,
loveaddict!