6 |

Just the two of us

Taeyeon got home and plopped herself onto her fluffy couch. She felt a disturbing vibration from her back pocket and groaned. She looked at her screen and squinted at the bright light. She read 10:47PM. She didn't know when her eyelids gave up, but it definitely had been an hour since she got back. Underneath the time an unknown number appeared. 'Incoming Call..' She questioned.

"Hello, Taeyeon speaking."
"Hi, Tiffany calling.." No one said anything for a second. Who knew a second could be so deadly. "Sorry if i disturbed your sleep."

Engulfed in awkwardness again, ".. Tea?"

Taeyeon raised her eyebrows. 'Already?'

"Uh.. Su-"
"Great!"

⋆╰╮⋆

"You don't talk much, do you?"

Taeyeon moved her eyes up from her teacup and straightened her back. She didn't realize they were sitting in silence for the past five minutes. She erased the small smile that surprisingly appeared on her face. Tiffany had finally received the tea she promised - she breathed a little.

"How do you like the tea? I made it myself." Like that Tiffany's question was dropped.

They were supposed to meet at a tea shop Tiffany texted her soon after the call, but Taeyeon didn't think it was a good idea because of the small tables. Neither was what she suggested either -- at a park with picnic tables. She cursed at herself after realizing what she'd done. At least she was going to have more space to show her works.

"It tastes really familiar," she took another sip. "I love the scent. What's in it?"
"A little bit of everything."

Tiffany cocked her head in confusion. Taeyeon gave herself a mental punch in the face as she pursed her lips and shut her eyes for half a second. She didn't mean to say it out loud. A little bit of everything. Love. Time. A little bit of herself as a person.

"What I meant to say was.. It's a mix of Youthberry White Tea and Wild Orange Blossom herbal tea. From Teavana."
"Whatever it is it tastes delicious." Tiffany let out a cute laugh and smile that Taeyeon caught behind that cup.

She quickly took out a stack of folders from her bag afraid she'd utter something stupid again.

"So, Ms. Hwang. I didn't know what you wanted to discuss about so I brought along some of my works and notes as well. I don't know which kind of medium you work with, but i work a lot with clay and water colors." Taeyeon moved her sketchbook onto her lap. ".. and pencil. Ebony, sometimes. Only if I don't mind the smearing on the piece i'm working on.."

Taeyeon laid her pieces out on the table. "But i can answer any questions you have about anything. I've worked with almost everything."
"Wow.. these are really beautiful. This painting.. i think it's my favorite."

Taeyeon gasped. She didn't mean to bring that painting at all.

"They look so familiar." 

Tiffany was digging in her purse. She took out a little book and quickly flipped through the pages that didn't seem a day older. 

'No no no..' 

"These.." She pointed to something, eyebrows cringing. "They look exactly the same, don't you think?" She moved her gaze from the swans to Taeyeon. For some reason Tiffany started to breathe faster. 
"They don't look anything alike." Taeyeon tried to breathe. 'Control, Taeyeon. It's just your old sketchbook. Nobody knows.'
"You didn't even look at them."

Taeyeon finished off her tea and looked at Tiffany.

"Are we here for the swans or..?" She boldly asked.
"Right." Tiffany cleared . She took a look at the letter, T, on the back of the sketchbook before returning it to her bag. She made sure she didn't wrinkle the pages. 

"I left my clay designs and sculptures at my studio, but i can show you nex-" Tiffany's phone began to ring.

"Sorry.. I have to take this." She said with a very cute apologetic face. Taeyeon gave a nod and proceeded with straightening her paintings. "Siwon Oppa!"

Taeyeon noticed the sparkles in Tiffany's eyes. 'Ah.. she is happy. Good for her.'

"Don't worry about it. When I get home.." the rest of the conversation trailed off as she felt a pair of hands on her shoulders. 

Taeyeon looked up and gave a shocking expression, right before fixing it and letting Tiffany know she'd be back. She grabbed the person's wrist and made distance from Tiffany. 

"Hey, you're back." Taeyeon was able to say as she was pulled into a hug.
"Only for a while. Your dad wants me back in Japan in a few days."
"Why is he such an ?..Sorry." She frowned.
"It's okay," she laughed. "I need you to do a favor for me."
"Is this it?" She slapped her arm. "You only visit me when you want a favor?"
"Aww C'mon. I'll buy you something."
"Fine. You're buying me ice cream too." 
"Okay, okay." The other girl stuck out her pinky. 
"Don't make promises you can't keep." She looked back at Tiffany who was still engaged in her conversation on the phone.
"Relax, It's just ice cream. I'll call you later, alright?" She took Taeyeon's pinky into her's and gave her a kiss on the cheek before skipping away.

Perfect timing, when Taeyeon got back to the table, Tiffany was off the phone and onto the notes. Tiffany picked something off the floor -- her picnic basket. Taeyeon sighed to herself and took a seat.

"Here," she handed Taeyeon a sandwich. Taeyeon took it quietly and ate it trying not to think much about it. The lemonade as well. 
"Thanks," she said, chewing and looking at the notes. 

She was about to ask Tiffany if she had any questions about whatever it was she wanted but was cut off by a surprising statement.

"I didn't know you smiled."
"Hm?"
"You smiled over there.. I saw it."
"What are you talking about.."
"You remind me of someone, I don't know who though."
"I remind you of someone you don't know? Sorry, i'm a bit confused."
"I had brain surgery, and lost parts of my memory. I see faint images here and there."

Taeyeon didn't want to hear any more of it.

"I do things without even knowing. Like.. packing a picnic basket with lemonade, sandwiches and fruits. I don't know why I did it, but my mind told me to. It felt right."

This was scaring her. Tiffany moved a bit closer, her eyes growing small on Taeyeon like she was trying to figure her out. 

"My doctor told me it was natural to feel things I couldn't understand.. you know, emotionally."
"What do you feel?" Taeyeon's words were caught up in . The gaze Tiffany gave her scared her a bit.

"I feel like I know you, because my heart is telling me that."

-----

Author's note:
Hello! Sorry it's been a while. Enjoy (: 
& Sorry for any mistakes ~ I'll try to update another chapter before I leave to Korea!