7 |

Just the two of us

Taeyeon was having a peaceful day when Tiffany came back into her life. She didn't expect any of it. She thought her Fany was gone, made into an angel and happy somewhere else. But ever since that day, she felt as though everything had been a joke. She would constantly pinch herself to see if she was dreaming or not when in fact she knew damn well she was living in reality.  

The only person who was able to break down her walls that she built so high appeared in front of her. Taeyeon had been building her walls even higher since the day Tiffany let her go, and she feared it would crumble down again because Tiffany had the power -- to make her weak, make her smile, and make her heart skip beats. Make her heart skip beats. Make her heart beat. 

She was lucky enough to turn her face and leave before Tiffany could see her tears. She tried everything to get rid of that stabbing pain in her chest that night. She worked on projects, drew some drawings, and painted some pictures. It took her mind off of Tiffany for a few hours, but she cried herself to sleep under her covers silently. In the morning, she knew she had to be a grown up and continue living. She could never release what she needed to and bottled everything up. Maybe this was why she was the way she was. 

There was a time when she was really close to releasing everything. It was a little less than a year ago. Taeyeon surprised herself.

-flash*-

"You can't keep doing this to yourself. Come on, you can tell me." Taeyeon shook her head releasing a little cry into the sweater. "Tell me when you're ready, but until then get some rest." She pulled her closer, "It's 3 in the morning," she reminded Taeyeon. She removed the wet strands of hair out of Taeyeon's face and rubbed her back, listening to Taeyeon control her breathing just how she did a few years ago.

-

"Hey you, why are you crying here?" She looked up to see a girl staring at her with worried eyes. "Want.. you want some ice cream?

Taeyeon just stared at the girl. She wanted to stop crying because she knew how ridiculous she must have looked crouched down at the airport. The girl took Taeyeon's hand and dragged her to an ice cream shop. 

"Two vanilla cones, please." She looked at the girl who had her palms in her face. "And two peach smoothies."

Taeyeon still had a stream of tears.

"Yah Kid, stop crying. Eat your ice cream.. it's melting."

-*back-

⋆╰╮⋆

"You must love yourself before you can love another." She read that somewhere and it sort of stuck with her, even though she wasn't the type to follow anything cliché. She wasn't a completely happy person and it angered her. Taeyeon couldn't run away from the truth, but she was good at running away with her feelings and every little thing that prickled her heart. But sometimes she'd run back and hurt then run away again and she didn't know why.

"You're mistaken."

It didn't take long for Taeyeon to spit it out. Actually, she was surprised at how quickly she had said it. If her memory had erase Taeyeon out, it probably was for the best. She thought, maybe Tiffany's life was hard and maybe that was why she stumbled upon an isolated place. But they no longer appeared together at the same spot at the same time like they used to. Taeyeon thought maybe the tree had been erased as well, and therefore, probably all the hurt Tiffany had felt before vanished along with it all.

"So tell me, what's the trick to creating this shadow here?" The girl spoke quickly pointing to a random spot. Tiffany didn't fight back. It just made her even more confused. She completely changed the direction of the conversation to what they were supposed to be there for -- art.

Silly girl.

Taeyeon paused for a second and stared at Tiffany. She thought,' short term memory lost now?', but realized how seconds before, Tiffany choked on her words asking a question she already knew the answer to. After all, Tiffany had pointed to her own drawing without realizing. Tiffany had a look of confusion. She wasn't looking at Taeyeon, and she wasn't looking at the art either. She wanted to know what she was fighting with, why she couldn't understand her feelings. She was hoping Taeyeon had something, a dust of anything, to clear her mind just a little bit. 

"Patience," Taeyeon still answered with one look at Tiffany's drawing. "Don't rush it."

It was funny how everything was repeating itself. Taeyeon did a small smile, her thought back to the time when she told Tiffany her name. She learned right after how Tiffany wanted to live life quickly because she wanted to do many other things in life. She just didn't know how much of Tiffany's life was on the line. That was right before she asked why she hadn't seen Taeyeon smile yet. Her heart dropped all over again.

"I know that smile," Tiffany whispered. 

Taeyeon began packing her things. "If you have no more questions then I should get going. I have a project to work on due in a week."

"How come I know that smile, and I've only seen it twice?"
"I didn't smile."
"You did, Taetae."

Taeyeon’s body stiffened. Tae, TaeTae, Taeng. It was Tiffany and only Tiffany who has ever called her that. Tiffany said it so naturally and so comfortably. 

"Ah. Sorry, that just came out." Tiffany choked holding back her tears. She couldn’t understand why she was tearing up. Just then her phone beeped. Siwon. “Actually, I have to leave now as well. You know.. Preparing a wedding isn’t easy.” She tried to laugh it off. “It was an honor to meet a talented artist like you, and I appreciate you coming out to meet me even when you’re so busy.” Tiffany quickly grabbed her belongings and left before Taeyeon could even reply.

Taeyeon sighed to herself and took her phone out.

“Yuri-ah~. Where’s my ice cream?”

⋆╰╮⋆

Taeyeon opened the door to see a smiling Yuri with her hands full.

“Give me a hug.” Yuri opened her arms which Taeyeon freely threw herself into.

Their relationship was something Taeyeon couldn’t explain. She didn’t want to label it. She didn’t know when she allowed Yuri into her personal space, but it happened over a long period of time. She had her walls built, but she was able to take them down whenever she wanted to. Taeyeon thought of Yuri as a little less damaged version of herself and found her to be harmless. It just was a feeling. 

“What do you want from me?” Taeyeon breathed in Yuri’s perfume. “I like this. Is it what I got you for your birthday?”
“My friend’s getting married!” Yuri shouted excitingly. “Be my +1? And yes, to answer your question.”
“No. Come in.” Taeyeon grabbed a smoothie from one of Yuri’s hands and walked away.

Yuri ran in front of Taeyeon and tried to lure her in with her best puppy face.

“Ew, don’t do that. You look ugly doing that.” She said and walked around Yuri. Yuri rolled her eyes and followed. Taeyeon sat on her island and took the bag full of ice cream goodies from Yuri.

“You’re going to be my +1 and that’s final, miss.” Yuri demanded before letting go of the bag. Her face was literally centimeters away.
“Or what?” Taeyeon retorted.
“You know, you sounded kind of hot just now.” Yuri smirked.
“YURI. WALL. WALL.” Taeyeon pushed her away as Yuri laughed.
“C’mon. Let’s flirt a little.” She held Taeyeon by the waist.
“I’ll be your +1. Now stop. I swear, Yuri..”
“Thanks!” She pecked Taeyeon on cheek and received a glare.

“I don’t know how I deal with you. I really don’t understand it. Go put on a movie for us!” 

-----

Author's note:
Sorry for such a long wait! Here’s a little something. Hope you guys enjoyed. You guys are hella confused right? Please wait for the next chapter!