Chapter 11

Revenge

“Uh...”

Kai opens his eyes.

He feels lightless, so he can’t see anything clearly.

He feels no idea where he is exactly, but he is sure he is in a room. A messy room.

For the next few seconds he just know that he was unconscious for a while.

He looks at his watch, and now it’s 3 a.m.

 

Then, he looks at the corner of the room.

His jaw drops, again.

He sees three blood-flooded lifeless body droop there.

And they are all the people he knows.

“Oh My God, what was happened...” he murmurs. “Baekhyun hyung! Chanyeol hyung! Kyungsoo hyung!  No, no, please, it must be a dream!”

He tries to get up and looking for help as fast as possible.

 

“Unfortunately you are not dreaming, buddy.”

 

Kai stops his move.

He hears a familiar voice.

A voice that he missed for a long time.

 

“Sehun, is that you? But, but why?” Kai’s tears drop after the owner of the voice appears right in front of him. A man who is missing a long time ago.

 

“I must be the one who ask you why, bud,” Sehun takes a step toward Kai. “You just be the one of them. Why?”

“What do you mean?” Kai takes a pace back.

“You are not Kai I knew before.”

“I’ve always been Kai. I still am.”

“No. You can’t be the same Kai. You’ll become like Suho and the others.”

“You’re wrong.”

“It’s no use now,” Sehun shows his knife on his hand. “To be honest, I didn’t want to hurt you, but I have no choice.”

“Please don’t, Sehun...”

“You don’t understand now that you’re a senior.”

“What happened to you will never happen again.”

“It happens all the time. It always has, and it always will.”

“Trust me, Sehun. I’ll do my best. Trust me.”

 

“Stop it, Sehun. Stop!”

You come.

 

“Even you are a ghost or whatever it called, please, stop it. You have gone too far this time.”

 

“I just...” Sehun stammer.

“Not like this, Sehun. I can’t let you harm him, for my sake. He is not like what you think.” Your tears just make your cheeks wet.

“No, I can’t give up.”

“Go harm him and I’ll continue this...” You stab a knife right on your wrist slowly. Your fresh blood is starting to flow.

 

Sehun drops his knife.

He looks at you seriously.

“I always longed for someone who would help me for this revenge. And now I got it. So please don’t hurt yourself. I... I love you.”

 

You also drop your knife.

“I love you with all my heart too. It’s true.” Your tears flows once again. “But not this way. Please, leave the rest of us. Rest in peace, Oh Sehun.”

 

“You are right. I can’t stay like this.”

“I am so sorry. You have to know that we will never forget you, buddy.” Kai says.

 

Sehun smiles.

Sehun hugs you tight.

Your tears flows even harder.

 

“Don’t cry. And thank you for anything. Be safe.” Sehun whispers. “Hey buddy, I hope you can keep her, okay?”

Kai nods and smiles while he wipes his tears.

Sehun releases his hugs from you and disappears.

 

.....

 

It’s Sunday.

2 p.m.

 

You are in the cemetery, Sehun’s cemetery, with Kai.

 

“Hey, Sehun! Look, orientation is over and I am officially a college student!” You say.

“And I already resign from the orientation crew, buddy. Next year, I will not take a duty anymore.” Kai says while laughing. “So how about you? How are you by the way?”

 

“Hmm, Kai sunbae, can you just... oh, no, no, I think Sehun would be sad.”

“What? Just say it!”

“Can you just tell me about what happened to Sehun at that time?”

“What time?”

“When he just got...” You give a sign by looking at the gravestone.

“Oh, I see. Well, I think Sehun wouldn’t be sad. I’m sure he is proud of this. So, the story goes like this. One year ago, Sehun and I was a new student. We are a couple of best friend. One day, hmm, I think the fourth day of the orientation, Suho hyung gave a command for him to kick my head. Sehun didn’t want to. Because of that, he got a punishment. Oh My God that was terrible. Suho hyung, Baekhyun hyung, and also Chanyeol hyung attacked him. That was scary, right? I can’t do anything because Kyungsoo hyung hold me.  At that time, Sehun released his final breath. Right, buddy?” Kai looks at Sehun’s gravestone.

“That was a criminal one!”

“I don’t know to be exact why the police closed this case. This case files as an accident. So that’s why I join the orientation crew as the medical team. I just do my best to prevent that incident happens.”

“So that’s why...” You murmur.

 

“Hey, you have told me that you are possessed by Sehun. Can you tell me more about that?”

“No.”

“Oh come on! That was cool!”

“No!”

“Hey, how can you disobey your senior!”

“No! I said no! Enough!”

“Hey Sehun, look at your junior, possess her once again!”

“Noooooo!”