butterfly

the stars

   The surgery was in two hours. Chae's  parents were somewhere signing papers and going over procedures, while me and Harin were in the room with Chaerin.  Not long after YG had left, Chaerin's parents got here. I had said my hellos and then excused myself. It looked like they wanted some alone time with their daughter. Just as I was opening the door Chaerin called my named. I turned to look at her, she gave me a smile and asked me to stay. She then told her parents that she would like to introduce her boyfriend. So many things ran through my mind at that time but mostly, I loved the way she said I was her boyfriend. She sounded so cute. We all talked for a while then the Dr. called them. 

"So...yeah um I am gonna go and call the 2NE1 unnies...tell them what is happening. Ill be back." she leaned over and gave Chae a kiss on the cheek, and shot me a mischievous smile before she left.

" can you hold me JIngyo...Im cold?" without a word I climbed into bed with her and wrapped her in my arms. She was shivering. 

" so boyfriend huh...does this mean I get to kiss you whenever I want?" She turned her head so she could try and see me.

" YAH oppa...we have to be careful what if Papa YG finds out?" I let out a chuckle."

" Um Hunchae he kinda already knows...He was here in the morning, he saw us." I felt her body stiffen. 

"He came in to check on you and saw us asleep. I told him that I love you Chae." I waited for her to speak but she stayed quiet. So I kept on talking.

" He approves...said he was glad we have each other now."  I felt her wiggle around so I let her go. She turned around, and now we were face to face. 

" He said that?" I nodded my head yes.

"Im glad...that is one less worry now." she looked so sad it broke my heart.

" Hunchae everything is going to be fine you'll see, so don't worry...save your energy for when our scandal breaks out."That made her smile.

" So about those boyfriend privileges..." before I could finish what I was saying she kissed me. Her face was now snuggled up to my chest. I had never felt so happy yet so scared at the same time. How could I ever live without her. 

" JIngyo... can you sing me a song?" without a thought I began singing.

"You got me losing my mind
The way you got me fired up
Never give up girl even when they try us
You and me against the world
With yo
u I ride or die tonight." she sang the next verse.

"You have my heart like the beat
The way you got me turned up
Never give up boy even when they try us
You and me against the world
With you I ride or die tonight
."

" You know I wrote this song about you...your my butterfly." My chest felt hot and wet, was she crying?

" no...Im your queen, your my ruler."  I moved a piece of hair from her face and wiped her tears, then kissed her forehead. Harin came in, in a hurry closing the door behind her.

"Oppa get off my sister my parents are comming...and put your jacket on your shirt is all wet." I couldn't help but laugh she was just like Chae. I wonder if she got it from her.

   It was time, the Dr. came in with her parents. He explained what was going to happen to Hunchae while the nurse prepped her. When they were done he said he would wait outside for us to say goodbye. Her parents and Harin said their goodbyes, gave their kisses and hugs. While they did that I got a text from YG.

YG ->

Is she in yet? Im on my way.

GD <-

No but shes about to ill tell them to wait.

I told her parents that YG was on his way and if they could tell the Dr. if we could wait a bit. They kissed Chae one more time and said they would go tell the Dr. and wait outside for YG. I was in the room alone with Chae once more. I sat next to her. She placed her hand on my lap. I held her hand and raise it to my lips. She smiled, though it didn't reach her eyes. All her eyes held now was fear.

"Don't be scared Ill be right here waiting for you when you come out." she stayed silent but her hand now squeezed mine.

" My queen has to come back...do you want me to sing again?" she nodded her head.

" Like a butterfly
You look for a flower, flutter around like a child
Your innocent eyes have a smile
Your body moves like the sky, the sky
Your eyes glimmer, glimmer
I’ve become like this
You’re the only one girl.
"

   YG came he had braught the girls with him. They were all saying goodbye to Chae. YG then said his goodbyes too, and the Dr. took her. Everyone was In a private waiting room. Chaerin;s parents were talking with YG. Harin was being hugged by Dara noona and Bom noona also had her arms around  Minzy. I was glad they were here. Not only them but my brothers were here. We were off to one corner of the room, I was telling them that Chaerin and I were now boyfriend and girlfriend. They patted my back and mock punched me. Telling me everything was going to be fine. Wasn't I the one telling Chae this not long ago? Did I look as miserable as I felt? At the four hour mark the Dr. sent in a nurse to say everything was going fine but that it was going to take about four more hours. When the nurse left I let out my breath. I didn't even know I was holding it. About an hour later the same nurse came in to say they had found the tumor was bigger than the scans showed but that they could still remove it. Five hours had passed since the last time the nurse came in. We were all worried and the whole room was quiet. I was now pacing the room. I couldn't stay still anymore. Two more hours later the Dr. came in. He didn't look to happy. All eyes were now on him.

" We were successful in removing part of the tumor but..it has spread beyond the point of surgery. Unfortunately it spread to her spinal cord. A very hard, and dangerous place to operate. Im afraid we could not do any more. We hope that when she has healed from the surgery we can start on chemotherapy."

  I was on the floor now, my legs just couldn't hold me anymore. What was gonna happen to Hunchae?

 

 

 

* ok finally got this chapter out I just couldn't bring myself to write it....I feel evil...I don't like me for doing this to Chae. but the story must continue. ; _ ;

side note the second song is a translation of part of GDs song butterfly.