An Arranged Surprise

He's my Husband?!

Hwayoung's POV

It was a regular day, till my mom called me down. I ran down to see what she needed from me. Instead of just my mom, there were several more people. 4 more people to be exact.  "Oh, come sit Hwayoung!" my mom patted the space on the couch, and I sat down. "So, do remember Chanyeol?" I scoffed, and nodded. I wish I didn't remember him. I wish I didn't even meet him. My mom fidgetted around, and I grew suspicious. What is she hiding from me?

"Well, we have decided to arrange a marriage for the both of you!" I gave my mom a face, and widened my eyes. "Your kidding right? Cause I will NEVER marry someone like him!" I stomped my way back to my room, and slammed my door. I jumped onto my bed, looking towards the ceiling. "Augh, being married to him? I'm NOT ready for this!" I said to myself. I just sighed and laid there for a while until he, came into the room. 

"Hwayoung-ah" He said with his, shockingly deep voice. "What is it that you want? Did my mom tell you to come up here?" I asked, facing away from him. "She did tell me to come up here. I came up here, just to see if you were alright." He replied, almost reddening.  "Yeah right. Do you like the idea of this arranged marriage?" I asked. "I think I can get used to that. I don't really know yet." He replied, quietly. 

I turned around to face him. He looked calm, unlike all the other times we had used to hate each other. I started to observe him even better. His deep, dark hazel eyes, his sharp jawline, his plump lips. He looked even better than I remembered. I still hate him, ever since he stole something of mine. Something called a first kiss. 

Flashback

We were only about in 3rd grade. We both played in the park while our parents talked with each other. We were only running around, playing chase. Until it happened. Chanyeol started going closer to my face, and pecked my lips. I just stood there, putting my hands on my lips and just ran off. And we just, hated each other since then. 

"Chanyeol." I said, out of the blue. "Yeah?" He replied. "Do you remember the first time you, kissed me?" "Yeah." and he started to laugh. "We have to kiss again, at the aisle in a few weeks" He said, almost mumbling. 
"What do you mean, 'in a few weeks'?" I asked, almost yelling. "Well, the wedding is in a few weeks. Didn't you know?" He replied, with just a poker face on. "Of course I didn't know! My mom didn't tell me this until now..." I said, pouting. I got off to clarify with my mom downstairs. I just ran to her, with Chanyeol following me. "Mom! Is it true that i'm getting married in a few weeks?" I asked,  she just smiled and nodded. 
I was so shocked, I even wanted to flip a table. 

Chanyeol's POV

Honestly I felt just like Hwayoung did. I didn't want to marry her either but, it's our parent's choice anyway. When my parents told me this, I just didn't know what to say, or even what to feel. Hatred? Betrail? Sorrow? I didn't know but, if it's going to be this way. 

When Hwayoung asked me about the kiss, back in third grade, I honestly didn't know that would come back again. 

I liked her back in the third grade but, she started to hate me. And so I started to hate her back. Ever since then, until we both gradutated high school. They were some tough times to be in. She would usually throw insults at me like "Ew, it's the elf" or even "Oh hi, crackhead." 
I even through some back at her like "Oh, look, it's you" and smile. Or sometimes even, "Hi, ugly" 

I regret those. But, even if i do, they're all in the past now and I should start getting used to Hwayoung being in my life. 

When we all finished meeting the Kim family, it was already time for all of us to go , even my sister, Yura, had a busy schedule. I started to call my best friend, Baekhyun, to ask something of him. 

"Hello?" Baekhyun answered on the phone. "Hi, Baek." I said, and we started to have a long conversation, and it was time for me to ask. "Hey, Baek. Can I ask you something?"

"Sure. You can ask me anything Yeol. What is it?" "Well, i'm getting married in a couple weeks, can you be my best man?"

"OH MY GOD. YEOL. YES. YES, I WILL BE YOUR BEST MAN." Baekhyun yelled, and even squealed. "Thanks bro, this means a lot. I'll talk to you later. Bye, Baek." "Okay, bye Yeol." and he ended the call. I was really glad to get that off my chest so, I wouldn't be so nervous to ask him in person. I started to walk home from Hwayoung's house, it was nice. The breeze hitting my face gently, the sun still shining bright. 

Once I reached home, it was about 7 pm. I got into the house and instantly ran up into my room. I jumped on my bed and laid down. 

"I wonder if she would like to have this wedding." I thought to myself. 


wow uh. I didn't expect this chapter to be this good. 

I hope you guys like it~ 

Ilysm ♥

-author nim