Chapter 4

Love Again

Previously~~

            When the elevator door opens on the fifth floor, I run out and run down the halls, scanning the number on each door until I reach the end of the hall and see 514…

 I take a deep breath, trying to calm myself down as my hand reaches for the doorknob. I slowly turn it and push on the door gently. What I see is a person lying on the bed, looking oh- so- weak, staring at me with eyes that could and does mesmerize me with one glance. A tear runs down my face. Kyuhyun…

 

Sungmin POV

“Kyuhyun…” the name slips out of my mouth.

“Minnie?” He asks. “Why are you here?” With that question, my heart shatters into a million pieces.

 

Kyuhyun POV

Minnie, are you worried about me? I can believe the stupid earthquake cut us off. Does the world hate me?! I wish I could talk to her right now… I think to myself. Just as I snap back into the real world, I see the doorknob turn.

I was expecting the doctor to come in for my hourly check but instead, I see a girl about the same age as me. She looks like Sungmin... Could it be? We just stare at each other.

“Kyuhyun…” Says the girl with the sweet voice. It is Minnie… [YES YES YES YES!! <3]She looks so beautiful, as always, but why do I see dark circles under her eyes? Once I heard her voice, it felt like those 5 years without her vanished, being replaced with happy memories. But wait- how did she know I was here?

“Minnie?” I ask, “Why are you here?” That came out wrong. Well, I was wondering about it, I didn’t tell anyone where I was nor could I in the first place. I see her hurt expression.

“Umm… I-“She cuts herself off, “Sorry, maybe I should go…”

“No!” I exclaim, maybe a little too loud. “I didn’t mean it like that. I- it’s just that- but-“ Arrg! Why can’t I speak properly?! I kept on sputtering random words. “I mean, how did you come? I didn’t tell anyone where I was…”

“But your mom…” I was confused, what about my mom? Did she tell Sungmin? No way, she hates Sungmin. Suddenly, the door creaks open and my mother comes into view.

“I told her.” She says. Was she eavesdropping?!

“Umm, Sungmin? Could I talk to Kyuhyun privately for a second?” She turns to talk to Sungmin. Sungmin nods her head once and silently leaves the room. My mother walks towards me and sits on the edge of the bed which I’m lying on.

“Kyuhyun, you know I’ve held a grudge on the Lee family for a long time-“

“I know, I know. Gosh, you’ve told me this a hundred times already, why are we discussing this?” I rudely interrupt her.

“Be patience and listen to what I have to say before you judge, Okay?!” She snaps. In shock, I stay in silence. She realized what she just did, and starts to speak again.

“Sorry, Kyuhyun. I didn’t mean to snap at you. So as I was saying, you know how I hated her family so much because of what happened between her mother and me in high school, I did something selfish. I didn’t want my family anywhere near hers. That’s why I refused your relationship with Sungmin, even though I knew you guys loved each other so much.”

“WHAT?!” I explode. “You WHAT?! How could you do this to me? My own mother!” My anger was starting raise.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you about this earlier. I was too busy hating then to take notice on how much you need her, how much you loved her… After, the earthquake hit while I was gone, the maid called me to tell me that you were in the hospital. I then realized ‘this is what it felt like to Kyuhyun and Sungmin, taking a loved one away from one another.’ So I called her and told her that you were about to go into a coma soon so she should come as soon as possible.”

“Why did you tell Sungmin I was going to slip into a coma?” I question, the anger turned into confusion.

“Because I wanted to see if she still cared about you and I want you two to be together, despite what I did before. If came, which she did, she passed my little test and because she passed, I will let you guys be together.” My mother said.

“Wait, what? I’m confused” I replied. Well, I was.

“I wanted to see if she still loved you, ok?” My mom says. “Now, stay here and be a good boy while I go talk to Sungmin.”

“Ok.” I obey. She gets up and leaves to go talk to Sungmin.

 

Sungmin POV

What could they be talking about? I was just about to go in when Kyuhyun’s mother came out.

“Sungmin. I’m sorry for all the trouble I caused before. Please forgive me. I know you still love Kyuhyun because if you didn’t, you wouldn’t have come.”

I remained silent. What is she getting to?

“Over the five years, it slowly made me realize that I did something cruel and unforgivable. You’re a very sweet and loving girl, I knew that from the start but because of something that happened between your mother and me in grade school, I held a grudge on your family, therefore, not letting you and Kyuhyun be together.” She continued to speak.

“But is Kyuhyun really going to slip into a coma?” I ask.

“No, I lied to you. I lied just to get you here. I wasn’t sure if you would come if I just said Kyuhyun is fine so I had exaggerated. Mianhae.” She bows, “I will be out of you twos way from now on.”

I nod; my brain is slowly realizing what is happening.

“Now, go in and talk to Kyuhyun. He’s been waiting for so long to talk to you. Goodbye Sungmin.” Without waiting for me to reply, she turns and walks down the hall of the hospital.

I wait a while, take a deep breath and walk into the room where Kyuhyun lays.

“Sungmin.” I hear him say, my full body not even inside the room yet. “Did my mother tell you everything?”

I nod and walk next to Kyuhyun’s bed. He gestures me to sit beside him. I follow.

“She told me everything…” I start to speak. Tears are flowing down my cheeks and I don’t know why. Kyuhyun cups my face and with his thumb, he wipes my tears away.

“I’ve haven’t seen you for so long, don’t cry. We should be happy.” He forces a smile.

“I am happy. I’m in tears because I’m happy, not because I am sad. Why would I be sad when I know I can-“I stop talking. What if he doesn’t like me anymore? What if he’s moved on?

“You can what?” He asks.

“Nothing.” I reply, “It’s nothing.”

He surprises me with a kiss on the lips. How I’ve missed those soft lips on mine. I think to myself.

 

Kyuhyun POV.

“Nothing. It’s nothing. She replies. I realize our faces are only inches away. Without thinking, I lean in and kiss her. My lips touch hers; I can taste a sweet strawberry flavor lingering on her lips. What the hell are you doing, Cho Kyuhyun?! I mentally slap myself and pull away.

“Umm, sorry. I didn’t mean to do that.” I say awkwardly. It becomes silent.

“So…” I say, trying to start a conversation. “How are have you been? Have you been well?”Do you have a boyfriend now? I wanted to ask but I kept that question in my mind.

“Oh, I’ve been fine, very healthy. I just got a promotion in my job.” She replies. Why do we sound like strangers to each other?

“Then why are there dark circles in your eyes? And why are your eyes red, Minnie?” I ask, caring about her.

“What?” She stands up and goes to good at herself in a mirror beside me. ”Oh, it’s just that I was very busy because of the new promotion so I didn’t have much sleep.” I could tell she was lying by the sound of her voice.

“You’re lying.” I accused. “Tell me the truth, Minnie.”

“…” She remains silent.

“Sungmin, please tell me?” I plead.

“Well... I’ve have insomnia lately because… I was… worried about… you.” She says as her head is hung down. She cried and lost sleep because of me? So does that mean she still loves me?

I pat the area beside myself on the bed. “Come here, lie down.”

“What?” She asks.

“Come here and sleep. There is enough room for two people on this bed.” I say. WTF are you saying?! You are going crazy Kyuhyun… I think to myself.

“No, it’s okay. I can sleep on the couch.” She points at the couch beside my bed.

“No, I wouldn’t want you to do that. Just come.”

She thinks for a moment and gives in. She comes near me and lies down beside me. Her hand accidently touches my arm.

“Kyuhyun… you’re so cold!” She says. Without hesitation, she wraps her arms around me. I am surprised.

“Sungmin…”

“Shh, Kyunnie. Get some rest, kay?” She says. Oh, how I’ve missed her calling me Kyunnie…

“Mhmm...” I was half conscious now, “Night, Minnie.”

“Good night. Sweet dreams, Kyu.” I hear her say before I slip into a deep slumber.

 

~End of Part 4~
 

A/N: *yawn* its almost 1am here. This took me about 2 hours to write.. Well, I owe you guys so its worth it but  this chapter is kinda unbeta- ed so sorry if there are any mistakes. This chapter may not make much sense but I wrote it while i was half- concious. Mianhae! *bows head* I will post part 5 soon?

Comments are loved please! <333