Chapter 3- Kyuhyun.. Coma?

Love Again

Previously:
"Hello? “I ask.
"Hello? Sungmin? It's Kyuhyun's mother."
~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello? Sungmin? It's Kyuhyun's mother." The voice in the phone replies. Kyuhyun's mother? Why would she call me? She hates me.

                “Hi, what’s wrong?”I ask. By the sound of her worried and shaking voice, I knew something was wrong. Kyuhyun…

                “Sungmin, I’m sorry about what has happened before and I know you won’t forgive me anytime soon but please come see Kyuhyun, he’s not doing so well. Although he’s still in shock right now, he really wants to see you. The doctor says he might slip into a coma soon. Could you please come for his sake? Please, I’m begging you.”

                I freeze. Kyuhyun... Coma? Without second thought, I tell her I will get there as soon as I can and hang up. I start to dial Eunhyuk’s number as I search on the computer for the next available flight today.

                “Hey, Sungmin. How are you?” She greets me.

                “Sorry Hyukkie [my nickname for her since we were young]. I’m going to Japan later today to see Kyuhyun, believe it or not but his mom called me. Please tell the boss I won’t be at work for a while. I’ll see you soon. Bye” Not letting her get a word in to our one- way conversation, I hang up.

~~~~

Once I buy the ticket online, I shut down the computer and go pack my stuff in a hurry. Once I’m done, I race out of my house and go flag down a taxi outside my apartment.

                “Taxi!” I yell as I wave my hands around. A taxi driver sees me and drives towards me. Once the taxi stops in front of me, I open the door and hop it, dragging my stuff in with me.

                “Where are we heading, miss?” He asks me.

                “Seoul International Airport. Can you drive fast please? I’m in a hurry.”

                “OK, while I’m driving, why don’t you tell me your name? “The taxi driver asks me.

                “Sungmin and yours?” I reply somewhat politely.

                “Ah, that’s a pretty name. My name is Shindong. And not that’s it’s any of my business, but may I ask why you are in such a hurry?” He questions me.

                “I’m sorry but I’d rather not talk about it. “ I respond as tears started to form in my eyes once again.

                “Oh, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have asked.” He says, trying to comfort me.

                “No, I’m the one who should apologize, I shouldn’t be crying in the first place.” I respond. It was kind of silly of me to be crying, but I couldn’t help it. Whenever I think of Kyuhyun, I start to worry and when I worry too much, I cry.

                “No, No. Let your tears come, let them water your soul.” He quotes. “Oh, we’re here now. I hope will see each other again.”

                “Thank you, and I hope we will, Shindong.” I say as I give him the money for the ride. Without another glance at the taxi nor a word to its driver, I take my luggage and run towards the airport.

~LANDING~

                I wait for what seems like a century until the voice in the speaker announces that were are about to land. As I feel the plane touch the ground, rumbling, my heart starts to beat faster as I think about my soon- to- be meeting with Kyuhyun.

                 Once the flight attendants tell the passengers that they can leave, I stand up and bolt out of the door and run outside of the airport. When the automatic doors, the hot humidity reaches my face, reminding me of stepping into a sauna, less damp of course.  “I ignore the heat and stand on the side of the sidewalk and start to wave my hands, trying to get a taxi driver’s attention. It took longer than I expected because I forgot there were many other people like me, trying to call an empty taxi as well. .. As I wait for an empty taxi to come, I decide to text Kyuhyun’s mother. Yes, I know her number.

~~~

From: BunnyMin

To:Kyuhyun’s mother

Which hospital are you guys in? I’m already off the plane.

~~ one minute later~~~

From: Kyuhyun’s mother

To: Sungmin

We are at Okubo Hopsital. Come quick!

~~~~

                I snap my cell phone shut and continue to call for a taxi.

               After ten minutes or so later, I finally flag down a taxi. It’s a good thing Kyuhyun taught me a bit of Japanese when we were together, but that was a couple years ago so my Japanese is probably a little rusty.

                “Hello, where do you want to go?” The taxi driver asks me as I get into the taxi.

                “Please take me to… Umm, Okubo Hospital, please.” I reply. Not one word was exchanged during the ride. After 3o minutes, the taxi arrives in front of the hospital. I thank the taxi driver and pay him. Once I close the door of the taxi, I run into the hospital., my heart pounding. The hospital building greets me with the cool air of the A/C/ I look around, trying to find the front desk. Once I see it, I run there, dragging my stuff with me as I ignore the questioning glares being thrown at me.

                “Um, which room is Cho Kyuhyun in?” I ask in Korean, forgetting that I was in Japan.        

                “What?” The lady asks me, “are you Korean?”

            “Yes, do you speak Korean?” I ask in Japanese, affluently.

            “No, but let me go get someone who does.” She says, or t least that’s what I think she said.

            “No, Wai-“ The lady left to go find a Korean translator. Dammit! I’m in a hurry!I start to tap the desk impatiently. Soon enough, she comes back, bringing the Korean translator with her.

            “Hello, what do you need help with?” The translator asks in Korean.

            “Umm, which room is Cho Kyuhyun in?” I ask once again in Korean.

            “May I ask what is your relationship with him?” She asks.

            “I am his girlfriend” I say. Am I? I think to myself,it’s been five years already, does he actually still have feelings for me? But he called me Minnie, only he calls me that. That nickname was made by him when we were together... STILL!! It might not mean anything anymore. I was arguing with myself mentally.

            “Oh, okay, just a second.” The translator turned around to speak to the lady whom I first talked to at the front desk. The lady listens and starts typing on the computer. Five seconds later, she speaks to the translator and the translator turns to me again.

            “Room 514, fifth floor.” She says.

            “Okay, thank you!” I turn and run to the elevators. HURRY UP! I mentally yell at the elevator as I continuously keep on pressing the up button.

 *ding* the elevator door opens and I step, as the door is closing, I press 5 on the elevator buttons.

            When the elevator door opens on the fifth floor, I run out and run down the halls, scanning the number on each door until I reach the end of the hall and see 514…

 I take a deep breath, trying to calm myself down as my hand reaches for the doorknob. I slowly turn it and push on the door gently. What I see is a person lying on the bed, looking oh- so- weak, staring at me with eyes that could and does mesmerize me with one glance. A tear runs down my face. Kyuhyun…


spacer.gif~End of Part 3~