Five Years Later

Love Again

~~Five years later~~

“It’s been exactly five years since you left, Kyuhyun...” I write in my diary, “You promised you would be back soon for me, I’ve been waiting for 5 years... Have you forgotten me? Have you moved on? Should I move on?” A tear slides down my face as I write a letter to you, a letter you’ll never be able to read. “In the past five years, my busy schedule and your evil mover has made us difficult to communicate with each other; whenever you have time to sneak me a call, I’m either travelling to perform concerts, going to photo- shoots or participating in interviews and shows. Whenever I have time to call you, your mother is there.”

                I close my diary and lie down on cold bed of my lovely room. I take my MP3, which are filled with all your favourite songs and all the songs you’ve sang to me. I plug my ears with my pink earphones, drowning out the sounds of the outside world. I start to cry as the first song starts, thinking about all the memories we had together.
 

 ~A month later~

                “Dear diary today was SOOOOO tiring! We- “I was cut off my ringtone which was Kyuhyun’s ‘listen to me’ of my cellphone.

Who could be calling me this late? I think to myself as I go to pick up the phone.

                “Hello?” I say.

                “Hello? Sungmin?” replies the familiar and warm voice.Is it... Could it be..?

                “..Kyuhyun…?” I ask, it sounded like him but I wasn’t sure.

                “Sungmin! I miss you sooooo much! I’m so so so so sorry I couldn’t call you earlier but this is the only time I can call you. How are you ?! “ Kyuhyun yells in the phone.

                “Kyuhyun, I miss you too! I’m fine, but how are you? How have you been over these past years?” I ask him, afraid to be informal to him but unwilling to be formal.

                “I’m fine but guess what?! I-“ He was cut off by a loud crash.

“Kyuhyun, take cover NOW!! There’s an earthquake!” I hear in the background. I suddenly freeze in alarm. There was a brief pause.

                “Minnie! I’ll talk to you la- “ The line went dead.

                “Hello? Kyuhyun? Hello?!” Hoping that he’ll reply but I knew it was no use, all I could do now was pray that he was okay. I started to cry. I finally get to talk to him after 5 years and we get cut off by an earthquake which may endanger his life…

                I stay up all night praying and writing in my diary since I was too worried about him to go to sleep. But eventually, after who knows how long, my eyes shut and I drifted to sleep.

 

~Kyuhyun POV~

Come on, come on! Leave already! I think to myself as I see my mother getting ready to leave on her one- day business trip. I wait for what seems like forever until she finally reaches the door.

                Finally! I scream in my head as she opens the door to leave.

                “Call me if there are any emergencies. Love you, Hyunnie!” She calls before closes the door.

“Love you too, mom!” I say in a sarcastic voice. I still haven’t forgiven her for tearing me and Sungmin apart. Once I hear the door shut, I race to the phone and call Sungmin. Please tell me you haven’t changed your number yet... I pray as I dial Sungmin’s number.

                “Hello?” I hear. Is that Sungmin? She sounds so different…

                “Hello? Sungmin?” I reply, hoping that she still remembers me.

“… Kyuhyun…?” She asks, although we are on the phone, I can still hear a bit of hope in her voice.

                “Sungmin!” I blurt out, practically in a shouting voice. “ I miss you sooooo much! I’m so so so sorry I couldn’t call you earlier but this is the only time I can call you. How are you?! “

                 “Kyuhyun! Oh, I miss you so much!” I can hear that her questioning voice has been replaced with a joyful chime.

                “I’m fine, but guess what?!” as I was about to get her about my trip to Korea [soon], I get cut off by a loud and the ground beneath me starts to shake. As I realized what was happening, my maid [yes, I have a maid] yells from the other room.

                “Kyuhyun, take cover NOW!!  She screams, “There’s an earthquake!” What should I do? Should I hide or at least say good bye to Sungmin? I think, after a second of thought, I decide.

                “Minnie, I’ll talk to you la-“as I was about to finish my sentence, something heavy falls on top of me and everything turns black~

-END OF PART I-

 

A/N: Okaay.. Here's the first part of my fanfic! I will update whenever I can! I got this idea from a poem form my classmate. This is my first fanfic I have ever written so please dont be too judgemental! I am aware that my grammar is somewhat bad/ horrible. Comments are welcomed! Add me as a friend on LJ or Sub here If you like this fic!! :D

I'll post the next chapter in a few days! <33