Two

The Reason


Kimberly's POV~

Holy crap.

I'm not doing this. Knowing that, why would those two asses enter me? Didn't they know I wouldn't go through with the ? Pfft. Well they're about to find out quick.

"Look...uh...Mr. Announcer? My two - I mean friends entered me in this thing, and honestly, I'm not-"

"Wait!"

London ran up on the stage, and stood beside me with a big smile. "Could you give us a moment, please?"

Majority of the idols smiled, and nodded, even if they could or could not understand what she had said.

London pulled me back a little, and placed her small hands on my shoulders.

"I can't believe you two jackasses entered me in a contest - a freakin' kpop contest - without my permission. Especially without me even knowing," I said, not exactly that upset since London's usually prone to doing stuff like this.

London nodded. "I understand, and I'm sorry okay? Forgive me?" She gave me the puppy-dog look. I rose an eyebrow. She pouted. I sighed.

"Sure, whatever, but I'm still not doing it."

"Why not? Do you think that you're not going to make it?" London asked.

"No London, I told you. I'm not interested in khip or whatever this crap is. I told you that. Plus, I don't even know korean," I replied.

"1. You could if you gave K-Pop a chance. 2. You can totally learn it. That, or, like, I could teach you."

I rolled my eyes. "Alright, well why do you think I should even do this? Especially for a Chinese entertainment?"

London laughed. "Because when you sung that Kpop song that I dared you to do, like, a month ago, you were really good. Someone on Twitter even said it. And it's not a Chinese entertainment. It's SM, a korean entertainment."

I sighed. "Okay. Fine. I just can't believe I'm even saying yes to this crap."

London squealed, and hugged me tightly. Guess I forgot how strong her hugs can be.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thannnnnnnk you!" She shrieked, happily. I smiled slightly, and patted her back.

"Sure, but I don't think I'll be able to even audition if I'm dead," I managed to get out, still getting choked.

She laughed, and finally released me.

"Mianhe, mianhe." I gave her a confused look, but she waved it off, and descended the steps, and whispered something to the announcer, then went back to stand beside Amber. They both gave me a thumbs up. I shook my head with a small smile, and took a deep breath. The announcer gave me a nod, telling me to begin. 

I'm guessing I'm suppose to just sing and dance, right? Oh, well you guys wouldn't know right? Ugh, whatever. I'll just go ahead, and sing then dance. Pretty sure I'm not going to win anyways. I'll just sing what I last sung for that dare. Maybe they'll like that.

"Josimseure hansumi nal jitnulleowasseo jamdeulji motage
Bieobeorin nae gaseumeun babo gatda malhae “wae apeumyeonseo uljido motae~"

I saw London smile widely. Amber was also smiling and was biting her lip in the process. Well at least they held faith in me. I kept singing and returned my gaze back to the hosts. The blonde one which I remember to be Key the "diva" because he was London's bias. Key was slightly smiling, but I really couldn't tell because of the scarf that he was wearing. Who wears scarfs in March? Anyway, the one beside him with blonde hair also didn't exactly have a facial expression, but he didn't really look bored from what I could tell. The other three looked passive. I couldn't tell their expressions. Like that'd make me nervous.

"Nan tteonaji motae nabodado sojunghaetdeon neol
Dasi dorawa tonight
Motae neomu areumdapdeon naldeuri,
Seoro miwohaetdeon sigando neomu geuriwo ijeul su eobseo

Dasi dorawa~ yeah yeah yeah...yeah~"

Key's POV~

"Dasi dorawa~yeah yeah yeah...yeah~"

"Ne, I like the way she's starting off. While doing Jonghyun's part, she sort of sounded like him."

"Haha, ne ne. That hiccuping sound!"

I smiled at Onew, and Minho's comments. She's pretty good. Out of all the places we've been to so far, her voice has really caught my ears the most. It's so fluent, and silky. It makes me wonder if she's had any past relations towards her voice. It makes me think of my past. If I didn't know any better I'd say that maybe, just maybe we have a lot more in common than either of us realizes. 

Normal POV~

"Georil bichuneun bulbicheul hanahana jinal ttaemada api heuryeojyeo
Jom geochireojin sumdeuri goerophyeowaseo gaseum ttwineun geureon ge anya~"

London and Amber held hands as they watched Kimberly drift from the stage and into a whole different universe. She was no longer there. Her mind was elsewhere. She was beginning to sing from her heart. 

"Neoreul saranghaetdeon gieok jiuryeogo noryeokhaedo
Eoneusae juwodamgo inneun nae moseubi chorahaejyeo~"

Key looked at the youngest member of the group who kept looking at her but with a glint of something different when she sung his part. His lips were partly opened, and only Key managed to see a tear fall. 

That was the second time since he's known him that Key had ever seen the younger cry. It would seem the decision was already made up.

"Nan tteonaji motae girl nabodado sojunghaetdeon neol
Dasi dorawa tonight
Motae neomu areumdapdeon naldeuri,
Seoro miwohaetdeon sigando neomu geuriwo ijeul su eobseo~"

Kimberly's POV~

I could hear faint mumbling, but it wasn't clear enough for me to make out. I was singing from within me. I've always done that whenever I sung or I danced. But it was always something I've done alone. By myself, because my parents used to tell me when I was younger that I was never going to become anything expect for what they became. Doctors. Head doctors of a hospital. That's all they thought and still think I'm going to become. 

Why not try to prove them wrong?

"Dari jamgin haneurarae geu modeun ge
Eotteon geotdo yejeon gatjiga anheungeol
Neoreul irheun naman
Meotdaero honjaseo ajik neol damgoseo maldo eobsi on nal bomyeo
Miso jitji anko amu mal eobtjiman geuraedo neoyeoyaman hae~"

I could feel it in the pit of my stomach. That feeling of something amazing about to happen. I haven't felt like this in so long. That weird twitchy feeling? You don't know? Well it's much like that moment where you see a guy you like and he's coming towards you. That butterfly feeling? Yeah, that. However, it's not quite like that. It's more like a swarm of tickling bright stars. I don't know how to explain it, but the feeling is just....amazing. But a big part is coming up, and if I hit it, that would be the coolest I've ever done so far. 

I've never been able to hit this high note since I've sung the song, but hopefully I will today. 

"Nan tteonaji motae haru kkeute gidaeeo swil got neoya nan
Dasi dorawa....~"

I took a deep breath with a pained smile on my face. "Tonigghhhhhhhhhht~"

Normal POV~

It literally felt like time stood on its toes, and held it's breath. The atmosphere was nothing but pure silence. The only voice that filled the air was Kimberly's. Every single heart in that room skipped a beat, or either stopped altogether. 

That high note was phenomenally unrealistically spine-ripplingly fantastic. 

"Ohhh jigyeopdorok saranghaetdeon naegen,
Seoro miwohaetdeon sigando neomu geuriwo ijeul su eobseo....~

Dasi dorawa...yeah...~

Mmmmmmm..~"

London and Amber began clapping frantically with big smiles on their faces. Kimberly blushed uncomfortably, and bowed like how she was taught. London had told her to always bow after having finishing a performance. It was so long that she was taught that but strangely she remembered it. It was greatly appreciated though.

"Amazing Mrs. Stevens. Um, what song would you prefer to dance to?" The announcer asked.

London looked at Amber, confused. "They never ask for the song choice. Especially not SM auditions. What's going on?"

Amber shrugged. "No clue. Maybe Kimberly wowed them so much that they're letting her choose the song."

London shrugged too, and looked back at Kimberly.

"Er, it doesn't really matter. I can dance to any song you put on, really," She replied.

The announcer nodded, and put a CD in the music player, then hit play. The starting beat of the song began playing, then the chorus started. It was a song that Amber was pretty familiar with, but it had been so long since she heard it. She gasped, then looked at London.

"It's the song!" She half-whispered half-yelled. London listened to the song for a second, then her eyes almost bulged out of their sockets.

"Holy ing crack, you're right!"

It was Younique's "Maxstep". A song that had SM's greatest dancers along with special guest appearance, Hyoyeon from Girl's Generation. Kimberly's favorite song to dance to, even though she hates Kpop. London snickered at that. She knew that Kimberly didn't entirely hate korean pop music. It was just the simple fact she couldn't understand a word they said.

Jonghyun's POV~

Wow. This girl can really dance. Almost better than Taemin. Well, can't go that far but she's good. 

I looked at Taemin. Looks like he thinks so too. His eyebrows were raised, and a small smile was tugging at the corner of his lips. 

He glanced at me, then back at her. "She's really good, hyung."

I nodded. "That's exactly what I said to myself. She could be better than you."

He rolled his eyes, a smile finally settling along his lips. "Whatever."

Soon the song ended, and she bowed again, breathing heavily. I looked from left and right and saw that not one of them stood up and clapped knowing that the girl did an insanely amazing audition. I shrugged, and stood up myself and clapped. I saw a smile make it's way across her features. I smiled back. She deserves it. 

Kimberly POV~

I'm guessing I did pretty good by at least one of them standing up and clapping. If I don't make it, it's fine with me. At least I can say I auditioned once in my life.  

"Um...wow. You did really good," Key said with a wide smile as he stood up. I shrugged, and looked down. 

"Thanks," I replied. Mentally I banged my head against a wall. Is that really all I can say? I'm such a fu-

"Yeah, that was crazy. You sung better than me, and almost danced better than Taemin! You have great talent!"

I tried to not giggle, but ended up giggling anyway. I saw the midnight haired guy to Key's left smirk. We met gazes instantly. My heart strangely jumped. I looked back at Key, and focused on him instead. 

"-amazingly fantastic. It took us five countries to find talent like you have. I can honestly say that it was worth it."

I don't know what's more crazy about this whole thing. The fact that they can speak crazy good English or that they actually enjoyed my audition. But I know I can't let everything go yet. I still don't know what their decision is.

Then the other blonde one stood up. "I think it's obvious here."

A guy in a suit came walking up the stairs (where the hell did he come from by the way??), and placed a hand on my shoulder with a genuine smile. 

"That it is, Onew-ssi. How would you like to become SHINee's sixth member?" He asked me.

I saw from the corner of my eye London and Amber jumping around with excitement. I smiled, and nodded.

"That could be fun."

Just what the hell am I even doing?