Four {Part 1}

The Reason

Four

 

I pressed down on the X button as I kept on jumping through the various passageways, going through vines and debri along the way. The sounds of animalistic growls echoed from the hollow walls as I ran and dodged through unfamiliar objects and corners.

"Damnit," I was slashed on the back causing my character to let out a cry of agony, and fell helplessly to the cold ground. She slowly turned around, and the beast looked her smugly in the eyes with its own. 

"Where do you plan on going? What do you plan on doing? Are you not the chosen one?" It said as it neared her face closer, blowing its onion smelling breath against her face. Her lip curled, then she bravely spat in its face. 

"I plan on getting the hell out of here, for one. Secondly, I plan on killing you first. And lastly, " She lifted her knee and kneed it in the jaw causing it to stumble back, and collide with the wall. "I am the chosen one, and this chosen will kick your ."

It hoisted itself from the hole in the wall, and smirked. "That is.....if you're even alive."

I smirked to myself. Bet on it's balls that I will be. 

Just as I was about to kick it's , my cell rang. I groaned, paused the game, and answered the phone.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"I'm at your door, open up."

"Alright."

Throwing my controller beside me, I heaved myself off of the couch, and walked over and opened the door. There that idiot stood. 

I've always had a thing for guys with blonde hair. Most of the guys I've dated have had blonde hair. Guess it's like a ing chain reaction. It'll never change.

He put his palm against my cheek, and kissed my tensed lips gently, then pulled back, noticing my unresponsiveness. 

I sighed. "Don't look at me like that," I said.

He smiled, and walked past me into the dorm. I closed the door, and leaned against it as he took a seat on the couch. He took my red controller in his hands, and looked at me with an amused expression. I rolled my eyes. 

"Still haven't stopped playing games?" He asked me. 

"Still haven't stopped caring?"

He tossed the controller at the end of the couch to his left. "You know me too well to even say that."

"Look, JaeWan, is-"

"How've you been, jagiya?" He intervened, cutting me off from continuing any further.

I shrugged. "I've been alright," But I couldn't help to ask. "You?"

He sighed, and rubbed his forehead. "Appa and Eomma have been on my case for some weeks now." He shifted his gaze down to his hands in front of him. "They've found someone."

I looked down at my boots. "Are you....are you going to ma-"

"No." I looked back up to see him walking towards me. "They can't and won't make me, understand?" I let out a content breath when feeling his warm palms against my cheeks. "I love you, and only you. My promise still, and will always stand."

I nodded, and nuzzled against his touch. "Yeah. I know."

He leaned in closer, and pressed his lips against my forehead, then rested his forehead against mine. I inhaled and was met with his usual minty breath. I quirked a small smirk. "You still haven't told me where you keep getting that toothpaste from."

He chuckled. God, I love his laugh. I smiled.

"JaeWan."

"Why don't you ever call me oppa?"

I couldn't help but laugh. "Because I don't want to."

He pouted.

"Plus..." I felt my cheeks burn. "It's embarrassing."

He pulled back slightly, and smirked. "Is the great Kimberly Stevens embarrassed?"

I played it off by rolling my eyes, and looking elsewhere. "Shut up. You heard me."

He chuckled, and kissed my nose causing me to blush even further. "Hate you."

"I know," He kissed me again. "But I love you."

"Kimberly, wake up. We're here."

I cracked open one eye, then opened the other. I stretched, then yawned. I heard a chuckle beside me. I instantly looked over at a blonde haired guy who was smiling at me like some erted idiot. 

"Uhhh, you are?" I asked.

He rose an eyebrow. "Jonghyun?"

I squinted at him, then realized something, and sighed. "So I guess it wasn't a dream after all."

He chuckled. "It's not. You're really the sixth member."

I groaned. "And you remind me." 

He patted my shoulder, and stood up. "You'll be okay. I got your bags."

I nodded, then picked up my phone from where it dropped under my bag, and noticed while coming back up the scenery outside the window. I rose my eyebrows as I leaned over  to look out the window. Wow.

I looked down down at my phone to see it was 12 at midnight. Damn. I slept for 11 1/2 hours? Must've been tired as hell.

"Hey, are you coming?" London asked me as I stuffed my phone my earbuds in my coat pocket. I nodded, as just noticed that we were still in the air, but we were like 5 minutes away from landing. I gave her a muddled look.

"Are you sure we should be standing up while still in the air?" I asked, addled by the mere situation. Instead of giving me her usual semi-annoyed look, she laughed it off.

"Haha, I just now realized something!" She bellowed. I rose an eyebrow. What was she talking about?

"And....that would be?" I asked her.

She brought her fist to cover . "You've never flew in a jet before!"

I sighed, and rolled my eyes. So, that was it, eh? Of course I've never been in a jet before. Could you blame me, really? I mean, my parents disowned me financially so what do you expect? Hell, I've never even been on an airplane or if I have then I don't recall since I've been able to make my own decisions (which was around 10 years old).

"Oh," I stood up, stretched. "Well you knew that considering you've met my parents at least twice."

She nodded. "True."

"London, does Key like you?" Sure, it's a random question, but hey. I was curious.

She rolled her eyes, and waved me off. "Of course, I mean, who wouldn't like me? I mean, think about it. I'm lovable, sweet, caring-"

"Conceited?" I intervened, one eyebrow raised. 

She pouted. "No. I was going to say romantic. OMG! Like, did you know that Keybummie, like, shops every Saturday?"

"Keybummie?"

Blood rushed to her cheeks. "Well, yeah. That's his nickname that us fans gave him," She replied, as she tried to stay brave, and not get embarrassed. 

I laughed. "Well, I wonder if he knows about his new little nickname," I said. She slapped my arm, and walked over to where Keybummie and a guy with dark brown hair stood talking. Still don't know two out of five of their names. Guess I'll ask later. 

I turned back around, and looked out the plane window to see us flying into a much secluded part of the airport. I sighed. Forgot. I'm in a celebrity boy band now. Damnit. I guess it's not called a "boy" band anymore. Hm. Just a group then.

"Daebak, right?" I heard someone beside me say. I glanced to my left to see Taemin's face only inches from mine. Inwardly, I groaned.

"Don't know what the hell you just said, but sure," I replied. Really should've took that Korean 101 class like London and Amber told me to.

He smiled. "The scenery 5 minutes ago."

"Oh," So that's what he was talking about. "Yeah, sure. It was okay, or whatever. Let me ask you a question," I learned back up, and looked at him, my arms crossed. He learned back up too, and stretched. In the process his shirt rose up a little revealing a very defined v-line. Feeling my cheeks burning, I adverted my eyes to my boots instead. 

"Hm?" He replied followed by a yawn.

"U-uh, why are always l-looking at me? It f-ing creeps me out, and irritates me."

I saw him step closer to me by looking at his feet, and felt a warm feeling against the shell of my ear. I involuntarily shivered.

"Why? Does it bother you that much to ask me about it?" He whispered, each word that slipped past his tongue causing more and more of his breath to hit my ear.

I awkwardly cleared my throat. "Bastard," Was all that managed to come to mind.

He chuckled, leaned back a little, winked, and walked past me to do whatever. I bit my lip. That ing bastard. God, I hope I get my own room.

~

"And.....this is where SHINee relaxes, and unwinds," Who I momentarily learned to be Onew said, letting out a breath.

London squealed causing Key to smile. "I cannot believe that I'm actually in SHINee's dorm! Willingly!" She bellowed with a big smile.

"I can't believe the manager's letting you stay in the dorm considering you're just a travel mate," I said, voicing my opinion while allowing my eyes to roam around the spacious dorm. Looked like it could fit all of us at one time.

I felt her small hand slap against my elbow, and I just smirked. "What? Just sayin'."

Onew, and the rest of the guys walked in the dorm, and went down a hall, leaving both of us confuse on whether they wanted us to follow them or not. I looked at her, shrugged, and followed. 

"Y-yah! Kimmy, wait!" 

When we finally caught up to them, we noticed that they were all in the second room to the left with Taemin and Jonghyun arguing. About what, we didn't know.

"Why this room? I'm sure manager-hyung wouldn't mind giving up his room!" Taemin argued.

 Jonghyun sighed. "Tae, since I moved into manager-hyung's room, you've had this room to yourself. The least you could do is share it and stop acting stubborn when we all know you really wouldn't mind her rooming with you."

I rose an eyebrow, then my eyes expanded, realizing what the whole argument was about. I. Was. Rooming. With. Lee. Taemin. Of. All. Members. 

"Why me???" What? It wasn't like I meant to say that out loud.

Jonghyun glanced at me, then at Onew, and sighed again. "Onew-hyung."

"You are a new addition to SHINee so you may not know of this but I'm the leader of the group, and since you both are the maknaes then it would make sense for you two to room together. Besides, Taemin shouldn't have a room to himself if you're in need of one," Onew said. 

I groaned. "Got you on that, but I can't last more than five minutes with that ing prick. For the sake of this band, don't room us together."

Onew opened his mouth to protest back but then Key luckily stepped in. 

"Okay, I've got an idea. How about Onew takes manager-hyung's room again, and then Kimberly can room with Jonghyun," He glanced at me, and smiled. "How does that sound?"

I nodded with a small smile. "Much better than the first."

He nodded, and we all looked at Onew to hear his response. 

After minutes of staring at the guy, he finally caved in and agreed with the arrangement. 

All of us except for Taemin shuffled out of the room, and headed towards I'm guessing Jonghyun's room. 

His, unlike Taemin's surprisingly, wasn't as messy. It was.....well everything was in order. Magazines neatly stacked atop of each other on the night stand beside the neatly made bed with a very visible hardwood floor. It looked really nice.

There was another bed to the left of the room that looked like it was practically made for my taste. With its modern style, and it's black and purple comforter, it felt like a dream. Well, almost if not for the fact that Taemin's face suddenly popped into my mind. 

"Well, this is Jonghyun's room. I'm guessing you already know which bed is yours telling by the way you're ogling it," Onew said with a chuckle. 

I smirked, and went over, and placed my bag on the bed. Minho came over, and sat down my suitcases beside the bed with a smile. 

"I don't know how long it will take for you to get used to Taeminie, but hopefully he won't be a reason for you to quit."

Then he left out of the room just like that. Then I noticed that everyone had left except for Jonghyun. I sent him a nod, and started on unpacking.

Throughout the unpacking, Jonghyun came over and helped out wen necessary, and it made me feel non-invisible. 

It's all still a very hazy blur. Me out of thousands of people got picked, and was immediately thrown the title of being the sixth member of SHINee. On the way to Korea, the manager had said that the company would announce SHINee's sixth member in about two days, giving me time to prep myself, and just get settled in and maybe familiar myself with everyone. I don't mind doing it, but I'd rather not get to know Taemin anymore than I already do. Seriously.

"ing finally. I don't even remember packing most of this ," I said to myself, looking at all the stuffed animals and pillows that sat on my bed. London. That was the only culprit that came to mind.

Jonghyun sashayed over, and looked at the plushies and pillows with amusement. "Wow. I didn't know you liked stuffed animals."

I scoffed. "As if you'd know anyway. We've only met, what? Some good hours ago? We're still practically strangers."

He smirked, and shook his head. "That may be true, but for some reason, I feel like we've known each other much longer than that." He inched forward as I backed up. "Granted, you most likely feel differently to that, but does that matter?" He kept walking closer as I kept walking back. What the hell?

"Hey, what the fu-"

He suddenly slapped his palm to the dry wall only centimeters from me, and leaned forward. Dammit. Second ing time this 's happened. Unbelievable. First that black haired turd, now this blonde haired idiot. Reminds of some ing movie or something. Cheesy as hell.

"Kimberly....." He started, and rubbed his cold nose across my cheek. I involuntarily shivered, but didn't push him away. Why the not? Two reasons. The guy's ing hot. Two, he's hot. Need anymore reasons?

"Huh...." I answered, my eyes slowly closing as I accepted the increasing proximity that kept going on. I felt his nose run down to my neck. Really? How the did he know that that's one of the very sensitive spots on me? 

I let out a girly squeak, and pushed him away. He fell to the ground, laughing his off. Blushing with anger and embarrassment, I quickly left out of the room, ignoring his weak (and strangled) protests for to come back, and that he didn't mean it.

I sighed, and walked into the bathroom without even noticing that it was closed, and immediately wished that I had knocked. 

Holy. ing. . 

So. Guys, remember that once upon a time when I said that Taemin was a turd? Yeah, uh, let me rephrase that. He's a y turd. 

Now, remember when I said that I like blonde hairedguys? Well, that's not a lie, most definitely not, but I JUST might make an exception to black hair. Jesus Christ with a halo. . Me. Sideways.

Of course, he's not really doing anything y to you guys, but in my eyes, god forbid that I even think about the guy. Maybe being a part of this band is gonna be a lot harder than I once thought. But his attitude and personality is ty, so I guess that would still make him a turd wouldn't it? Haha. Yep. Still a turd.

I then saw his eyes shift to the side to me, and I just stood there. Even more embarrassed for not backing out of the ing bathroom.

"Uh, were you staring at me?" He asked, one eyebrow raised.

Should I just back out, and close the door or nah? Hmmm.... Maybe I should just run. No, that'd make me look like some white chick from the movies. You guys know what I'm talking about. Haha. Yeah. 

"Uh, nah. I was just...I gotta pee. Really bad, and I was just waiting for your to stop staring yourself in the mirror," I said back, virtually patting myself on the back for that one. Smooth Kimberly, smooth.

He chuckled, and looked back at the mirror. "Right," He walked past me, out of the bathroom while drying his hair with a towel. "Whatever you say."

I rolled my eyes, and went in the bathroom, shutting the door behind me and locking it.

~

Taemin threw the damp white towel across the room, and plopped down on the edge of his bed, and sighed. Feeling a sharp headache coming along, he went and opened his beside table drawer, and reached in, but pulled out something he hadn't seen in months. 

The scarf. It's purple stripes threw a wave of remembrance over him. He could feel his heart pick up a beat, and a familiar warmth settle within him, sending shivers down his spine.

He smiled a little, and thought back when he first came in contact with it, and how he came to dream of a certain someone every night.

 FlashBack 


Silence. Peace and quiet. 

The dorm was absolutely quiet. Everyone was out for the day enjoying their day off. It was one of those days where if everyone's schedule was free, they'd all go out somewhere, and spend the whole day out doing god knows what. 

And Taemin was glad for that.

Something peaked at his nerves whenever Key or Minho would burst into the room asking over 90 questions each hour. It irked him to no end. They didn't understand. He liked - 'no' - he 'loved' to be alone. Jonghyun, who he shared the room with, was rarely in there with him except to sleep of course. 

He's become quite the anti-social ever since they released their new album a couple of months ago. It had nothing to do with WGM ending, or with the Festival Tour that they had just finished with. Neither him nor anyone else knew what it was, but Taemin wasn't going to question it. 

That's just why he was simply content at laying across his bed on his stomach looking at some of their past music videos, and at the comments about them. 

After watching Ring Ding Dong, he noticed one particular comment that actually made him chuckle. The username caught his attention first. 

'Mrs. BumKi-KiBum'

He shook his head, and read on.

'OMFG! Key's hair is sooooooo y! His hair then was ugghhhh! >.< Not that I don't like his hair now because let me tell you, it is amaaazzinnngg~ ^^ But much love to SHINee forever! They'll always be my favorite group!!'

Taemin smiled. 

Besides the Key part, he was glad that fans were so committed to them.  It made him feel like whatever mistakes they made from the start to now practically didn't exist. It was a breath of fresh air for him. He hoped that fans like that will always be with them for as long as they perform which he preferred to think as a very long time.

He scrolled down a little further, passing a couple of comments, one making him roll his eyes where talking about Jonghyun's pink lips and his y voice or something along those lines, but he stopped, one comment catching his eye. 

'Dont_Go_Chasing_Waterfalls: I was asked to see this video, and I'm kinda glad I did it. I honestly think that they all have unique aspects that just go so well together. I especially like the one that had those really puffy lips and cool hairstyle. Even though this video is pretty old, I find that he has a lot of talent. 

Overall though, they were really great. ^.^'

That comment made him set his laptop to the side, and think for a second. That comment was not only two months old. It just amazed him on how Shawols (or if that person was a Shawol anyway) stayed so devoted to them throughout their years of performing. It made his mind go blank. But nevertheless, he was glad to have fans like that. Especially fans that actually saw 'him' throughout the other members. Not many fans (back then) saw him. They either pointed out Jonghyun, Key or Onew. Some never even saw him since he rarely had any screen time. 

It just warmed his heart a little to know that he had such amazing fans.

Feeling a little thirsty, he trudged out of his room to the kitchen area. He hadn't eaten anything, but he wasn't really hungry, but he decided to take an apple out of the fruit bowl anyway as he passed the table into the kitchen. Even though he didn't talk to his hyungs that much anymore, he still didn't want them to worry too much about him. 

if you see any mistakes then I haven't edited it just yet but I'll get l.But he knew all too well that they still did. Maybe even more these days.

He opened the fridge, and stared at a half full fridge. There was nothing left but overnight Kimchi, a bucket of fried chicken that had a sticky note on it saying to not eat, and a half full bottle of red wine. He closed the door with a sigh knowing that he'd have to go out, and go grocery shopping. Shopping wasn't his forte but what much could he do? There wasn't even any water bottles. Shopping, at this point, was a must.

Since he had on a decent pair of sweatpants, and a v-neck t-shirt, he just grabbed his keys that was hung up on the wall beside the painting in the dining area, and his coat. Forgetting his sunglasses altogether, he headed out the door completely forgetting about them. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Deciding that it was nice day, he dismissed the thought of calling for a cab or the company van. He wanted to walk down the street, and enjoy the cloudy day as it was. 

He loved when the sun wasn't out too much. It hurt his eyes, and just made his mood flatten. It was cloudy and depressing just like him. 

A large breeze came his way causing him to tense his shoulders, and stuff his hands in his pockets. He should have brought along a scarf. 

His cheeks welcomed the warm air once going into the store with open warms. He was freezing. 

He headed over to the dairy aisle, grabbed a jug of milk, then went to grab some banana milk when he saw a hand come from behind him, and take it. 

It was the last banana milk. There were none to be expected in until tomorrow.

Taemin was highly upset. 

He instantly turned around, and was met with two amused brown orbs. The girl didn't look any older than 19, but he couldn't be too sure. She had a soft, brown complexion, and long, 'long' black wavy hair. He didn't pay any mind to what she was wearing, he just stared into her eyes, annoyed.

But he had to reason with the girl. If he knew one thing, it was his looks that could get him what he wanted. Mentally, he smirked. It was going to be easy. Maybe a little 'too' easy.

But to his surprise, she spoke first.

"Oh. This is the last one, am I right? I'm guessing you want the last one, huh?" She twirled the small sized bottle of banana milk between her fingers with a smug look on her face. "I'm sorry, but I happen to love banana milk, and I'm not much of a giving person so I think I'll keep it."

If she didn't speak Korean so fluently (which caught him 'entirely' off guard) he would have made a sneer remark knowing that she wouldn't understand him, but that was way behind him now. He would have to play his cards right if he wanted the milk.

He cocked his head to the side a little, and his lips. "I'm just fine letting you have it. It's better to know that a girl like you has the last one other than someone else."

He gave himself a virtual pat on the back. Smooth.

She didn't budge. 

She 'walked' away towards the counter. 

He quickly got in front of her. He had to beg, something he wasn't used to doing, but would have to do.

His love for banana milk went a long ways.

"Please, I'll give $100 for it. Whatever the cost, I just really want that bottle of banana milk," He rolled his eyes inwardly, wishing he'd just disappear or something. He felt so embarrassed. 

Without questioning his begging, she handed it to him, smiled slightly, and went down some other aisle. Taemin was honestly confused. In fact, he was more confused than he had been from when he woke up. 

Earlier that morning he heard some whispering outside his door, but couldn't figure out who it was. It sounded like Jonghyun and Key's voice but he wasn't too sure. They were talking about how their manager was always out, and never in his room. They barely saw him back then so Taemin couldn't see what the problem was dealing with that. So he settled to not caring, and went back to sleep.

When the girl was out of sight, he just decided to just check out both milks, and get out of that store. He'd have to shop later or get Key to do it. He felt like he was going to regurgitate if he stayed in that store any longer.

On his way to the register, his eyes caught something purple striped laying helplessly by the candy section of the shelf. He bent down,  and picked it up. A scarf. Then, he remembered something. The girl that he had just met with was wearing the exact same scarf. 

After paying for the two items, he quickly left out of the store, but noticed that it had started snowing. He sighed in agitation, and decided to call the company van. He couldn't stay out in the cold too long. He wasn't a cold person. 

Once the van arrived, before he stepped inside, he noticed from the corner of his eye the same girl that he came in confrontation with minutes ago, but she couldn't see him due to her back turned to him. Debating on giving the girl her scarf back, something at the back of his mind told him to just keep it. So he did. Without a thought about it, he quickly got into the van dismissing the thought of thanking the girl, or giving the scarf back to her.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

When he came back to the dorm and went in, he saw s sitting in the living room, laughing and playing around with each other. Inwardly, he groaned. He decided to play assassin, and push his back flat against the wall to try and sneak his way past them to his shared room. 

He wasn't a very good assassin.

"Haha, woo! Hey, Tae-baby. Where have you been? I was worried about you." Key asked.

Taemin rolled his eyes, then turned around with a small smile. "Um, actually I just went to the store." He held out the two bags for proof. Key nodded, and looked back at the tv, and laughed with the others. 

Taemin let out a sigh of relief, and walked in the kitchen. He put away the milk, and contentedly went to his room with his bottle of banana milk.

He was kind of surprised when they first came out with bottled banana milk. They used to only have it in jugs, but now they had them in bottles. He could take one anywhere and no one would look at him crazy.

He closed the door behind him, and sat back on his bed deciding to just listen to some music, and catch up on some dearly missed sleep. 

He fell asleep with the scarf tightly gripped in his palm. 

That night, he dreamt of the same girl.

Who knew that they would come in contact once again..


~ Well, that was it for the first part but part two won't be coming out anytime soon since many tests are coming up and I'm going to be studying my off for them for the time being so sorry guys~ :(