Three

The Reason

~ Kimberly's POV ~

"London, calm down. Just because you're going with me doesn't mean that you get to act like a maniac," I said with a sigh.

Ever since we got back from the auditorium (from the audition), she's been going crazy. I don't mind her going, but I don't want to get weird looks from people. I already don't like people in general.

"Ugh, I know, but I can't help it. I love SHINee!"

I rolled my eyes as I threw a couple shirts and underwear into my suitcases. "As if I could ever tell," I said sarcastically.

She huffed, and slung her suitcase on my bed. "Too bad Amber can't come though. If my grades were on the line, I'd still go," She let out a breath. "Hm. That's her though. She's always been the nerdy type. But I love her though."

I threw the rest of my shirts, pants, socks, bras, and whatnot in the suitcases, and closed them all up. "Yep. The fewer the better."

She leaned up, and slapped my arm. I gave her a look. "Don't be mean. Amber really wanted to come."

"And?"

I wrapped one of my favorite scarfs around my neck, and re-situated my bra. 

"And? Kim, she likes SHINee just as much as I do. It's one of her DREAMS to meet them one day, and all you can say is And?" 

I shrugged. "Well what the hell do you want me to say? Smart or nah? I'm joining the group, so she can practically meet them one day. I don't know if that makes sense or not but.......you know," I said with a hint of sarcasm. She rolled her eyes, and began playing with a strand of her hair.

"No need to be so sarcastic, you know," She mumbled. I shrugged again.

"Don't say dumb and I won't reply back with smart answers."

She stuck out her bottom lip. "Unnie..."

I sighed. "What?"

"I sowwy.."

I quirked a smirk. "Really? You think that's gonna work on me? You know you get to still go right?"

She nodded, her bangs slightly covering her eyes. "I know, but I don't want to go on that plane with an upset best friend by my side."

I sighed, and playfully punched her shoulder. "I'm not upset. I just don't feel comfortable with leaving Ty behind you know?" I sat down beside her, and laid my head on her shoulder. "We've always been there for each other. You remember that one time when he asked me to polish his edges up for him?"

She laughed. "Yeah, you, like, cut off the remainder of his edges. That was hilarious. He was SO pissed."

I nodded with a faint smile. "That's what I'm talking about. Afterwards, we made up, and joked around. I'm gonna....I'm gonna really miss those times..."

London wrapped her arms around my shoulders, and rested her head on mine. "Yeah, me too. You did sign a five-year contract."

I grimaced. "Yeah. Thanks for reminding me, London."

She giggled. "You're welcome."

I've always had this special relationship with Ty. We had no other choice but to depend and lean on each other throughout our lives. Our parents didn't give a and still don't give a about us. Well, they do, but they want us to experience how they got to where they have gotten today. I understand that, I do, but not at least helping us out when we really need it? How fair is that? I clenched my jaw. Well this 's ending quick. Now we'll see who will have to depend on who. I've got a plan, and I plan on putting that plan into motion really soon.

I've got my ing life in control and no one is gonna help me manage that.

~
~ Normal POV ~

"Is that the last one miss?"

Kimberly nodded as she pulled her long ponytail out from under her jacket that she threw on. It was suppose to rain sometime through the day, and the wind was picking up quite quickly. 

The chauffeur opened the door, bowed, and smiled. "Please enjoy the ride to the airport."

She nodded back, and slid in next to an excited London who was practically hyperventilating.

"What's wrong with you?" Kimberly asked, one eyebrow raised.

London shook her head, her leg bouncing erratically. "Nothing, nothing. Just a little nervous is all."

Kimberly let out a mocking laugh. "You? London Lee? Nervous? Funny. Just ing hilarious."

"I'm serious, Kim," She adverted her dancing eyes to the still laughing girl.  "What if he doesn't like me? What if he doesn't find me cute enough? What if-"

"Damn, London, hold up. Who're you talking about?"

She looked back at the window. Kimberly could definitely tell that the girl was more than nervous and embarrassed by the way her cheeks were beginning to turn red. 

"Key?"

She let out a small squeak. Kimberly rolled her eyes, and patted the girl's back. "Trust me. He'll like you. You two are practically the same anyway."

Then London suddenly turned around, and wrapped her tiny little fingers around Kimberly's shirt collar, and pulled their faces close. 

"That's what I mean! We cannot be the same! Opposites attract, Kimberly!"

Kimberly rolled her eyes again, and untangled the girls fingers from around her exceptionally expensive shirt that she proudly paid for with her own hard earned money. 

"Calm down, girl. Every guy that you've ever been with has always liked you. Why is Key any different?"

Her eyes looked like they were bulging out of their sockets. "What did you just say? Key is waaaayyy different from all of the guys I've ever dated! He's sweet, funny, fashionable, naggy and is just plain cute! Totally different, Kimberly!"

Kimberly yawned, and nodded. "Yeah, I know. You told me before. Look, he'll like you okay? Just take a couple deep breaths, and be yourself."

London smiled slightly. "Wow. Haven't heard you say something like that since we first became friends. Thanks."

Kimberly shrugged. "Yeah, yeah. Don't make a big ing deal about it alright? Act like you're not used to it and ..."

London's smile grew. She then wrapped her arms around Kimberly, and hugged her tightly. "Love you, Kim."

"Mmhm."

~

~ Kimberly's POV ~

*poke*

*poke*

*poke*

*poke*

"Kimmy."

*poke poke*

"Kim."

*poke*

"Kimberly."

I cracked open on eye lazily, noticing London's facial expression first. It was a weird mixture of worryness and a hint of anticipation. I sat up from her lap, and stretched with the little room I was allowed with, and sighed. 

"Are we here already?" I asked in general, surprised that we got here so fast. 

"Yes, Mrs. Stevens. I'm afraid so. I will fetch your suitcases. They are waiting for you two. Do hurry."

The chauffeur went to go get our bags while London and I stayed in the car. Her face was practically pressed against the glass.

"Hey," I placed my hand on her shoulder. "Are you still nervous?"

"Well, yeah. Who wouldn't be if you're meeting your band for the first time? Especially your bias."

I awkwardly nodded. "Yeah," As if I'd know anything about that. "You'll be okay."

She nodded back in response. "Yeah. I hope so."

"Well," I grabbed the door handle, and pushed open the door. "Ready?"

She looked back at me, and smiled. "Yep. Let's do it."

We both got out to see the chauffeur holding both of our bags with the SHINee members and the manager guy beside him. I glanced at London to see her slowly closing the door, and easing around the car, towards me. I went to stand by her, and stuffed my hands in my pockets. I leaned over to her. "Take deep breaths. You're going to be fine." I looked over, and met Key's eyes, and winked giving him the signal. He smiled, and nodded. Glad he remembered.

He walked forward, and stood right in front of her. Her eyes dilated. He leaned forward, kissed her cheek, and bowed slightly. "It's nice to meet you, London. I'm sure you know already, but my name is Kim Kibum, or originally known as Key."

She, for a good few minutes, just stood there, then after that (what seemed like a) long period of time, she wrapped her arms around his waist, and hugged him tightly. He giggled, and hugged her back, though not as tight. 

What the hell is that? Irritated, I looked to my left prevail vision to see that black haired guy staring at me. It was like he was trying to burn holes through me. The hell was his problem?

"Is there a problem?" I asked him, tilting my head to the side. I saw him quirk a small smirk, then turn around, and begun towards the private jet that was waiting for us to board. Confused and irritated, I took our bags from the driver, thanked him for his service, and started towards the plane when I heard my name. I turned around, and a smile instantly found it's way along my lips. I set the bags down, and ran into his arms.

"Hey girl. What did you think? That I'd let you go without saying my goodbyes? And seriously? You weren't going to tell me anything until after you left?" 

I smiled, and hugged him extra tightly causing him to grunt uncomfortably. He's not much of a touchy feely person either. Definitely siblings. I released him, and punched his stomach. 

"Stop acting like my dad. I just didn't want your to know anything until I felt like telling you about it, alright?

Ty rolled his eyes, and ruffled my hair. I stuck my bottom lip out as I fixed my hair back. 

"As if you were going to tell me anything. You're always keeping secrets."

I smiled to myself mentally. It's true. I've still got secrets from the 4th grade. I always keep my promises. 

"Well you never know. This time is different."

"Mom and Dad called."

I sighed. "You didn't tell them-"

"I didn't say anything about you or where you're going or what you plan on doing," He replied back with a small smile. 

I smiled slightly. "You're still keeping that promise we made 10 years ago?"

He nodded. "Always have, always will."

He pulled me into a hug, and rested his chin at the top of my head. 

"Be careful, alright? Don't get pregnant, don't date guys, and call me a couple of times. Just to let me know that you're still alive and breathing."

I rolled my eyes, and hugged him back. "Yeah, yeah. Okay. I'll call you.....or not."

He chuckled. "Whatever. But seriously. Call me, and don't get into trouble. I'll be rooting for you sis."

I sniffed, and blinked away the oncoming tears. It's been a while since I shed a tear. The last time I cried was when our little sister past. That was five years ago. I remember. She always told me that she wanted to be a singer, and that she wanted to shine brighter than the sun with her voice. I made her a promise. I promised her that if she couldn't, I would carry out her dream. This was it. I had to give up some things to gain some. I won't fail her. I'm going to make her proud.

"Make her proud, Kimberly."

He pulled back, and wiped the tears away, and smiled. "You two used to sing all the time. She now lies within in you. Don't let her dream die out, okay?"

I nodded, and sniffed. I probably looked like hell, but hell, I didn't care. Saying the goodbyes had always been the worst part about leaving the people you care about behind.

"Yeah. I will," I replied. 

He ruffled my hair, kissed my forehead, and walked back towards his car. I noticed that Lily wasn't with him for the first time. Guess she had better things to do.

I waved as he drove away.

Everything that I was leaving behind. Was I going to miss it all? 

~

As we boarded the plane, I immediately took notice of how the seats were arranged. Private jets were always known to luxurious and all, but this one was over the ing top. It only had six seats with a good sizable bar at the back. London glanced at me then back at the six seats. 

"Oh, no." 

Before I was able to comprehend anything, everyone took their picked seat, leaving me to find someone to sit with. London had sat by Key so I couldn't sit with her. I felt that same guy's stare to my right, but I paid no attention to him. I'm definitely not sitting with him. 

"You could sit with me."

I looked to my left to see the blonde haired guy which I learned his name to be Jonghyun by the manager (he only told me a few of their names) sitting by the window, patting the spot beside him. He managed to take the biggest seat out of all of them. It could fit two people in. How lucky for me.

I nodded, and awkwardly sat down beside him, noticing the uncomfortable feeling of the brush of our legs once I sat down. He didn't say anything expect for smile, and look out the window beside him. 

Out of my small bag that I brought with me, I took out my headphones and my phone. Hopefully listening to music will take my mind off of things.  Lately, things have became so complicated.  

~

"Yah."

"Bae, I'm sorry, alright? Look, look, he wasn't even that good in bed. You're way be-"

"Are you ing kidding me? Just delete my number, and don't try to ing call me again. I should've known that you were fake. You all are ing liars."

"Kimberly, wait! Let me explain!-"

"Yaahhhhh. Kimberly, wake up."

I jolted awake, and looked at Jonghyun, my heart beating erratically. 

"Huh? Are we there yet?"

Jonghyun shook his head, and took a sip of his, well, what looked like alcohol.

"We're still in the air. We've got about ten more hours. I just woke you up to see if you were hungry. London told me that you haven't eaten since this morning."

I yawned, and stretched. Today's been going by crazy fast. Not that I'm complaining anyway. I may or may not be impatient. Heh.

"Yeah, I could eat," I replied. 

I looked back, and saw London giggling as Key fed her. I rolled my eyes. We haven't even landed in Korea yet and those two are already acting like a couple. Wow. 

Before I turned back around, I noticed HIM staring at me again. He took a sip of his drink, smirked, and looked out the window beside him. I gritted my teeth as I turned back around. 

"Hey," I took his drink, and took a sip. "What's that black haired guy's name?"

Jonghyun lifted an eyebrow, then looked around me to see who I was talking about. He nodded. 

"That's Taemin. He's the maknae of the group. He's been pretty quiet nowadays."

I nodded, and handed his drink back to him. "Well ever since I seen his face he's been pissing me off."

Jonghyun chuckled. "What is he doing to you?"

I sighed. "Nothing. Just looking at me like there's something ing humorous about me."

"Talking about me?"

I didn't even have to look over to know that Taemin was standing beside me. He squatted down, and rested his elbow on my arm rest. 

He began speaking in Korean about something, and I just kind of sat there listening to their conversation. If you actually just sat down and listened to Koreans having a convo, you'd actually notice how interesting it sounds. Especially when it's two guys.

"Haha ne! Ottoke?"

Taemin shrugged. "Morugessyo."

"Hm. Myosshiyeyo?"

"Uhh," Taemin pulled out his phone, and checked the time. "Yolsshiyeyo. Llgopsshibanieyo."

"Ah, ne."

Jonghyun looked back at me, and smiled, then looked back at Taemin. "She didn't understand a word we said."

"Yeah," Taemin looked at me. "She really needs to learn Korean."

"Yeah, you could teach her you know. Become her official Korean teacher. She will have to at least know basic Korean."

"Yeah, you're right."

"You're teaching me Korean?" I asked, slightly interested. 

Don't get me wrong. I learned Spanish when I was in highschool but see, I only know the basics of Spanish. I barely listened when they taught it. The only language I was interested in learning at that time was French, but I ended up giving up on that. Had too much to focus on at the time.

But learning Korean sounds like a whole different ball game. I think Korean is really cool, and whatnot. It sounds so.....easy to learn. Like, a lot easier than Spanish or French.

"I could, if you want me to," he replied back.

I nodded. "Sure. I don't mind. Sounds better than Spanish or French."

"Okay," He stood back up, and stretched. "Sounds like a date."

"It's not."

He walked back to his seat without replying back. I smirked to myself, and laid my head back. 

Guess I should get some more rest.

"You're not hungry?"

"I'll wait."

"If you say so."

 

**** So this chapter mainly focused on Kimberly's goodbyes and boarding the plane and whatnot. Not really all that interesting but it's getting there. But I think there's some chemistry going on somewhere. ;) But anyways~ Comment and show me that you're not a silent reader lol. I really would like to know what you guys think so far.