Hello kitty band aids aren't enough for jealous ex's

You Caught Me Like No Other
 
After repairing so to speak Kai's still gorgeous face with an assortment of pink and purple hello kitty band aids he had to run off to class before he was late. Which is a valid excuse but I think my little demon spawn had a play in his feeling. Oh well it's not like I need cute boys in my life. 
 
I didn't even get a chance to really apologize for letting his beautiful face get mauled by the tiny vicious claws of Satan in kitten form. Or even get half the balls to even try to ask him just what the was so complicated that he had to tell all of ing Facebook. 
 
Dating is complicated. 
Trying to date is complicated. 
Trying to date an overly attractive guy out of my league is far too complicated for my simple mind to ever comprehend.
This is probably why I'll end up a lonely cat man. 
Eh. I can deal. 
 
"Lu promise me you'll ask him." Sehun's voice snaps me back into the reality I did not want. Mostly because it's those rare moments when his voice isn't dropping sarcasm and he's being sincere. This is not the reality I want, the reality I want is the one where I'm not a up and can hold an actual conversation with humans. And Sehun is always sarcastic cause nothing hurts and I'm running towards the sunset with Kai. 
 
Ignore that last bit. 
 
"Promise me Lu." He repeats and shakes my arm slightly, I turn to him and he gives me a soft smile. I try to return it but I'm pretty sure it came out like some sort of strained grimace thing. 
 
I can't even smile properly without failing horribly, where did I go wrong with my life? 
 
I don't even want to go there.
 
"I'll feed him to James for dinner if he hurts you Lu, but don't make it so easy for him to." He gives me one last pat on the shoulder before running off to class and I'm just left there thinking, his words taking a ride in my head. 
 
Don't make it so easy for him to hurt me? 
How can I make it harder?
I'm teetering over the edge of falling because I'm a hopeless romantic that can't control his stupid feelings. 
And what the am I suppose to say? 
 
Hey so I saw your status? Care to tell me what the is so complicated cause this ain't calculus bro.
 
God why did he have to be so perfect
 
I hear a soft mewl at my feet, I bend down and scoop up my little Satan kitty in my arms and give him a small squeeze for comfort. 
 
"James you won't hurt me right?"
Mew
"You love me right? Or at least are fond of me not to try to bleed me dry?"
Mew mew
"I love you too baby~"
 
"So when's the wedding?" A sudden voice from behind me interrupts a very pathetic moment in my life as I proclaim my love to my kitty. I'm already the crazy lonely cat man. Great. I turn around and I'm met with the tall figure that is my good ole friend Kris. Who is judging me from up above his six foot something stature. 
 
"Luhan why do you have a cat?" He asks with that good ole face I grew up along side with. 
 
"Why don't you have a cat?" I ask while petting James whose hissing at Kris, this throws him off for like two seconds.
 
"Because I'm a man." He puffs his chest, and I snort obnoxiously loud. 
 
Seriously. 
 
"Tell that to your stuff animal collection collection." 
 
And his confidence deflates like an old balloon and he's all flushed with embarrassment and anger. Which makes me laugh my ing off while trying to stop James from jumping out of my arms and onto Kris's face. 
 
Such a violently lil baby tabby 
 
A while later we're at the campus ice cream shoppe and Kris is handing me a giant waffle cone with two scoops of strawberry ice cream. Which the giant with the fat wallet happily paid for. 
 
"So seriously what's up with the cat?" He asks as we walk over to a table. Lil James does his strut while he pads around the table trying to steal a or two of my ice cream and it just makes me giggle. 
 
"He's my new child, his name is James." I take a small kick of my ice cream, looking away innocently while  being given the evil eye from said friend. 
 
"You're not planning on keeping it in the dorms are you?" He asks while sipping his shake with a big glare. But he's not scary, he's more like a big teddy bear that needs some love and hugs. Which I won't provide him with, reasons why he so grumpy.
 
"Maybe."
 
"Luhan."
 
"Kris."
 
"I swear if I didn't- ...nevermind" he sighs, and his long fingers run through his hair so effortlessly I'm almost jealous for a second. Just for a second. Cause Kris is Kris, and he's a dork.
 
"If you didn't what?" I almost forgot that the way he was talking did get my interested.
 
"Just never mind, don't get caught." he looks to the side and sighs again before looking back at me just in time to catch my eating grin and he just can't help but chuckle.
 
"Like I would." He rolls his eyes oh so dramatically with a stupid grin.
 
"Cause your so smooth." Now I'm rolling my eyes equally stupid smile on my lips. 
 
"The smoothest~" I say while I miss my mouth with my ice cream and get like half my face. Which then proceeds to hearing that dumb giant laugh his head off. 
 
me so hard maybe I can forget how much of a screw up I am. 
 
"Here let me help, an idiot like you is bound to make it worse." He reaches over with a bunch of napkins and I let the peasant wipe my face. 
 
"I would not you big lug."
 
"Oh nice words."
 
"Shut that thing you call a face."
 
"You wish you had a face like this."
 
"If I had a face like yours I'd just invest in paper bags."
 
He then proceeds to pinching my sticky strawberry face. From the corner of my eye I catch a familiar glimpse of tousled dark chocolate hair speeding by to quick to make sure its who I think it is.
 
But it couldn't be him because he's class.
I'll swing by his room later to check on him, and replace a few band aids.
Maybe then I'll have enough balls to ask him
 
"Hey Kris...do you know anyone named Kai?" my voice comes out a bit timid because God just saying his name out loud makes me choke on butterflies. 
 
"Kai? Yeah he's good friends with ChanYeol, why?" he says and then asks, and I don't know how exactly to make my words not come out ty or stalker like. 
 
"Its just...I...um...we...well..." and I'm just sitting there with a melted ice cream blubbering like some idiot and Kris is staring at me like as if I'm one. 
 
"I hear he has a boyfriend." he then says and theres this awful pregnant silence in between while my heart sort of s itself and I kind of crush my ice cream cone.
 
Oh look at that I think I can't breathe.
 
"But I also hear that his boyfriend cheated on him. And they're going through some break up." he's eyeing me all weird but honestly I'm not even paying attention to me because for a what seemed like five minutes I could not ing breathe and everything just really hurt.
 
"Oh."
 
Is all I can manage when I finally catch my breath. Kris is wiping the mess I made along with my hand. James is mewing at me softly and I just need a moment to clear my head. I just can't believe someone I just ing meant a week ago, someone I only shared one date with, one amazing date. Could have me like this. I just can't. I'm scared. I am so scared.
 
But I want to see him.
And I kind of really want to kiss him
 
"Kris can you drop James off by my room? Please?" I look towards him with pleading eyes as I hand him my baby who is starring up at me betrayed.
 
I'm sorry baby. But daddy has to go do something.
 
He sighs and takes James in his arms. "Fine but you owe me, double." he says tucking in the small kitten in his jacket. 
 
"I know and you love me, I love you~ bye!" I yell while I'm running down to the underclassmen dorms because thats where Kai's dorm is and I just need to see his smile. Cause his smile, is one of those smiles that when you see you know everything is going to be okay. 
 
 
Okay it's two or something hours later and I finally find his dorm building. Yes it took me like almost three hours to find the mother ing ing building. I growl staring at the door, kicking it and probably scarring a freshman. But I could give less than three and a half s. Now to find the er's room. 
 
me, I'm so ed because I don't remember what his room number was.
 
So two hours later I'm dying. Like literally dying while I practically crawl to the door that has Kai's name on it along with his roommate's Kyungsoo. I stare at the door for a minute or two trying to gather myself up and not look like complete . And then I finally knock.
 
Knock Knock Mother ers, open the door.
 
Please ing open the-
 
"Hello?" and there my eyes met a boy, a boy with big dark eyes and messy almost bed hair. His pink plump lips are curved into this weird kind of condescending smirk as he eyes me. I blink a couple of times with my stupid mouth slacked open. And then after a long minute my mind and mouth decide its okay to go back to working.
 
"I-I'm looking for Kai...is he around?" I ask, while trying to not get psyched out by the look he's giving me. Can't tell if its eyes or what.
 
"No he's not in but I'll tell him you came by. Can I get a name so he knows who stopped by for a visit." he asks, and the way he says visit makes me feel all weird and prickly. It doesn't help that he's still eyeing me all weird like too. 
 
This guy is ing weird.
 
"Luhan, you can tell him Luhan stopped by." I say, pursing my lips into a thin line ready to just get the out, when I notice theres a strange twinkle in his eyes now and his lips curl into another smirk. Only this one is a lot more scarier.
 
"So you're Luhan, huh?" he leans against the door way and his smirk only grows.
 
"Huh? Yeah?" I stare at him dumbly cause like, what the hell?
 
"The Luhan that Kai couldn't shut the up about" he spits with venom that I dodge because holy ing did just say what I think he just say.
 
Wait he talked to his roommate about me?
He couldn't shut the up about me?
Holy .
Holy mother ing balls.
I think might squeal like a fan girl.
Pull it together. 
 
"Wait he what-"
 
"Well Luhan~ let me just tell you something Luhan~." he interrupts me, and the way he drawls my name out as if mocking me makes me stop my little fanboy moment because I think this is about to start talking . 
 
And you know what they say.
Talk , get hit. .
 
"I'm Kai's boyfriend."
 
"What?"
 
"You heard me, I'm his long time boyfriend. We've been dating for two years, and we're just going through a rough patch right now but we'll get through it." he says while he sizing me up like condescending .
 
"What?" I repeat again and he rolls eyes at me.
 
Seriously its all I can say is what?
Because what the is this guy even talking about?
 
"You might think you have a chance, but sweetie you're just some temporary fling to keep his mind off me. But in the end he'll be mine again. Because I'm his forever, me." his lips pop softly as he says me, and he stares at me as if he's ready to watch me tear up and run away like some from a drama. And before I can even say a word to this I'm cut the off;
 
"Kyungsoo what the kind of are you spouting?" and its just like in a drama, the so called hero is now here to do whatever it is heroes do. But he has a box and a very tall friend with him.
 
"Kai." we both say, and then turn to each other he gives me an icy glare and I return it with a blank stupid look because I swear everything is ing spinning and I'm seeing dots in the air.
 
"Kyungsoo I said we were over, and we will always be over because of you." Kai spits out, his voice isn't angry more just tired but then he looks towards me and I let myself think that I'm the reason his eyes soften at the moment.
 
"Baby don't say that, I know you just need time to cool off." he's reaching for Kai as he coos but Kai pulls back with this sort of disgusted face.
 
I think I accidentally stepped into a drama.
I don't remember signing up for this .
 
"Kyungsoo you ed another guy! There is no us anymore okay? I'm moving out." he says while holding the box up, and the other tall one seems to be holding one too. Kyungsoo looks like he's been slapped in the face.
 
Which isn't fair cause I didn't even get a chance to do it.
Oh well my time will come.
And right now I think it's my time to go.
 
"Well I think this is when I should go. It was great and all actually really ing horrible but I'll see you around Kai." I wave at everyone and give Kai one last strained smile before turning around and walking away. 
 
Everything is getting kind of blurry and theres more spots but I just keep on walking, and I think about just calling Sehun cause I'm not sure if I can make it back to our dorm all in one piece. I push the door open and step outside letting out a long breath that I didn't even know I was holding in. 
 
Just when I thought things were okay, I'm not sure what to think anymore.
Because he's obviously broken up, he's moving out.
But, he must've of loved Kyungsoo. 
And I don't want to be just some temporary fling.
God I just wish-
 
"Luhan!" I hear someone call out to me, I already stumbling down the grass, when i feel someone grab my arm and spin me around. But because I'm so ing disoriented I somehow fall back and take whoever this is down with me.
 
One short minute of darkness, three or so blinks later I'm starring up at Kai's beautiful face highlighted by the rays of the sunset. He's starring down at me with wide worried eyes, and from here I can see the small scratches on his face fading away. 
 
I guess they weren't that bad.
And I guess I should eat more that just half an ice cream cone for an entire day. 
Oops.
 
"Are you alright?" he asks, and I'm at a total lost for words because I'm drowning in his chocolate brown eyes. His fingers gently touch my cheek and I just can feel the soft pads of his finger tips against my skin, as if he was inking my skin, marking it with his touch. 
 
Because no one's touch ever felt so surreal than like his.
 
"i-I'm....not okay." I manage to mumble while my eyes finally break our long contact and I'm looking towards the side. I barely catch his small frown on his pouty pink lips from the corner of my eye. 
 
"Why aren't you okay? Is it because of what Kyungsoo said?" he asks, and his voice is all soft and sweet while his fingers are still caressing my cheek and I'm just melting under him. 
 
"Kinda...and I haven't eaten anything but ice cream all day so my blood sugar is probably insanely low right now." I mumble still looking away and then I feel his hand hold my chin and turn me towards him. My eyes widen and he just chuckles softly. My heart is pounding against his and mine chest so hard and loud I can barely hear myself think. But his chuckle runs through me like a cool October breeze. 
 
"You look like a deer caught in head lights." his fingers run through my hair, his smile the smile I ran around for five hours is now here telling me everything is okay.
 
"Not the first time I heard that." I mumble and he chuckles again, and I can smile back up at him.
 
Everything will be okay, right?
 
"I bet. But Luhan, don't believe a word Kyungsoo says, we're never getting back together. He cheated on me not only one guy but from what I hear at least three. Honestly I should have noticed it sooner, with the way he was acting. But we're over and he's my past." he says in this soft sort of whisper, and for a moment it feels like it just us and this sun set in the world.
 
"And I'm hoping you'll be my future."
 
The sun has already set, and the dark blue sky along with its sparkly stars and shinning moon are the only ones with us as he leans in ever so slowly and his lips gently press against mine.
 
I swear to , I see more stars behind my eye lids as we kiss than up their in that starry lit night sky.
 
But then the stars start to fade, and theres only darkness. 
 
Oh .
 
 
Sometime later I finally open my eyes,like a minute or two just to see Kai usually soft creamy eyes bulging out of their sockets. And then when he sees that I'm awake he smiles all wide and toothy and that reminds me that theres a reason I woke up. 
 
"Lu! You're okay!" he then crushes me in a tight hug. Though I love hugs, especially from Kai this kind of hurts.
 
"Not for long if you continue to crush me." I whimper and he lets go and cups my face.
 
"You need to eat right?" he asks, I guess he remembers that I only ate ice cream like six hours ago and that's all I had this whole day. 
 
I nod, and he then scoops me up in his arms like I'm ing James or something. I scramble in his arms all panic like and he simply chuckles, that chuckle that runs through me so nicely. I look up at him with slightly hazy eyes from being unconscious and what not and he just smiles.
 
"Let me take you out to eat"
 
Ch.3 End
 
 
 
Hey guys~
I know its been awhile I've just been all over the place. 
I don't even have a laptop right now. But I just really wanted to update. 
I hope you liked this one. It was a little dramatic but there was so funny and fluff right?
I don't want this fic to be too dramatic, its more about the fluff here.
Funny how the pic is the opposite of what happened in the chapter lol xD 
But yeah....I'm like addicted to the show Orange is the new black
and now I'm a fan of Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit
I wish I knew more about harry potter so I can write and AU with Exo and other groups. I just love stories likes that. 
Thank you all for subscribing and commenting and upvoting~!!!! I love you all <333
Please comment, subscribe and upvote~! It means a lot
Sorry for mistakes and...stuff idk I'm sleepy
Until the next one~
PEACE OUT HOMES