Chapter Four

The Mask of The Full Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Different - WINNER

Jongin sighed, shivering slightly from the cold wind. Although he had to go into the office, he was a bit reluctant to do so. Most of his co-workers, if not all, seemed to suspect him of being the killer. Jongin scoffed at the thought it. It was ridiculous. The pictures of the multiple crime scenes obviously showed a paw print with long claws. How could it be him?

As wrong as it seemed, he was a bit relieved that Chief Inspector Lee had died. Sure, he was sorry and shuddered at the thought of his death, but the chief inspector had bullied Jongin too much for his liking. Now he had no one that would announce his flaws and push him down.
Jongin shoved his hands into his pockets and began walking towards the office. His thoughts suddenly wandered to Ae Sook. She was a strange character; someone Jongin couldn't quite figure out. Sometimes she would be rather nice and pleasant to talk to, but at other times she was rude and introverted. It only made Jongin wonder about her even more.

Jongin thought about yesterday. Ae Sook had welcomed him into her home but suddenly brought up that they were simply co-workers and had no other relationship. He frowned at this idea. Why did it seem like he wanted something more? Why couldn't they just be friends and it seemed like they were bound to be something more?
----
Ae Sook ditched work that day, calling in sick. She had no particular plans but she didn't feel like sitting around, waiting for customers that would never show up.

She purchased her ticket and got onto her specified train. Soon enough, the train slowly drove out of the station and started its journey. Ae Sook sighed to herself, watching the scenery out the window. There weren't many people on the road, which was expected since this was a poor part of Seoul.
The snow seemed to be falling down harder than it was before. I hope I get there soon, Ae Sook thought. She wanted to do something productive before the day was over and she would have to come back to her boring lifestyle again.

Ae Sook's eyes grew tired as time passed. It's been an hour since the train had left Seoul, which meant that there were only two more hours before Ae Sook arrived at her destination. Somewhere along the way, Ae Sook finally fell asleep, her head bobbing up and down. It knocked against the glass window but she didn't stir.

Finally, the KTX gradually skidded to a stop. Ae Sook woke up and grabbed her stuff, exiting the train. Fresh air hit her face and she closed her eyes, enjoying the new atmosphere. It was way different than in Seoul. It didn't reek of cigarettes and alcohol and smelled fresh like how a snowy winter should be like.

Ae Sook hauled her book bag onto her shoulder before starting to walk around her hometown. Ae Sook's eyes wandered around the filled streets of Busan and her hard eyes softened the slightest bit. I miss it here, she thought.

Ae Sook stuck out her hand, catching bits of snow onto her palm. The snowflakes melted immediately and she smiled faintly.

The loud crunch of the snow behind her snapped her out of her thoughts. She looked back, surprised, but her face soon turned sour.

Without bothering to say anything, Ae Sook attempted to walk away. "Hey, wait!" Jongin called.

Ae Sook walked faster but Jongin was just as stubborn. He grabbed her arm and said, "Hey--"

Quicker than he could blink she yanked her arm out of his grasped and looked at him with her cat like eyes. "Don't touch me. I don't know who you think you are but we're not that close to be saying hi on the streets."

Jongin's face creased with confusion but irritation. "Why are you so rude sometimes?"

"I know nothing about you. Why should I be open?"

"I don't know anything you either, but I'm making an effort to be a friend." Jongin contorted.

Ae Sook said nothing to that. Instead, she asked, "What are you doing here?"

"What, I can't be in Busan? You probably don't have a reason to be here either."

Ae Sook frowned, crossing her arms over her chest. "Actually, I have every reason to be here. I was born here after all."

Jongin faltered and Ae Sook took that chance to walk away from him.

"Wait up!" He called after her.

She mentally groaned but otherwise said nothing. Glancing at her watch, she looked at the taller male. "You aren't gonna follow me all day, are you?"

Shrugging casually, he spoke, "I might as well since I don't know anything about Busan."

"I have somewhere to go."

"I'll go with you."

Ae Sook bit her lip in frustration. "You don't know a thing about privacy, huh?"

Jongin ignored her question. He pushed her forward and tilted his head, signaling for her to start walking. Ae Sook gave up and let him follow her, as if she had a choice.

Moments later, Ae Sook finally reached her destination. Jongin looked around the place, slightly guessing where they could have been.

Ae Sook kneeled down in front of her father's tomb, Jongin doing the same. She came to see her father all of a sudden? Jongin thought.

Ae Sook cleared , completing ignoring Jongin's presence. "Dad... It's been awhile."

Jongin peered at he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter