Chapter 3

Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seohyun fastened her steps when she walk at the coridor. Minhyuk has text her and said Yonghwa finally awake.. She take a deep breath before she opened his room. There he is, laying on his bed in sitting position.. CNBlue members sitting at the sofa still with their uniform and an unfamiliar middle age woman and man standing beside his bed.

She can’t expressed what she felt. She just stood infront of the door and staring at him. He did same, smiling so bright and staring at her. Without she knowing, tears run down to her cheek then all she did is run towards him and hug him immediately.. No time to greet her surrounding.

“Ouch!” He groan when she throw herself to his embrace.

“Sorry..” She whispered.

“I think we should go now, yeobo..” The man spoke up..

“Nanny, I will introduce her properly when I get better..” Yonghwa said..

Seohyun pull herself from the hug and bow to the couple infront of her..

“Arraseo.. Hope you get well soon, Son.” His nanny his hair and smile to Seohyun..

“Oh.. I think I know you..” The old man stated while looking at Seohyun..

She frown.

“You are-“

“Yes she is..” Yonghwa cut him..

Seeing Yonghwa’s expression.. The man chuckled and nod.. “Fine, fine.. We will go now. Let’s go yeobo..” The man hold the nanny’s hands and leave.

“What does that mean?” Seohyun ask..

Yonghwa just shook his head and grab one of her hand.. Intertwined his fingers with hers..

“Ah.. I suddenly in mood for pasta. Let’s go!!” Jonghyun stand up from his seat..

Jungshin and Minhyuk try to hide their giggling..

“What a lame excuse!” Minhyuk elbow him and Jonghyun pout.

“Alright.. We will left you two alone. Have fun~” Jungshin said in teasing tone. The three of them then leave the room.

“Angel..” Yonghwa call as the door being closed.

“Hmmm?”

“Hug me again.. I like it.” He giggled..

Instead of hugging him.. She sit at his bed and staring at his face. He have bandage in his head and there’s still some bruises visible on his face.. “Does it still hurt?” She ask while touching his face

He smile, enjoying the feeling of her fingers on his face.. “My back still feel sore.. My muscles feel numb.”

“I’m sorry.. It’s all because of me..” She look down.. Trying hard to hold her tears

“Angel, don’t blame yourself.. It’s okay..”

She shook her head as she finally broke into tears.. “No.. It’s all because of me. I’m sorry.. For everything I did to you. I’m so stupid.. I easily following that Kyuhyun guy.. If I didn’t followed him, you wouldn’t be like this. You... You a-almost died.. And it’s all because of me. You shouldn’t forgive me.. Blame me all you want. I’m such an arrogant girl.. I should treat you better.. I shou-“

He cut her by stealing a peck on her cheek.. He kiss her tears away to make her stop talking..

She widened her eyes and looking at him in awe. This is the first time..

He smile and wiped her tears with his thumb.. “Listen.... Even if you didn’t followed him, he will still forced you. I’m the one who should apologize... Because I like you, you’re dragged into the danger. I didn’t know he will go this far... I should learned from the past experienced but I ignored it. I still ignored the fact that he become  someone different, a heartless guy. I deserve this... I make you suffered alot..”

Her tears fell uncontrollably.. “No... Don’t say that. You will make me feel bad even more. Don’t say nice things.. Just scold me.. It’s better.. Don’t forgive me.”

“Hey.. Don’t cry..” He cupped her face.. “It’s already passed.. I’m okay now..”

He her hair and pull her into his arms.. Patting her back lightly to calm her. Her cry getting worse in his embrace. For this two days waiting for him to wake up.. All she did was blamed herself.. How can he easily forgive her when she can’t even forgive herself. He didn’t say anything.. All he did just continue to soothe her. She is the one who should take care of him.. He’s still a patient and yet all she did just crying and crying. She doesn’t know whats get into her to crying so loud like this. She feel relieved.. Happy that he’s awake and fine.

After about ten minutes crying in his arms.. She can feel Yonghwa began to loosen his body, his muscles still in pain and she just resting on him, he must feel sore and uncomfortable.. She wipe her tears desperately and pull herself from his embrace..

“Sorry..”

He giggled.. “If my body didn’t sore.. I’m willing to have you in my arms forever.” He try to flirt.

She glare at him.. He still flirting in this kind of situation.

“Did you eat already?” She ask..

He nod.. “Nanny feed me earlier..”

“Oh..”

“Don’t misundestand. Well, you might find it weird that I still have nanny in this age... She’s not just a nanny.. She’s.. She’s my one and only family.. Here.” He said carefuly

She already heard about his family matters from his friends.. “I know..”

“Angel..” He called with aegyo..

“What?”

“I’m sleepy.. And my back hurt..”

“Then sleep. You need rest..”

“You will stay here, right?”

“Huh?”

“Don’t leave me. Even when I sleep... Just stay here. I don’t want to be alone..”

She didn’t say yes though.. But, she already set up her mind to take care of him.. So, if he want her to stay, then she will stay..

He lay down his body to the bed with her help.. Since he got the wound on his back, he can’t move his back properly. She try hard to make him laying in comfortable position..

“Sit here..” He pointed at the chair beside his bed..

She obeyed him and sit..

He take her hand and intertwined their fingers.. “Can I hold your hand while I sleep?”

“You already did..”

“I’m going to sleep, angel..”

“Sleep well..”

“Don’t worry.. I will wake up again later..” He tease..

She snort.. “You better.”

“Sing me a song..”

“Yah..”

“Wae~ I want to hear you sing..”

“I can’t sing..”

He pout like a child.

She just shook her head, she didn’t expected he have this side on him. Childish.

“Please..” He begged..

“I don’t know any good songs.”

“Just sing anything that crossed your mind..”

She rolled her eyes.. Thinking about the recent song she heard.. She’s not a modern music fans. She prefer classic music than pop.. And she didn’t think singing classical song will fit his liking.. He have rock band, he might hate it if she sing some classic songs..

Seeing how she’s thinking hard, he whinned.. “Oh, come on.. angel. I don’t care about the song.. I just want to hear your voice..”

If so.. then.. “Do you want to build a snowman?” She sing halfheartedly and awkwardly..

He stare at her confuse.. “Thats it?”

“I just know that..”

He sigh, thats not singing.. No melody and her voice sound flat.. “Okay.. I know. Seo Joohyun will always be this difficult.. I know it. Okay.. I’m sleep now.” He then close his eyes.. hand still holding her

“Are you mad?”

“No.. It’s expected from you..” He said without opened his eyes.. “For the exchange.. Let me sing for you when I get better. I have this one song I wrote for you. You... must hear it. Period! No rejection, and no running away..”

She didn’t answer. Truthfuly, it’s still feel awkward to listening to him. She used to rejected him.. Running away.. and avoided him.. If she easily saying yes, it will feel weird.

***********
 

The days passed and he got better quite fast. There’s no day without her accompanied him in hospital. After she got back from school, she will immediately visit him.. Feeding him his foods.. Helping him with his medicine.. Or just waiting for him in his sleep, letting him holding her hand and then fell asleep beside his bed as well. His wound slowly healed and he didn’t have any hard time anymore to move his body.. He even can stand up by himself even though sometimes the pain would suddenly come, or he would suddenly felt dizzy.

“Finish..” He said while munching his food..

“One more spoon.” She insist while offered the spoon infront of his mouth. His bowl still full yet he keep rejecting to eat..

“I’m full.. I already ate..”

“What did you eat? An unhealthy fast foods that bad for your body?!” She glare at him.. “Sometimes I didn’t understand your friends, did they want you to recover or not. They kept brought unhealty things and let you eat it!!” She nagged.

Well, he ate two hamburgers before she came. Jungshin bought it for him.

“I just craved for one. Hospital’s food !!”

She sigh.. “Just eat for few spoons more.. You need to eat your medicine after this. Here.. Ah..” She forced him to opened his mouth

“Kiss me first..” He smirk.. Having her by his side everyday, he didn’t forget to flirting and try to get her attention everytime he have chance.

“Yah!” She glare and he did same..

They have an eye contact battle for some seconds.. She still the stubborn Seo Joohyun, she will never say yes to that kind of request.

He broke the staring contest and nod.. “Arraseo. Mian.. I better go sleep.” He said with dissapointed tone. Everyday, he always got rejected.

“You need to eat your medicine!”

“Shiro!”

“Yah.. Eat this or I will leave.”

He rolled his eyes.. He didn’t want she leave him but he really doesn’t have mood to eat. Porridge and medicine, he’s tired of it. He already full.. “Whatever. I will still get better without medicine.” He then covered himself with the blanket.

“Fine..” She sigh in annoyance and opened his blanket. She move closer and kiss his cheek.. “Now, get up and finish this!!”

It makes him shut and stare at her in surprise. He didn’t expected that she will really kiss him..

“Get up now!”

With the shy move.. He back to his sitting position. He didn’t used to see her like this.. Maybe, if he try harder then he will get what he want..

“I didn’t ask here..” He touch his cheek that just kissed by her.. Then he move his forefinger to his lips.. “But h-here..” He said slowly..

She narrowed her eyes.. Glaring as hard as she could to make him understand that she wouldn’t let him.

Seeing how she just standing with slightly annoyed face, he quickly grab her hand and make her sitting in his bed.. He grab the bowl from her hold and place it on the table beside him.. He then move closer and touch her lips with his finger.. “Kiss me on the lips. Or I will kiss you instead..” He said with serious tone.

She gulped. She can feel his breath on her face.. She usually never feel this nervous infront of him. His gaze seems different. She can see how he slowly moving forward.. His hand move to her nape and ready to bring her face closer..

One..
 

Two..
 

Three..
 

Just an inch apart.. Just one second more and their lips will touch.. One second more and she still not doing anything. She just have to push him and running away but all she did just blinking like crazy and avoid his gaze. She began to hold her breath..

She didn’t like she will reject him this time. His heart pound so hard. Finally!!! He scream inside.. He feel so excited to have his very first kiss with his angel.. Okay, let’s get it! He then move forward.........

“Hyung!!”

The door suddenly opened. The two of them caught by surpise and frozen at their spot. His lips already slightly touch hers but then he quickly let it go because of the sudden shock. He feel annoyed and hurt inside, it’s like he got injured once again. Those kids!!!

“Ups.. W-wrong timing. Guys..” Kris stood awkwardly at the door.

Yonghwa close his eyes and sigh in annoyance before he shoots a fierce glare to his hoobae. Not just Kris, Baekhyun and Luhan who coincidentely stand behind Kris can feel the fire coming from their Sunbae’s eyes.

Seohyun quickly stand up and smile awkawrdly.. “Ah... What a... Perfect.. Timing. Haha..” She then clap to herself. Feeling grateful to her bestfriend.

Yonghwa shoot the sharp glare to her as well and feel furious as hell. Fine.. He will get it anytime soon. Just you wait, Seo Joohyun!!

“C-can we.. Come in?” Kris ask carefuly, he clearly aware of the situation and he know how’s Yonghwa’s feel right now. He know very well how this sunbae crazy over heels for his bestfriend. So, he must be furious like hell because he just distracted their moment.

Seohyun nod.. “Come in.”

Kris bring some basketball team members with him as well.. About 7 peoples. When they enter the room one by one, Yonghwa didn’t left any single person to enter without shoots his infamous sharp glare to them. He rest his head on the pillow and his expression clearly didn’t welcome this bunch of sudden visitors.

“We’re really coming on the bad time. Sunbae’s face seems ready to kill us one by one..” Suho whispered to Kai and the latter nod in agreement.

“Where’s the others?” Seohyun ask..

“They have something to do.. They just sent you their greeting. Hyung..”

“Oh.. Thanks.”

“We brought fruits for you..”

“Thanks. But I’m full. I will just sleep.”

The EXO members exchange glance. They feel like going home right away. Their Sunbae surely mad at them..

“Yah.. How can you say it with that kind of tone?!” She whispered to him

“Wae? I always talked to them with that tone. Yah, kids.. Did I ever talk sweetly to you?”

All of them shook their heads..

“From what I know, Yonghwa hyung just talked sweetly to you.” Kris pointed at Seohyun... “He treated us, just so-so.”

Yonghwa nod.. “You know me so well..”

Seohyun sigh.. “Whatever. You guys just sit comfortably.. I will prepared his medicine first.”

“De..”

**************
 

Yonghwa wake up from his sleep in the middle of the night. This is his last night in this hospital, he will discharge tomorrow, his condition fully good now, and he already allowed to go back to school. He recovered quite fast this time, maybe because her angel is the one who take care of him everyday.. It gave him alot of strength..

He move his eyes to the sleeping figure at the sofa.. His angel accompanying him on his last night here.. Perfect view of the sleeping angel. It’s actually Minhyuk’s turn to accompany him.. But, Minhyuk have a date with Krystal sshi. So, as her besfriend.. Seohyun fully support Krystal with Minhyuk and she agree to stayed here tonight to replace Minhyuk since her parents still in overseas and she’s free to oversleep, with condition that she will just sleep at the couch..

He chuckled to himself.. It’s been two weeks since that touching lips incident. He kept trying his hard to get what he want yet she kept avoided it. Typical Seo Joohyun. Ever since that day, she always pretend to be busy when he try to have some serious moment with her. What a cutie...

He get up from his bed. Bringing his IV pole and walk towards her. He kneeled infront of her before he fix her messy blanket who didn’t covered her feet. He staring at her angelic face as he her hair. How he love this girl.. His angel.. His life..
His fingers slowly down to her face.. Trailing her features one by one, moving closer to her and give her the quick peck at her forehead. Whispering ‘I love you’ in one breath.

Seohyun slowly opened her eyes as she feel the sudden warmness. Even her vision still blur, she know who’s the one infront of her.. She jumped in surprise.. “W-what are you doing?!”

He chuckled.. “Just staring at my angel’s sleeping face..”

“Liar! You did something”

“I kiss you..”

“W-what?”

“On the forehead.”

She frown..

“You didn’t trust me? I never kiss your lips without asking first!”

“You sounds like you ever kissed me before. Listen, Sunbaenim.. you NEVER kiss me! Fix your words..”

“I kissed you before.. In my dream. And I will get it, someday.. Just wait!.”

She get her head up from the pillow and face him, her sleepiness dissapeared rigth away.. “Ah.. So, you said you love me just because you want to get a kiss from me? You seems obsessed about it.”

He sigh.. “Well, I love you.. With all my heart, angel. You don’t know for how long I’ve been loving you. Trust me for that.” He said with serious tone.. “But, yes.. recently I become more obsessed to get your lips. I think it’s because I’ve grown up day by day become an adult... And you’re getting more and more atrractive these days..” He add..

She gulped.. This guys surely really good with words. He sounds like a ert but thats the fact.. A man in his age, often to be more hormonal. She shook her head.. What is she thinking about!!

He stand up and try to sit comfortaby beside her. she help to place his IV pole in comfortable position for him..

“Angel, I want to introduce you to my nanny.. She kept asking me to do it.”

“Yah.. I’m not your girlfriend. Why would you introduce me to her.”

“Who cares.. You will be my girlfriend someday. It’s okay if I introduce you earlier..” He said lightly

She slightly opened , seeing how easy he said that words.. Sometimes she wonders.. Where he get all this confident in him. He always confident by himself, saying he will surely get her and make her his girlfriend. She rejected him many times yet he will always going back to her. Well, it’s not wrong to have this strong confidence.

“My nanny really want to meet you.”

“Why?” She said softly

“She want to thanks you..”

“For what?”

“For being my angel.”

She blink... Angel? Cheonsa.. That weird nickname he always used to call her. It is just a random nickname.. Or..

“Yonghwa..”

He chuckled.. “I realized you never called me oppa anymore..” He mumble to himself

She heard it and it makes her more confuse.. She never called him oppa before..

“I have questions..”

He lean on the couch and take her hand to be hold.. It’s his new habit since he got hospitalized to always hold her hand and playing with her fingers. “What?”

“You said you like me-“

“I love you.” He cut her..

“Well, you said you love me. But, you know... We never met before that day you confessed. Did you by any chance... Seeing me somewhere? I don’t get it... How can you love me when I don’t even know you... Where you saw me? Whats you see in me?”

He look down and keep playing with her fingers... “I don’t want to bring it up..”

“Wae?”

“You might hate me..”

“I wouldn’t. I promise. Don’t you think I have the right to know? I feel I’m being the fool here, everyone around you look at me as they know something..”

“Kiss me first..” He try to avoid her..

But, what she did after that really shut him up.. She really kiss him. It’s on the cheek though.. But, it’s still can make him stop breathing. He look at her with wide eyes.. He used to heard her rejections, her bitter words.. and He used to forced her.. It feel strange to see this obedient side of her..

“Tell me everything..”

“Seohyun..” He said with heavy tone..

“Wae?” She answered with soft tone..

“I love you..”

She smile.. “I know.”

He doesn’t know why but he feel his heart going to explode seeing her smile. She used to said ‘I hate you’ to him.. He didn’t want to assume things but he know that she’s trying to treat him better after this incident. Did he really have to opened the past? He didn’t want to see her scared face and more likely he didn’t want her to hate him.

“It’s a long story, angel..” He said..

“I have the whole day to listening to you..”

He didn’t have any choice. Tomorrow he will discharge, he don’t know whether he will have this chance to talked privately to her like this. This is the only chance to tell her everything. If she hate him, then..... No, he can’t make her hate him. He can endured all her bitter words but he can’t live if she sincerely hate him.

“I promise I wouldn’t hate you.” She said like she know whats on his mind..

He look deep at her eyes... “Promise?”

She nod and pat his shoulder.

He sigh... “Well, me and Kyuhyun used to be friends before.. And there’s this one girl named Taeyeon.” He started..

“I heard about her. Your brothers told me the half story..”

He look at her.. “What did they said?”

“They just explained your relationship with that Kyuhyun guy. I heard your conversation with him... He said you are the killer. So, to make sure about it, I asked your friends..”

He nod... “So, what do you want to know?”

“When you saw me for the first time?”

The silence in the room makes his breath sound visible.. It’s midnight and they sit at the sofa only accompanied by the dim light.. She know he still keep fighting to himself whether to tell her or not even though she already ensured him. It makes her frown, and it makes her even more curious... He did hide something.

“I have to know Yonghwa yah.. If you really love me, you shouldn’t hide anything from me..”

He let out a small laugh and then nod.. “Well, I saw you few years ago.. When you still in middle school.”

“Where?”

He look down.. “Actually I didn’t really saw you, since my vision blurred.. That day.. Not long after Taeyeon died.”

She frown but decide to just let him talk..

“I’ve got Taeyeon’s last letter that day.. There’s this words in her letter ‘I hate him, I hate him to death. Please Yonghwa yah.. At least trust me for this. He’s dangerous’. She told me all the bad behaviours Kyuhyun ever did to her. I don’t know much about their love story.. I suspected Kyuhyun had crush on her but I think it’s just an ordinary crush.. A puppy love. We’re still young at that time..”

He take a deep breath before continue.. “I didn’t blamed him if he thought of me as Taeyeon’s killer. She really died because she’s going to met me. I know I don’t have the right to be mad at him.. But, I can’t control it.. I dissapointed in him. I asked to met him to talked.. Only the two of us, me without my brothers and he without his friends. We met at that abadoned warehouse he used to tied you.. I planned to just have some normal talked to cleared everything.. But, since he blamed me for Taeyeon’s died, he threw some dirty words to me, he even said bad things about my nanny and my brothers.. I’m furious and I cursed him back. He then challenge me to have duel with him, which I’m gladly accepted. So, the next thing that happened was.. We punched each other, break each other’s bone.. Well, that was the worst fight in my life.. I didn’t even care when he vomit blood.. I really want to kill him at that time..”

He look at her.. She still seriously listening to him..

“The unexpected thing was.. He suddenly stabbed me with his knife.. He hide it all along in his pocket.”

She gasp... “H-he stabbed you?”

He nod.. “This is not my first time gotten stabbed by knife. It’s a miracle that I’m still alive for today. That day, he stabbed me on my stomach-“

He stop talking when he feel her hand trembling. He her hair before he hold her h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter