What!?!?

No One Knows

Soooooooooo...I'm really really sorry for not uploading the next chapter for like ages. I know what it's like to start reading a fanfic that seems really intreresting (not that this one is) and the author doesn't put out a chapter for months, even days, so I do apologise. However, I have been busy a fair bit lately with school work and all (like you do) and aso I had no idea how to write what I had in my little brain, but FINALLY!!! Here is the second chapter of No One Knows and I hope you like it. Even subscribe or leave a comment if it's good (or not so good) to help me out :) Kay! Also there is a little swearing (like one word) if you're worried about that sorta stuff. ENJOYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

 

 

Lay's POV

As I slowly made my way towards the car (in which Kris was probably now getting impatient having to wait for me), Xiumin's words kept replaying over and over again in my head. Was he being completely serious when he said that he wanted to give the case to another investigator? Or even that he was giving us a small vacation to allow time for Kris and I to make a decision about continuing to investigate a case we've been on for over three years? I frowned as I thought about what Kris would say to all of this.

A deep husky voice frightened me out of my previous state and I quickly looked up only to be met with a metal pole, frosted by the cold wind, as well as being hit with a sharp pain. As I fell to the hard concrete ground, I heard the person who startled me chuckle with pure amusement. Still in a daze, I heard his feet shuffle through the newly formed snow covering the path. He helped me up and turning around I saw a slight smile still on his usually cold-looking face, which disappeared as soon as he was able to study mine. I glared at him, about to ask if there was something on my face when I felt something warm was crawling down the skin beneath my nose. I brought my fingers up to my nostrils and removed them from my skin to realise that my nose way actually bleeding.

"Oh ," I heard Kris swear under his breath and he swiftly dragged me towards the car.

Kris's POV

I was still laughing a little as I helped Lay stand up, but the amusement quickly escaped my face when I noticed a red liquid flow from my partner's nose.

"Oh ..." I swore under my breath as I watched him realise that his nose was bleeding from the sudden contact with a metal lamp post and quickly led him to the car. I motioned for him to get in the passenger seat while I got in the driver's seat and put the key in the hole to turn the large vehicle on. As the engine roared with life, I switched on the car lights due to the darkness and began the drive towards home. As we came to a set of traffic lights, I saw from the corner of my eye that Lay was rummaging through the glove box as if looking for something while holding his nostrils shut with his right hand.

"There's tissues under the seat," I informed him the location of his blessed tissues.

"Why are they under there?" He replied in a high, whiny voice. I laughed a little at the change in his voice due to him still holding his nose tightly.

"I couldn't be bothered to get them when they fell underneath the seat," Truthfully answering my partner's question as I continued to drive towards our apartment.

 

As soon as we reached our apartment building, Lay's nose had stopped bleeding and there was a large build up of bloody tissues in the front seat of the car. After turning of the engine, I hopped out of the vehicle and waited for my partner to get out before locking the doors. Once I heard the sound of the car being locked, I shoved my hands in the pockets of my oversized jacket while following Lay through the apartment building's entrance towards the elevators. As the boring elevator music continuously sounded throughout the tight space, I noticed Lay was unusually quiet. He normally at least tried to make the short ride to the building's 9th level a little less awkward by talking about what we could have for dinner or what we'll do tomorrow however, there was nothing but uncomfortable silence. I swear I could even hear my watch ticking by the second. This seemed like it lasted for ever until finally we reached the 9th floor, and it wasn't until I hurried through the elevator's doorway that I realised I was holding my breath.

"Are you okay?!?!" Lay said, worrying as if I was having a heart attack since my face was probably red as a tomato from the lack of oxygen.

"Yeah, I'm alright. Nothing to worry about even though I appreciate the concern," I then remembered why I was like that in the first place, "Although...I was wondering why you're acting so...so anxious?" I noticed something was up as soon as I witnessed his facial features immediately fall.

"Ummmm...L-let's talk about it in the apartment...o-okay?" My friend stuttered.

"Sure..." I was worried about what he was thinking, I mean, did he not want to be my companion anymore? Sure I'm lazy and demanding as hell, but I thought he understood since he's been my partner against crime for three years already without complaining, and that's a record for me!!!

"Don't worry, I don't want to stop being your partner, nor do I want to move out...I'll clear everything up as soon as we get inside," He said softly. Gosh, it was like he could read my mind! But...I wouldn't be surprised if he actually could, he is a really smart person; one of the reasons why we were so quick to round up criminals. Lay got out his copy of the keys to our apartment and walked in whilst holding the door open for me.

"Thanks"

"No problem," He replied and told me to join him on the ugly yellow couch as we passed through the hallway into the large living room. After we were seated next to each other on the hideous monstrosity, he began explaining why he was so anxious. "Xiumin wanted to speak to me about the SKINNER case and told me a few things that you probably won't like..." That's why he was so late getting to the car. I nodded.

"Go on" I tell him to continue.

"Well...h-he sort of said that because you and I have been spending so much time every day investigating the case and t-that because you apparently don't s-seem to e-enjoy yourself as much these days..." While I silently listened to him explain, I could understand where he was going with this and my happy mood was decreasing quickly in which he could most likely tell as he rushed the following dreaded sentence so fast that I almost couldn't understand it. But to my dismay, I knew clearly what he was saying. "Xiuminsaidthatweshouldgivethecasetosomeoneelseandhaveabreakforawhile!!!"

There was a silence for a couple of minutes before I began, "What?" I said quietly. I looked up and saw that he was a little afraid of my quiet question. He opened his mouth as if to say something but quickly shut it. I clenched my fists as I could feel my anger rising, and it seemed as though Lay could sense my anger as he turned away. I wasn't angry, no...I was completely pissed off, and not to mention, just millimetres away from entirely blowing my fuse.

 

 

Hope you enjoyed that after the long wait. I know it's boring but hopefully I'll be able to start updating more regularly, maybe even once a week (probs on weekends). If you like it, leave a comment and even subscribe! Aaaaannndd, if you don't like it...still leave a comment to help me improve my writing and maybe I can even use some of your suggestions for this story, but pleeaaaasssseeeee no mean comments :) Also, I read a lot of fanfics that have these memes and stuffs like that at the end of each chapter.....sooooo here are some things to brighten up YOUR day!!!!

166370df0471ef77bcd96c008f51007f.jpg

love Onew's addiction to chicken :D

e5d5c01440fe2d07a2d5bc673016d713.jpg YAAAAAAAASSSSS

mxruq1.jpg

I'm like this ALL THE FRICKEN TIME!!!! None of my friends like KPOP Like how can they not like this:

2665303cb0767819ff53a1285743e797.jpg or this: 1a909abaf0b2c0e7f913038f97634bc0.jpg or even these: 3db17478caeb21bcf21c79e6e939354f.jpg

large.jpgjessicajungmeangirls.jpg

mx9n7d.jpg

LOL I think I might've overused the memes:(

AHHHHH WEEELLLLLLLLLLL

hehe

tumblr_inline_mwldu348Nr1s5nr34.gif

I'm really sorry

tumblr_static_kai_cute_camera.gif

Also let's take some time to remember the two members of Ladie's code who have passed away from the recent car crash, and pray for the rest of the members and hope that they can get through these times of sadness...

Bw7LIAxCIAAeYo3.jpg:large

This is so sad and to know they were both so young as well with lots of things they'll never get to experience...

mqdefault.jpg

My condolences to the families who have to spend Chuseok thinking of their beloved who have passed on and are hurting.

Although it is very saddening, others should definitely learn from this and changes have to be made in the kpop industry. Whether it's wearing seatbelts in the back and front of cars or allowing enough rest for the managers as well as Idols and not letting them drive early or late in the day, changes like this could possibly save the lives of PEOPLE. And YES, these IDOLS are PEOPLE like us, who are very FRAGILE like us. 

Hopefully everyone is feeling okay after this horrid past week, and can move on knowing that these two beautiful souls are in a better place.

tumblr_mjkin3Jgj11r3vt93o2_500.gif

Have a nice day!!!