Getting No Where

No One Knows

This chapter is rated M for gore/ language, but I don't think that I'm very good at writing gore or horror. Also it doesn't contain much at all. Ah well...better safe than never :)

 

Kris's POV

“The killer first skins the victim, hangs the flesh on the edges of the bath and sink and then somehow, disposes the remains,” Xiumin, who was the current chief, informed the members of the SKINNER case and I, as we were drifting far away from reality while he re-read the case files,in his monotone voice, for about the thousandth time. I could tell he was just as bored as the rest of were with his droopy eyelids almost fully covering his usually bright eyes.

You would expect these type of crime scenes to be covered in blood and DNA, however this murderer ensures that everything is as clean as it was before, but including freshly sliced pieces of the unfortunate victim's skin, so everyone calls him the OCD killer. That's why Lay and I haven’t been able to catch him yet, eventhough we’ve been on the case for nearly three years. We were getting nowhere.

“Why don’t we try and follow him?” one of the older members, named Luhan, spoke up for the first time since he recently joined the agency. He looked quite young compared to his age, with his milky white skin and cute deer-like features.

Lay, who was sitting on my left, lifted his head from the sleepy state he was previously in. He ignored me while I chuckled at the red mark on his forehead he had gained from the contact with the hard table. Not removing my intrigued eyes from his messy, dark hair as he talked. It looks like he was eletrocuted, minus the fried skin

“How would we do that though, we don't even know where to start?” he asked with his eyelids covering the top half of his dark eyes. cute

Everyone who was the least bit excited that we might have been closer to finding this mystery killer silently sank back into their chairs. Everyone was so miserable, you could tell by the looks on their faces. If they weren't pouting, their eyes were full of question and annoyance. After a long minute of silence, I brushed my hand through my already-messy, auburn hair. I was already frustruated enough and this dragged out meeting was making my ty mood worse, not to mention I had a terrible headache.

Pushing my thick eyebrows together, I stood up and simply walked out of the room while everyone just sat there watching me warily. I didn't care as I was happy to get out of that crowded room full of misery.

Lay's POV

As soon as Kris left the room, everyone seemed to relax a little bit. Everyone except me.

"Alright everyone, meeting's over. You can go home now." Xuimin allowed us to go home, and just when I was about to exit the now empty room, the chief stopped me.

"Lay do you mind if I talk to about Kris quickly?" Shaking my head, I eyed his back suspiciously as he tidied up the case files.

"What about him?" I asked politely, eventhough I don't like talking about Kris with others.

He sat down and motioned for me to do the same. "I'm starting to think that Kris isn't enjoying this job as much as he used to, especially since this case particularly," I slowly nodded in agreement, not knowing what he was getting at.

"So...I was wondering how you would feel if I were to give this case to-", I cut him off when I finally knew where this was going.

"You do realise that Kris is the best detective this agency actually has right now," I said with a low, as-a-matter-of-fact, voice. And after a while of not hearing a response, I knew that Xuimin was suprised at my sudden attitude change. Of course he would be like this, no one except Kris has been able to see this contradicting side of my usual cheerful mood. I looked at the clock and my eyes widened as I realised that I had been talking with the older man for over 20 minutes. I stood up worried about how long Kris had to wait for me. I was about to leave the large room for the second time, but stopped to hear what the chief had to say,

"Just think about it a little while longer, I'll be expecting your answer after this weekend. You can rest until then," I was a bit confused with Xuimin's last statement, and I'm pretty sure that he realised this as he then explained to me that Kris and I could have a short break by not coming into work during the next two days. "Enjoy yourselves," He motioned for me to leave with a soft smile. I smiled showing my dimples as I bowed before I finally left.

I had reached the elevator and as I pressed the button to go down, I glanced back at the chief only to see him pushing all of the chairs under the table and making sure they were straight. Ding. I impatiently walked into the elevator and, still observing Xuimin cleaning the room, as the doors slowly closed, It seemed like he had OCD.


YAY!!! I have officially finished writing the first chapter of my very first AFF story! This took me a whole 2 hours to write and it's nearly 1000 words. I hope you all like this chapter. I am probably just talking to myself here haha...

But in all seriousness, I hope no one thinks that this story is bad or something, and I'm sorry for any grammatical errors:) (Please forgive me!)

Also I'm probably only going to mention EXO M members, and just ignore the fact that the two korean members can't speak Chinese fluently, KAY

Looking forward to writing the next chapter and hopefully by then I'll have a few subbies?

You must be dreeeeeeeeaming!