It's alright.

1-4-3 Do you love me still?

“EunSa-yah, it’s alright. You must’ve been surprised huh? I’m sorry I didn’t warn you about it. “ He pulls me into a ug, as I hid my embarrassed face in his chest.

“Why didn’t you tell me anything? I looked like such an idiot in there. I felt so lost so confused…” I sigh.

“It’s alright, I understand, it’s been a while. You must be feeling a whole bunch of emotions right now. Just breathe relax, get yourself to the right mental state.” He chuckles.

“Yah Key Oppa, I’m not crazy or anything, who are you calling mental? Watch yourself.” I manage laugh slightly.

“Okay, What I’m saying is calm down, and think clearly and tell me when you’re ready. Okay?” MY brother tilts his head slightly and waits patiently as I continuously inhale and exhale deep breaths, in attempt to calm myself down.

“I think I’m alright now Oppa, I think I’ve calmed down and stuff. Well, it’s a little better than before, I guess…” I sigh still extremely bothered and confused by what had happened just a couple of minutes earlier.

He smiles at me and winks as he goes back into the restaurant and quickly coming back out while bringing someone with him. I try to walk away quickly, but Key Oppa grabs my hand and makes me stay there.

“Well then, someone wants to talk to you. I’ll be in there eating delicious food, and we will be watching you from the window. You cannot come in, until you’ve sorted yourselves out. Hurry, or else I will eat all of you beloved pickled radish EunSa, and Jongin, I will eat all of your chicken too!” He teases and walks back into the restaurant and to the table where everyone else was seated.

“Uhhhh…hey…” Kai says awkwardly, while scratching the back of his neck. “Well uh…. That was pretty awkward. Listen, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you at school or anything, I just wanted to see if you remembered me and stuff, and well apparently you didn’t.” He bites his lip.

“Uh…yeah, I guess… I just feel really stupid, how could I have not realized it was you… I don’t even know whether to be mad or happy to see you again.” I say shyly. Why did he have to still be so handsome, so awkwardly cute that it almost hurt. Screw that, it did hurt that I couldn’t recognize him at first, that he didn’t tell me when he left and when he would come back.

“Nah, it’s been 8 years it’s alright I guess. Mad? You mad at me? Why?” He asks with eyes filled of confusion.

“Kai… Jongin… of course I would be mad. You suddenly disappeared. You never even said anything to me about. Then you promised to meet up and write letters to me frequently, yet you never did. How could I not be mad?” I try to fight the tears b  my eyes, remembering how hurt I felt back then.

“But I…I...” He tries to say something, but I interrupt him.

“No, who are you to walk in and out of my life like nothing. Who are you to suddenly disappear and reappear as you please? What kind of best friend are you? Did you even consider me as your best friend, or were you pretending. Sure, we were young, but if you were really my best friend you would’ve written to me like you promised. You would’ve told me when you were moving, and warned me before you came back. What kind of best friend are you?” I say with tears now streaming down my face, I try t prevent myself from sobbing but I can’t.

He slowly pulls me into a hug and sighs.

“I’m sorry EunSa… I’m a crappy best friend, I know. I can’t really explain everything right now, but I just want you to know that you are my best friend. I’m so sorry if I ever made you feel that you weren’t and I’m sorry that we didn’t keep in touch. I’m sorry and I understand if you don’t want to talk to me anymore…” He lets go of me and wipes my tears away.  I could feel the sincerity in his apology and hug him.

“No, Kai… it’s alright, I just really really really missed you. I just wish you could tell me why sometime. For now, I guess I’ll forgive you. I missed you a lot.” I smile, feeling a little bit better. “Promise that you won’tsuddenly move away without telling me? Promise you won’t hide secrets from me anymore?” I manage to say.

“I promise, well I’ll try not to.” He does his stupid half smirk goofy grin thing.

“Don’t call me Kai… call me Innie Oppa, like you used to. I’ll call you Sa-yah like before…” He says nervously.

“Not right now, maybe when I get used to the fact that you’re back and everything… maybe when it’s less awkward.

“Well then, cheers to rebuilding our friendship I guess, I’ll have to work my way up to being your best friends again. So, wanna go back and eat… I’m kind of hungry actually.” His stomach grumbles loudly and breaks the tension as we laugh while going back to the table.

“So, I’m assuming you two are okay now. It must have all been a big misunderstanding right?” My mom exclaims happily.

“Yeah Mrs. Kim, we’re alright now… I’m glad EunSa and I can be friends again. “ He smiles at my parents and starts to eat his chicken happily.

Sure everything was alright now. We somewhat cleared our misunderstandings, and were starting to become friends again, but I still couldn’t help but wonder why he didn’t keep in touch. I just wish he would tell me soon.

After finishing our food, we went home and I headed straight to my bedroom, changed my clothes and lied down on my bed.

I heard a faint knock on my door, and my brother walked in quietly.

“Good night EunSa, you did well today…” He kisses my forehead and turns off the lights in my room.

“Good night Key Oppa!” I scream as he closes the door. Through the closed doors I hea him chuckle and walk away.

I grab my tan bunny and hug it tightly.

“I’m so glad he’s back… I’m so glad he remembers me… I missed him so much.” I whisper to the wind. I felt my eyelids getting heavier and heavier until I was off into dream land. “I wonder if he still remembers the promise… I wonder if he’ll still keep it.” This kept repeating in my head as I slowly fell asleep… Does he? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HAHAHA Okay, so I wrote another chapter. I don't know if it turned out well or not, but it's up to you to decide hehe. Well anyways, I see y'all like the cliff hangers ;) ayeeeeeee. Okay, Idk I'm really hyper right now, so pls do try and enjoy th e story. Once again feel free to comment, subscribe etc. Anyways thanks for taking time to read my story ♥ Arie ~~~