By your side - Run to You

Everything changed when I saw you

(italic text are lyrics, another Youngjun view in the second half of the chapter ^^ run to youuuuu lalala~~ and sorry this chapter is a little shorter than the previous two TT;;)

I saw you quickly walk off after your comment about Yejoon - "Don't let Yejoon dictate your life".

Did I let him dictate my life? Maybe ever since he changed and I couldn't do anything as I only watched him change. I let him just drag me around. Everyone's right, but I haven't done anything.

I want to be your friend though Youngjun. . .

I shook my head and patted my face a little to wake myself up and started walking to school to find myself being pulled back on my arm "Hey!" I yelled out while I turned around.

Oh it's Yejoon, he looked at me with a stern face, did he catch me talking to Youngjun? 

"Wait for me ya" he yelled out taking a hold of my wrist, grabbing it tightly, the bruise only just faded too but I could feel the pain coming back. He was taking the lead again while dragging me to school. Reaching the school gates and the way to the entrance, I tried to hold my ground and firmly stopped.

"OK!! Enough is enough Yejoon" I shouted out, I know a few heads turned, but he wouldn't be able to do anything bad in too much of a public place right?

Yejoon suddenly stopped, turned his head slightly to the side having an eye on me, I tried to stare back but he turned back his head "Just shut up" he said. 

"No, I can't do this with you anymore, I don't-"

He suddenly pulled my wrist making me stop my sentence facing him and his face was scaring me, his eyes were filled with anger. "Don't mess with me.", he let go of wrist and started walking into school.

It's happened again. But this time it's different. It's the first time where he let me go and carried on by himself. I felt a tap on my shoulder. Turning around in shock.

It's just her. It's Minhee, as I spotted her long dark brown hair, "Ah Minhee!! Careful" I said to her.

"Hey are you OK? I'm worried about you, you don't tell me anything anymore. Let's eat lunch together OK?"

I nodded at her and we went to class together, walking in I had a quick peek at Yejoon's desk, he wasn't there. Walking over to my seat I just sat down and tried to focus on class. Yejoon never came in class, where was he?

Minhee came over when the lunch bell rang, "Come on, looks like Yejoon isn't here, let's have lunch!!"

Following her and the rest of the group out and walking towards the cafeteria catching the closest table and sitting ourselves down while we brought out our packed lunch with a few of the girls going to buy their lunch.

Minhee sat next to me and put her arms on the table, leaning her elbows on the table and resting her head on her hand, looking at me and said "Well? Are you breaking up with him? I think you should, I don't want you hurt y'know."

I sighed and nodded at her, bringing out some of my lunch to eat, trying to avoid talking. A few of the girls came back with food and gave some to Minhee. As I continued eating I started wondering about Youngjun though. Did he think I was avoiding him today after that.

Before I could think anymore a guy came in the cafeteria and shouted "Yejoon's pulled a punch guys!!!"

(The dice has been thrown, the start has begun)

A crowd of people in the cafeteria started moving out and quickly following the guy, Minhee quickly looked at me and took a hold of my hand and started following the crowd. "Who do you think it is?" I wonder who he would start a fight with, last time something like this happened as been a while.

"You stay away OK, if you want to keep that face of yours".

I could hear that it was Yejoon's voice, it sounds bad, the tone of his voice and his short temper never help. Not to mention what happened earlier this morning. 

I saw the crowd separate in two, Yejoon was walking in my direction and grabbed my arm, but Minhee was was still holding onto my hand though as she quickly grabbed Yejoon arm which gripped mine. She stared at him and he said "Don't make me hit you".

"Do it then" she snapped back at him, Minhee was always someone who would stand up for herself when time comes, everyone's head turned around and faced him.

I heard him mumbled and he dropped my arm and stormed off. Everyone started breaking apart now and returning back to lunch now that there was no commotion.

"Is that Jun-ah from the next class?" Minhee spoke trying to make out the figure that was sat on the floor against the wall. I quickly looked over and saw Youngjun, with slight movements and heavy breathing.

This is all my fault. . .

Minhee let go of my hand as she felt me walking towards Youngjun and left me to it, hearing the sound of her footsteps she was walking away.

 

(Youngjun's view)

 

 Even though my head was down I knew you were walking towards me, you're the sort of person who cares about others too much.

Maybe I deserved that punch but it's no big deal as I brought my hand up to the side of my eye. I'm surprised he didn't throw more punches after the things he spat at me and what I yelled back, I'll keep those to myself for now. My quiet life I wanted now strayed.

"I'm sorry" as I heard you call out, you were probably apologising on his behalf. I lifted my head slightly and you were starting to turn around but I grabbed the sleeve on your blazer.

(All right! Don't run) 

You paused for a moment trying to shrug me off but I wasn't going to budge. Then your hand suddenly touched mine trying to pull mine off. Your hand felt slightly cold as it sent a shiver down my spine.

(All right! Don't push me away)

The Bell suddenly rang, indicating the end of lunch. I tried to meet your eyes but every time your gaze averted mine. 

"Class is starting" I heard you say.

I let go of your sleeve and finally said "Music room?"

As I got myself up and left you again returning to my class. People around me stared at me when I walked in. Thankfully my hair covered most my face, even if the bruise would show or the black eye it'll be covered but slightly swollen. 

Are you even going to try and meet me there. I figured maybe like those few lunch breaks you might appear, all I had to do was wait for tomorrow or the day after that and so on.

Are You brave enough? From the small view of your eye that you'll allow me to see, anyone could tell you were scared and vulnerable. Let me be by your side instead. Yejoon definitely wasn't good news, if only you knew maybe it might be easier for you to leave. Should I tell you? Was it my place to interfere as I probably had no right to but the excuse of an old friend who needs to come clean about something.

(until always I'll be by your side)

(Run to you)

(I will protect you!)