I'll be there for you

Everything changed when I saw you

(italic text are lyrics~ and another Youngjun view of things in the 2nd half of this chapter!)

 

 I wondered if you were going to be in that music room again. I wondered why Yejoon even pointed at you, was it because of yesterday? Why you? I remembered his words 'Anyone but him', why do you make it sound like other guys are ok but not him. I wasn't even looking at him in that way, I guess maybe I've fallen out of love, I'm not sure what it is anymore, what look did I have in my eyes when I glanced at you? 

Lunch time already I thought to myself? Staring over at Yejoon, he was still there, he came over to me, was he not going somewhere else today? I remembered when we would share our lunch, those were just fond memories though which I'll never forget, I remembered that sweet smile you had. 

"I can't walk you home today, walk with your friends yeah?" were the first words he said to me, you turned around my eyes on your back as you walked out the door with your hands in your pockets. What were you up to? I shook my head and raise my hands to me cheek and patted them and quickly got up and left the room for lunch break. I found myself walking towards the music room.

Taking a slight peek into the room, it was empty or so I thought from this angle. Walking in and heading for the piano straight away, I looked around in a daze and shocked myself as I saw someone sitting on the floor it made me jump and let out "Ah w-what are you doing?" as I looked, it was him, the same guy from before. But no reply. His head was down, not even his guitar was out. We're you sleeping in this room? I kept looking at you, not sure if I should approach you or tap lightly. Instead I walked over to the piano and sat down, someone always leaves their music sheets here as I sifted through them. I wonder if I can still play this level anymore.

Once again the bell rang, tidying up the music sheets back on to the piano, I had one more look at that guy, he still wasn't moving, so I quietly made my way out, will I see you again if I come back here?

(Farewell is short but the pain stays for long)

Making my way back to class to finish the few hours left of school, my friends came to me when class finished and said "We're walking home today right?" I nodded and smiled at them, it's been a while since we were able to walk home without any disruptions. Grabbing my bag I headed out with them.

Outside of school I spotted that same guy again, he's walking alone again, doesn't he walk home with anyone? He's always alone I pondered. I started thinking about him but Yejoon's words bothered me still. Do you know each other? Why can't I talk to you. Maybe I'll see you tomorrow if I go to the music room again.

 

Another normal day in class, Yejoon had said again that he can't walk me home, so my friends would. It felt like he was keeping tabs on me though, I couldn't shake that feeling off. 

Lunch time happened again, I went back to that same music room hoping to see you. You weren't there this time. I let out a sigh and walked up to the piano, as I looked around one more time, making sure no one was around. I brought up my hands and with my fingers lightly touched the keys and finally pressing them and playing a short melody from the music sheets.

But suddenly I stopped as I heard a knock on the door, turning around it was him again, I saw him walk over back to his normal spot and sat down. Looking back at the piano, I let out a smile from the small sight of seeing you, I'm sure I know you from somewhere but where? Even if I couldn't see your face clearly I'm sure we've met before.

I wanted to say something this time but I couldn't as the bell suddenly rang. Slowly walking out the room you were still strumming on the guitar but I fixed my eyes on you til I left, maybe you saw me from the side of your eyes but you never looked my way.

 

Class is over already? It flew by, maybe because something was on my mind so I wasn't paying attention in class, Stretching my arms the pain was still there but the bruise was gradually fading. I looked at the door and saw Yejoon walking out of class with my friends coming up to me and looking in the same direction. "Lets go" Jo Minhee said to me with a smile "I missed these times alot" as she went on to talk, Minhee was one of my close friends, she knew the old Yejoon as well. Leaving school once again, at the entrance I saw that same guy who was in the music room, he was sitting on one of the benchs, I nudged Minhee and asked "Do you know who he is?". She looked over at who I was looking at and said surprise "Oh, thats Seo Jun I think, or Youngjun, he's kind of a loner and keeps to himself, why whats wrong?" as her gaze finally met mine.

"Ah nothing, just curious, ahh, I forgot I had to do something, you guys head home first okay?" as I said to her and rest of the group, waving them off.

 

I walked back into school and wondered about a bit waiting for my friends to walk a bit further. Then walking back out I spotted you still there, there were still a few people outside. I looked back to where I saw you. He was still there. I slowly started walking towards him. 

I decided to sit down next to him and slowly turn my head to look at him. I could see some headphones reaching towards his ear. 

He turned round to look at me.

 

(Youngjun's view)

Shouldn't she already have made her way home by now? I could feel her looking at me, I still had my headphones in and I turned around and tilted my head at her as a greeting then looking back away. 

I could hear her say something but couldn't make it, so I decided to take out my headphones and looked back at her. "Yo" I said back to her.

"Youngjun right? Do you want to walk home together?" she asked.

Looking at her I raised my left eyebrow and had a puzzled look all over my face. Why was she asking me? Does she remember me now? She called my name, maybe she does? As my heart beat a little faster at that thought.

(It hurts so much that I have to hold onto the pain like this)

I stood up and let my headphones fall onto my chest and nodded at her, picking up my bag and guitar, I started walking seeing if she would follow. 

"Hey Youngjun-ah, I'm-" as she was speaking I cut her off "I know who you are" and smiled at her. She probably thought I heard  about her from the rumours if she didn't remember me and started walking next to me. I don't know if it was me but why did it feel so odd now, it wasn't the same as back then, it felt like someone was watching me?

We just kept walking in silent, we still live near the same area it seemed, she still lived in the same house. Didn't she move away?

Suddenly she stopped and said "I live here, Thank you" as she bowed at me, the door behind her opened back. I recognised the woman instantly it was her mum. She looked at me and mouthed my name, I just nodded while I saw you turn around going inside making sure you didn't see. I remember she didn't like me too much because I caused a bit of trouble before.

"Auntie" I greeted and bowed at her, "Bye" was the last thing I said as I walked towards the direction my house was in.

(Sending you off just as simple as saying goodbye)

(Can't let it go, my heart)

(Can't let you go)

I wanted to know how you were you doing, its a busy time for all of us because we have to decide where we want to go and our test test to take. I wasn't actually asleep when you came in the room that time. I wanted to know if you would play the piano, you seemed really nervous when I was in the room, you wouldn't properly touch the piano. The next time though, I waited for you to go inside first, as I suddenly wanted to knock on the door, I could hear you playing the piano. You definitely improved from the the time we were just messing around when we were younger. I actually want to play something for you one day.

Can I be the one that's there for you instead of Yejoon? I hear and can see the way he treats you. I just want to say those 5 words to you like last time "I'll be there for you" as I stopped walking and said it while turning my head back. 
(I'll be there for you, words that are too late to say)

 

Today I decided to walk a little earlier today, usually I would go a bit later to avoid seeing you and Yejoon together. I did want to stay out of trouble and keep to myself. 

Continuing to walk I saw you come out your door. I could feel you looking at me so I lifted my head up and gave you a nod as a greeting.

"Youngjun" I could hear you call out my name, as I took my left headphone out "hmm?" I mumbled while trying to calm my heart, when you say my name I can't help but feel a little happy.

(My heart hurts, why is it like this)

(Is it because I can't let you go?)

 "I don't know if we can be friends. . ." I hear the sadden tone in your voice, could you feel my heart slightly drop. It was also quite sudden of you to say this to me. As it felt like we just met only yesterday. Did your mum say something to you yesterday I wondered but those thoughts vanished as you spoke.

"It's my boyfriend, he doesn't like me hanging around you. . ."

I looked at her and nodded, it must have been when he was pointing at me, I really hated him as she continued on

"I don't want you to get hurt either, maybe I'll see you in the music class though."

I don't know what to think of that, was it a farewell? I started to talk "Don't let Yejoon dictate your life" was the last thing I said and I just walked faster.

(I can't even cry)

(Why is it like this?)

 I don't think I can keep that promise with you when we we're younger, it probably wasn't something serious, but a promise is a promise right? When we'll meet again later if that ever happened I just wanted to be there when times got hard. You said the same to me, but it was a long time ago, do you remember?

 (Just know that I'll be there for you)