Someone met by Chance

Everything changed when I saw you

(italic text are lyrics & also in this chapter, Youngjun's view of everything is at the 2nd half of this chapter with the lyrics)

 

Today I was trying to run away from my first boyfriend - Choi Yejoon, I know it would be hard as we see each other in school, but I wanted to break up, I've tried may times before. We've been together since the end of middle school, but I didn't like how he was turning out, everything changed when we entered high school and the crowds he was hanging around. They weren't good for him, he started getting more aggressive, grabbing my wrist as he wants by pulling me away from my friends. He would shoot stares at them and shout at them. I wanted to break up a few times but our families knew each other, they always said when we grow up we'll get married, I wanted to believe that. I wanted that fairytale ending every girl would want with her first boyfriend.

Later he caught up to me at the school gate as I was still running, a few classmates looked on, but no one ever did anything because they were afraid of him, no teachers were out on patrol either but they would let it slide when it comes to him, he was a smart guy and would always get a good grade on his homework and exams.

"Ah stop it and let go!" I yelled at him as he grabbed my left arm as I tried to walk away, "I don't want to be with you anymore!" with all my courage I screamed at him and tried to hit his hand away from me. "Shut up" he spat back at me, still holding my arm and taking the lead walking into school and into class. People would gossip and stare but it was just an ordinary day, he let go when we reached my desk and he just smiled at me and went over to his seat, I lifted my sleeves on my arm looking at it, it seemed like I was going to bruise again, I let out a sigh and tried to focus on class instead of the pain.

Lunch time had came, I saw Yejoon leave the room, he was up to no good again during lunch times, a group of girls approached me and stared at me and asked "Are you okay?", I smiled and nodded at them trying not to worry anyone, I walked out the class room shortly after making my way into the music room.

Walking up to the piano with the sunlight shining on it, it always had a beautiful glow, as I touched the key on the end. A knock suddenly came on the door, my eyes widen and I jumped a little at the knock that broke the slience inside the room. Turning around, in his uniform, he had dark brown hair reaching past his face, I couldn't make out his face because of his hair, but I think I knew him? He had his jacket on the side in one of his hands, he walked in with his guitar on his back, putting it down gently, he sat against the wall on the floor and slowly took his guitar out the bag, I couldn't keep staring so I looked back at the piano and had small glances now and then, I don't remember seeing him in school I thought to myself.

He started playing his guitar, I sat myself on the seat infront of the piano and was looking at the music sheets that were left behind, just shuffling them and reading them while watching him play his guitar, it look like he just picked it up recently as he couldn't play too well. I smiled to myself, that's really cute, almost like he was playing for me, even though me and Yejoon both knew how to play the piano - he never plays for me anymore like the old times.

Hearing the sudden ring of the bell going, it was the end of lunch time, I stood up seeing him sat in the same position, I slowly walked out, is he not going to class? I try to shrug it off as I didn't know him, hopefully he won't get in trouble though, he seems like a nice guy.

Back into class, I looked over and Yejoon wasn't in his seat, I sighed and looked back in front, a few more hours today, if hes not back I can quickly get home and not bother with him again.

I stretched my arms out trying to ignore the pain, it was time to go, with only one assignment handed in for tomorrow, my friends came over asking "Do you want to walk with us today?", I nodded and starting collecting my items while they were waiting, but I started hearing the girls let out a few screams as they were getting pushed. Ah, who else could it be but him, he grabbed my wrist and started pulling me out of class "lets walk home" he said softly. I turned back to look in the classroom and waved my friends off.

"I'm sorry okay", as he started to hold my hand instead, he then paused and suddenly stopped and hugged me outside the school entrance. I hugged him too and just shrugged his apology off, it always happens. "Lets go home" I said to him, letting go and only holding his hand. As we both started walking, I noticed that same guitar bag on someones back. It was the same guy as before who walked into the music room, it looked like he was in his own world walking slowly, as we walked past, I turned my head to take a look at him, only to be pulled by Yejoon "Hey, are you paying attention?". Turning back to him at his sudden words I just nodded and followed along.

As I got home he waved, finally Yejoon gave me a smile, seeing himself turn around smoothly he puts his arm 90 degrees out and waved, I started going back inside, straight to my room I started working on the assignment we got given today.

 

A new day had started, getting myself ready for the new school day, into the kitchen for breakfast "Dad, mum good morning" I greeted them and started eating what my mum had placed on the table. "What happened? Did Yejoon?" as my mum tried pulling up the sleeve on my uniform, I tried to shake her off and lied "Nothing, I got my hand trapped in the door, thats all". Although I'm not sure she would buy it as she knew Yejoon had changed, our mums were quite close to each other.

She gave me an odd stare while my dad started speaking "Don't forget to think about your future ok?". I nodded my head at him. Honestly, I wanted to do something with music, I loved playing the piano, but I got forced to quit so I could barely play, the only time I would even touch a piano is at school, they weren't supportive of my career choice so I had to go in a different direction. They didn't believe something like that would work out. Why did they even make me pick up a instrument back in middle school for, I'll never understand.

There a knock at the door, my mum went to get it, "Yejoon-ah you're early today" I could hear her say, I rushed to the door and saw him, he bowed at my mum and then quickly took my hand and said "Byebye Auntie~".

As soon as we walked a little more "Stop looking at other guys" he said then looked towards me. I looked at him puzzled, we didn't talk on the way to school as he he held my hand, he stopped at the gate and pointed at someone. Following his hand I spotted that same guy from yesterday, with his guitar still on his back. "Him ok? Stop looking at him, I can see it, anyone but him". I argued back "Why? He's my friend".

Putting his hand down he looked at me and said "You don't even know him! Stop lying to me, I never see you talk to him". I tried to avoid his gaze, looking back in that direction, I noticed that guys head turn around looking, but he quickly looked away and carried on walking.

 

(start of Youngjun's view)

It's her again, although yesterday wasn't the first time I saw her, I don't think she even remembers me from junior school though, I was looking back round just in my own world, listening to my X Japan playlist, then noticing Yejoon pointing his finger towards me with his other hand holding yours, I quickly turned back and carried on walking to class. Why is she with him? I hear all these rumours about all the bad things that happened, it's the only reason I know that guy is Yejoon, "Hey hey, did you see the bruises on her arms, it looks really bad", I could hear them all, even if my seat was at the back of the class, atleast I could take my mind off things by looking out the window though.

(Yesterday)

(When I met her by chance my breathe stopped)

(Her hand held in another hand, her hips held in his other)

Sitting at my desk next to the window, I could see that them two were still outside, I don't know if they were still arguing, but they started walking into the school so I looked up into the sky. I shouldn't think about it, she doesn't talk to me anymore after we left for different middle schools, how did we end up at the same high school? I have to think about what I want to do instead, I'm still trying to learn the guitar. My dreams changed, but I got inspired by X Japan and all the other bands around the world, I wanted to be a world rock star, maybe my dream was abit big to go for, but I knew it was possible.

Hearing people hurry to their classes, I could the hear the sound of your voice again "I'm okay, I can walk too you know!". Staring in the direction the door was, then seeing you both pass our classroom door, Yejoon was pulling you again, why do you let that happen? I tried to look away but my gaze fixed on the door you guys just passed.

(Your voice that calls me like you're okay, I go crazy)

(Believing it hurts too much, what my eyes have seen hurts)

I wish I wouldn't see that fake smile of yours anymore, are you still playing the piano like you wanted? I know I saw you yesterday touching the piano so gently, I remember trying to teach you when we were younger when my dad brought me one.

(Come back to that time again, come back to me)

(I didn't know it was a time where it would vanish like a snapshot)

Why was I suddenly thinking about you so much? If I didn't see you in that room by chance, would I have not thought about you again? I had this sudden sharp pain inflicted on my heart starting today.

(I don't want to let you go)

(My heart hurts too much)

(When I met you by chance)