Tangled Threads

Threads of Destiny

Game Over

 




In an apartment somewhere in Seoul there was a girl waving her controller in the air as she sees the dreaded word on her console.



"What the!? I thought I made the right choice, this is so frustrating!" A tall slim girl exclaimed.



"Hahaha!! Because you're weak!! You believed strength alone can be used in a game like that, you must be joking right?" a smaller girl said as she adds insult to injury. "It's a strategy game Sooyoung, you need to strategize. Hahaha! Seohyun finished that for like a week when I lend it to her, compare to yours,” she continues to insult the girl.



“Sunny it’s not funny! She memorized the whole story line! Can you expect me to do the same?” she shouted to her friend.



“Oh yeah I forgot you’re our shikshin, Sooyoungie.” Sunny sarcastically countered,
 


Both girls look at each other with intensity in their eyes, so intense that when you pass through between them your head will be cut off, the intensity only grew when neither of them back out at the staring contest they just started, not one wanting to back off as Sunny raised another controller to her side challenging Sooyoung to a fight.
 


“There’s only one way we could settle this Soo,”

 


“Hahaha! Game on Sunkyu, you will eat your words after this,” Sooyoung giggled as she changed the disk on her console while giving an evil smirk,



The console started to play the CD Sooyoung had placed in it, as Sunny sat beside Sooyoung ready for action readying her fingers for the duel, when she realized that it was not a fighting game but a racing game.



“Start your engine,” was the only thing that could be heard from the dorm as the two friends where focus on the game itself not wanting to give an advantage to the other.
 


The sound of motors and breaks can be heard though out the dorm as Sunny and Sooyoung are neck to neck, and the finish line is just up a head. But for some unknown force both player finished at the same time, a rarity in the gaming world, especially for a racing game there would always be a few seconds of gap between two players but for them their time are identical to each other.



"Yah!! You cheated!!!!... How? How did we finish at the same time?” Sooyoung proclaimed as she points at the screen,
 


"I... I.... I really don’t know? I guess you’re just slow," Sunny intended to be sarcastic but was amazed on the result as well, 


Silence consumes the dorm for a few minutes as they can’t point out on how or what just happened to the game. A sudden growl off a stomach echo throughout the room disrupting the awkward silence as both girls looked at each other’s eyes as another growl echo again; both girls were clearly hungry as it was past their lunch, both girls just laugh the event that took place.

“Want to grab something to eat?” they said in unison earning another burst of laughter from both girls.




Meanwhile in a collage on the other part of Seoul an angry blonde girl was marching towards an unsuspecting girl in front of the school gates.


"Yah! Give my book back!!" The blonde shouted at the tall tanned girl.


"Jess! Sorry... I think? I've lost it somewhere in my room, I'll just buy you a new one if I can't find it," the girl tried to explain her way out of it,
 

"I'll give you one more day to look for it,"



"Stop bullying her Yuri, she can't live without a book in her hand," another girl with red hair said out of the blue,



"I'm telling the truth Tiffany," she tried to explain her way out again,



"Are you coming or what?" as a figure shouted from a distance waiting for the three girls to join her in the car,




After sometime back to Sooyoung and Sunny, they were passing an arcade as they eat their hamburgers when they saw someone very familiar in the shooting area of the arcade room. A girl using two guns of the shooting game, the other was meant for another player but she held it in both of her hands with ease without the restriction of the cord. The game was about to start when they saw the girl as she prepared herself, she lift her head up with eagle eyes, and shoots like crazy in the arcade room, her movement were graceful yet with accuracy like a true marksman, hitting the virtual enemies in the head not missing a single shot, people started to gather to watch her play as she was already in the first place without getting hit.

 

The crowd suddenly applauded her victory to much of her surprise; she bowed politely and was going to run away when Sooyoung and Sunny called her name from the crowd.



"Seohyun that was awesome!! I have never seen anyone beat that game before using two of the guns," Sooyoung happily commented,



"Sooyoung is right Seohyun that was just unbelievable! You beat me and Sooyoung combined," Sunny said while pointing to the score board with their name right before hers,


"Seohyun want to play some more," Sooyoung excitedly exclaimed,



"Sure why not there is still time till I go home,"


"Let’s play this," Sunny halted in a fighting arcade,



The two girls just looked at each other not wanting to fight the queen of fighting games as well as the queen of aegyo, this was something they couldn’t do when it comes to random button smashing she was the best of the best.



"Let’s play another one not that we are afraid to fight you or anything,” Sooyoung excused her way out,
 


“Unnie let’s play a shooting game instead,” Seohyun said wanting some more action on the shooting game,



“No we are not doing that! Let’s play this instead,” Sooyoung denied the request of the two and walked towards a dancing console.



Sunny and Seohyun agreed, they taught they have the upper hand; Sooyoung taught of this as well since she’s been practicing secretly on that machine, for the three of them this was a test of who practice on that game more. Sooyoung was too busy laughing at her future success as another girl walked by and placed two coins on the machine oblivious that the other three were going to play as well.


“Hey! What do you think you’re doing? We’re going to play on that,” Sunny proclaimed,



“Oh! Sorry did not think you guys will play, since you guys were arguing over some stuff,” she explained,
 


“Never mind, would you care join us on our dance battle?” Sooyoung asked,



“That would be awesome, please join us pretty please,” Seohyun added,



“Ahm? Sure why not, there are four of us, why not make it a tag dance battle?” the girl suggested, 



“You’re on! Let’s get this thing started then,” Sooyoung put up four more coins on the machine. 



They decided their team by playing rock, paper, and scissor. The result was Sooyoung was partnered up with the girl while Sunny and Seohyun teamed up.
 


“You don’t mind if I go first right?” Sooyoung gestured.



The girl just nods her head shyly; as Sooyoung went up against Sunny on the first match both girls feeling the beat of the music dancing their hearts out.



Somewhere on a road four girls were inside the car driving off to a place they usually hang out after class, the drive was long and the driver was getting bored.


"You guys want to listen to something?" she asked the others,



"Yeah! Do you have something good here?" Tiffany happily asked as she rummaged in the glove compartment with permission.



"Taeyeon is that the Girls Generation cd!?" Yuri asked in surprise,



"Yes, I bought their cd last week,"

 


"I want to hear their song as well," Jessica added while reading a book titled Sanctuary,



The music started to play inside the car with three happy fan girls started to sing along with the song, they were just a few blocks away from the place they were going to but it was traffic and this was a perfect time for them to just sing and party after a hard day at school.

 


In the arcade the battle had just ended and the results were shocking to everyone watching and to the players as well as both their score were both incredible.

 

"What!? Another tie!!" Sooyoung shouted frustrated at the result,



"Hahaha! Oh well it’s your turn," Sunny said coolly,



"Before we start, Can I know your name?" Seohyun asked politely,



"It’s Hyoyeon, Kim Hyoyeon," She stated.



As the music started to play, Hyoyeon begins to use power moves, dancing without care in the world, Sooyoung and Sunny just drop their jaw in awe as she hits the moves perfectly not missing a beat, Seohyun was not falling down at the challenge as she tried to keep up with the girl, they were having fun indeed, and Hyoyeon was amazed that someone could match her in that game barely.



Though the girls were having fun little did they know their fates were bound to something they could not imagine, a fate that they could not escaped, their destiny were laid in front of the as a rugged figure was sleeping under the willow tree; people passing by just staring at the tired figure, trying to figure out what’s her story.

 

"Why is she wearing an armor?"



"Is she a cosplayer or something?"



People walking wondered to whom that girl was, and to why is she in that state, they wondered if there was an event they don’t know about or a movie was being filmed. But the appearance of that girl was a deciding destiny of the lives of the people.