Of Love and Death.

Tainted Love [Broken]

"It is better to have loft and lost than to never have loft at all."

                                                                                             — Groucho Marx

Do Kyungsoo, 21, was looking at his agenda. Today, he had 3 appointments: the first one, at 11:45am with his therapist, the second, at 1:30pm to eat lunch and discuss some business matters with a client and the third one at 4:00pm with his friend from high school.. Everything perfectly planed out.

If you asked Do Kyungsoo how he would describe his life in one word, it would be "perfect."  He had to have the perfect apartment, the perfect outfit for the day, the perfect job. Most likely, everything he did had to be perfect and somehow, he managed to get everything he aimed for to be perfectly done..
And it couldn't be any other way because that's the way it should be. 

In his exhibitions, there would be someone who would ask about "Where the lucky girl is?". Someone brave enough would ask "You're doing good at work, Kyungsoo, but what about the art of love?" and he, of course, would ignore the questions and explain his latest work.
Do Kyungsoo grew up afraid of that word. And afraid of the feeling that comes with it, of course. He never wanted to experience it because in his eyes, it seemed hurtful and tricky. Why? His parents were married for 25 years, every day his father would bring a bouquet of roses to his mother, tell her she was the most beautiful woman on Earth and one day, he decided to divorce that woman because "their love wasn't enough". And Kyungsoo thinks that his mother never got over it up until now.

He was confused. He wanted to experience love yet he was afraid of it, and when he finally made it into college he decided that he wouldn't be with anyone to avoid the pain that comes at the end of love. There were girls who tried, really, he received lunch boxes, letters, chocolates.. you name it. And everytime he refused. He refused because he didn't want to suffer. He was okay like this, alone.

That's why he focused every ounce of love he had on the arts, though he couldn't write properly and he would avoid talking in public no matter what, so he decided to paint. 

Because painting made him feel loved and alive.

He was alive.

He felt alive.

                                                                                                     °°°°°°

The view was bright and Kyungsoo could hear the sound of waves hitting the shore. The way the leaves swayed in the air and the refreshing scent of saltwater that Kyungsoo longed for was...mesmerizing. 

Kyungsoo felt the air brushing his face, and his black hair flew along with the soft yet peaceful wind. He closed his eyes and breathed in, trying to remember the scent, the view and to cherish every moment he's having right now.

"Do Kyungsoo..." He heard a deep, husky voice calling out his name.

Kyungsoo turned around searching for where the voice was coming from. And there he is.
Loose white button down shirt with Khaki pants. He could see his chocolate-tanned skin under the white garment. His body, lean and tall, matched perfectly with his brown coloured hair.

Kyungsoo locked his eyes on his smile. That smile. The sweetest one he had ever seen, it made everything complete. Perfect, as Kyungsoo liked it.

Kyungsoo walked closer to see him better and every step he took made his heart beat faster. He stopped right in front of the stranger. He gave him a small smile and reached out his arm to him, and that made Kyungsoo hesitate. He saw the look in Kyungsoo's eyes and gave him a comforting stare along with a smile. And it made Kyungsoo's ice heart melt a little.

"Who are you?" Kyungsoo asked.

Kyungsoo reached out to meet his hands, and the distance between Kyungsoo's hands and the males got closer.

"Kyungsoo.."

 

Kyungsoo never had nightmares before, and he never remembers the dreams he'd had previously, but why he could remember this one so easily? It was getting on his nerves. What are you doing, Kyungsoo? He asked himself as he got out of his bed and walked to his studio. 

Today, Do Kyungsoo wasn't following his agenda.

Before he could even prepare the canvas to start working on his painting, he gives up. He had more important things to do that day in the afternoon. And more importantly, he had to finish some works for the exhibition in 3 weeks, so he let out a small sigh and turned off the lights, going back to bed. The place he never had to leave to start with.

He tucked himself back in bed and closed his eyes, as if by magic he would fall sleep again, but he couldn't.

The dream that made him wake up was running before his eyes. That face was there, so clear Kyungsoo doubted himself, wondering if this was a creation of his mind or if he was actually there.

Kyungsoo doesn't remember meeting the man before and suddenly, his mind is invaded with the thought of people having dreams about people they have seen at least once. The possibility made Kyungsoo shiver. He hated it not remembering anything right now.

But what if the person in his dream decided to be in it again? Kyungsoo could hear the male from his dreams asking him that question and he thinks he's going mental.

It isn't possible, right?