Chapter 8

Mission TO-GET-HER

Henry was on his way to Amber’s to hang out together. He had his hands in his pocket while thinking what he should do with Amber.

 

Henry : Should I just stay in her house for the whole day or went out? Where should we go? Cinema?

 

Just then, he saw Amber getting out from her house. He went to Amber quickly.

 

Henry :  Amber! Are you going somewhere?

Amber : Oh! Oppa. I’m going out with my friends. What are you doing here?

Henry : You’re going out, too? Zhoumi also went out to hang out with his friends. Can’t I go with you?

Amber : Are you that bored?

 

“Eung!” Henry nodded and stomped his feet like a kid.

 

Henry : Let me join you. Eung! Can I? Can I?

 

Henry showed off his aegyo which he rarely do.

 

Amber : You must be desperate to the point you’re willingly do aegyo.

Henry : Yes! Yes, I am.

Amber : Come on. Let’s go. We’ll join Zhoumi and his friends, anyways.

Henry : What? You two are going out together without me?

Amber : It’s not just the two of us. My friends and Zhoumi’s friends are there too. I wanna ask to join us but I’m afraid you’ll feel awkward.

Henry : You still don’t know me? I can get along easily with anyone.

Amber : Yeah, right. Forgive me for forgetting that my dear cousin. Now, let’s go!

 

Meanwhile, all the boys already arrived at the amusement park all dressed up as if they were having a blind date.

 

Leeteuk : Yah, Zhoumi call your cousin. Why isn’t she here yet?

Zhoumi : I already called her. She’s on her way with her friends.

Heechul : She really brings her friends along? I’m so excited.

Hangeng : Yah, Kim Heechul. Don’t get them involved with you. They’ll suffer.

Yesung : That’s right. Have some mercy on them, Heechul.

Kangin : There they are! I can see Amber from here! She’s with.. 1, 2, 3, 4.. There are 4 of them!

Shindong : Wait, Soojung is not with them.

 

Zhoumi waved at them to get their attention. Amber smiled as soon as she saw Zhoumi and his friends. Just then Zhoumi saw a familiar face behind Amber jumping while waving at them excitedly.

 

Sungmin : Who’s that guy? Is he waving at us?

 

Zhoumi let out a smile.

 

Zhoumi  : He’s my cousin, Henry. He lives in Canada and sometimes he come to Korea.

Eunhyuk : Canada? I should practice my English, then?

Zhoumi : There’s no need. He speaks Korean.

 

“Oppa, sorry we’re late” said Amber.

Zhoumi : No, that’s okay.

Siwon : Soojung didn’t come along?

Amber : She’s all you care about, huh?

 

Amber let out a small giggles after seeing Siwon’s embarrassed reaction.

 

Amber : She went to the restroom.  Ah! Let me introduce you to my friends, Victoria, Sunyoung, Jinri.

All of them, including Henry, introduced themselves.

 

Amber : I think Soojung  will be late. Why don’t we enjoy ourselves first?

Donghae : We can’t let her by herself. Kyuhyun, you stay and wait for her, okay?

Kyuhyun : Me? Wait.. Wait…!

 

They just go without even listening to Kyuhyun. 5 minutes later, he saw Soojung in between the crowds, looking lost.

 

“They said you’ll be late so they go first and told me to wait for you” said Kyuhyun as soon as he approached Soojung.

 

Soojung : Is that so?

Kyuhyun : Let’s find them.

 

They can’t seem to break the awkwardness and stayed quiet for the whole 15 minutes while looking for their friends.

 

Soojung : I can’t believe we can’t find them and they didn’t answer my calls.

 

“Why do I feel like they’d planned this on the first place?” thought Kyuhyun.

 

Soojung : Well, here. I forget to thank you earlier… for waiting for me.

Kyuhyun : It’s not like I wanted to..

Soojung : You could have just leave, then.

 

Soojung smiled. She seems so sincere and that makes Kyuhyun’s heart skip a beat.