Chapter 4

Mission TO-GET-HER

*Ding Dong*

 

The bell rang for a few times early in the morning. Soojung woke up upon hearing the ringing bell. Soojung got up from her bed, still in her pyjamas with her messy hair.

 

Soojung : Where's Amber? Why didn't open the door?

 

Soojung was about to open the door when the bell suddenly stop ringing. She stopped, thinking the person has gone. But then, the bell continued to ring crazily. Soojung was shocked and afraid. She looked through the hole on the door. It was the stalker. 

 

"Open the door! I know you're still in there! Soojung-ah! Why did some unknown guy get to stay with you? Why not me? Soojung-ah, this is unfair! You can't do this to me" the stalker shouted from outside.

 

Amber : Haisyh! what is it this time? What's all the noise? You've disturbed my sleep for two days in a row!

Soojung : Call the police. It's the stalker.

 

"I won't let do of that guy! Just wait and see! I'll finish him!" continued the stalker.

 

Amber : What guy? Who is he talking about?

Soojung : I have no idea. hurry and call the police. This guy us freaking me out!

 

10 minutes later, they heard someone pressing the password from outside the door. Amber and Soojung, who were at the living room, stared at the door nervously. Slowly, the door was opened. It was Henry. They both let out a deep sigh of relief. 

 

Amber : It was you!

Henry : Were you expecting someone?

Soojung :Is there anyone else outside house?

Henry : Who? I didn't see anyone around here.

Amber : He's gone. 

Henry : But, hey, what is this? My present?

Soojung : What present?

Henry : I'm talking about this. It got my picture on the box.

 

Henry showed the nicely wrapped box left in front of the door that has his picture on it. It seems like the picture was taken when Henry came to the house the day before.

 

Amber : hurry and see what's inside.

 

The unwrapped the box and found a bottle of poison and a note written 'ENJOY YOUR LAST MOMENT! I WON'T LET YOU NEAR TO WHAT'S MINE!'

 

Henry : What's this? Am I getting threatened? What did I do wrong?

Soojung : So, he was talking about Henry.

Henry : Girls, mind to tell me what on earth is happening right now?

Amber : It was Soojung’s stalker. He seems to know that Soojung is staying here and he saw you came here yesterday.

Henry : am I in danger?

Amber : don’t worry. We’ll ask for protection from the police

 

A few minutes later, the police arrived. They told every single detail to the police. The police will guard the house frequently and also, they set a few cctv at the house.

 

Henry : Did he always do things like this?

Amber : There was once when he suddenly grabbed Soojung’s hand. That’s the worst he’d ever done. Never thought he’ll do something aggressive like this.

Soojung : I’m sorry, but I think it’s better if you go now. Don’t go near this house for now.

Henry : A-Ah, right. Or he might do something worse than this. I’ll go now.

Soojung : I hope you understand. It’s for safety reason.

Henry : he becomes like that because of me. I’m sorry

Soojung : No, no. it’s not your fault. I’m the one who’s guilty. You won’t get into thing like this if it weren’t for me.

 

Henry just smiled. He gets up and walks toward the door.

 

Amber : I’ll accompany you.

Henry : what kind of man let a girl to accompany him home? And, you shouldn’t let soojung alone at home. What if he comes again?

Amber : do ever think of me as girl? But I really shouldn’t let her alone. It’s hard to be friend with someone popular.

Soojung : Are you happy making me more guilty, Amber Josephine Liu?

Henry : you don’t have to feel guilty. It’s nothing. I’m off!

Soojung : Be safe!

Henry : Yes, madam! Ah, don’t forget to call the police if he comes again.