Chapter 3

Mission TO-GET-HER

Soojung : Amber, wake up now! It's already 10 o' clock. Hey! Fix me breakfast!

Amber : You can cook, right? Do it yourself. I'm tired. I wanna sleep.

Soojung : I want your special fried rice!

Amber : Just cook on your own.

Soojung : It doesn't taste the same! Hurry and cook for me!

 

Soojung kept on disturbing Amber. Eventually, Amber woke up while scratching her head and letting out a sigh.

 

Soojung : That's more I like it. Now, let's go to the kitchen.

Amber :  Are you happy disturbing my sleep?

Soojung : I don't care. As long as you fix me my breakfast.

Amber : Haisyh! you're so  mean.

Soojung : I'm going to shower. Enjoy your cooking. Fighting!

 

Soojung tapped Amber's shoulder for a few time before she went to the bathroom. After 20 minutes later, Amber shouted from the kitchen "YAH! I'm done fixing you breakfast. Hurry up and eat before it gets cold. I'm going back to sleep!"

 

Soojung : Haisyh! I don't wanna eat alone.

 

10 minutes later, Soojung done with her shower. She wore a simple loose t-shirt with knee length pants and let her long, wet hair untied. She went straight to the kitchen and saw 'Amber' was still there. 

 

Soojung : YAH! I thought you were sleeping. Why? You suddenly feel hungry?

 

As soon as she finished her sentences, 'Amber' turned around to face her. Soojung's eyes widen. Her shocked expression can't be hidden.

 

"Amber? You've changed! You're a girl now! Wait. Did you get a work done on your face? I can't recognize you at all. Wah! You're so pretty! Well, thanks to the plastic surgeon I guess" that 'Amber' said.

 

Soojung : Wh-Who are you? How did you know Amber? Are you a... stalker? Get out from this house before I call the police!

 

"Wait! Wait! Wait! You're not Amber? Then, who are you? This is Amber's house, right?"

 

Soojung : I ask you first, you low-life stalker! How did you know Amber? And HOW. DID. YOU. GET. IN. HERE?

 

"Amber? She's my..." that 'Amber' didn't get to finish the sentence when the real Amber suddenly shows up.

 

Amber : What's with all the noise? I can't sleep!

Soojung : Amber, call the police! This low-life stalker barge into your house!

Amber : Low-life stalker?

 

Amber looked at that 'Amber'. Her eyes also widen as Soojung did but it's a different expression. A wide, bright smile appeared on her face.

 

Amber : Henry oppa! When did you get here?

Soojung : What did you call him? oppa? You have a brother?

Amber : Well, actually he's my cousin.

Henry : I just got here. But, who's she?

Amber : This is my friend, Jung Soojung.She's staying with me for a few days.

Henry : Oh, I see. Soojung? you're so pretty.

Soojung : Though I already know, but thanks.

Amber : Have you eaten your breakfast?

 

Henry pouted.

 

Henry : No, I haven't. I came here straight from the airport.

Amber : Let's eat together then. I haven't eaten my breakfast, too.

Soojung : YAH! Jsut now you told me to eat alone but when your cousin is here you suddenly wanna together, huh?

 

The three of them sat at the dining table while eating the fried rice.

 

Soojung : Anyways, you're staying here too?

Henry : Nope, I'm staying at my other cousin's house.

 

Soojung nodded.

 

Amber : Let's watch a movie tonight! there's a good action movie in the cinema now.

Henry : Great! Let's drag Zhoumi along, okay?

Amber : Okay. I will ask aunty to persuade him.

Henry : He need to learn how to have fun in life. Staring at books for the whole day is tiring.

Amber : yeah. Remember when we once drag him on a vacation to Busan, he kept on saying how he regretted going there. He should have studied, he said.

Soojung : Excuse me. Am I invisible?

 

Soojung sounds annoyed.

 

Henry : Well,... Join us! It's gonna be great. You know, running, jumping, fighting.

 

Henry said carefully.

 

Soojung : No, thanks. I'm not a fan of action movies. 

Henry : Ah... okay.