Chapter Four

Monkey Bars, Babysitters, and How I Fell In Love With You

Minseok was appalled that Sehun had just walked past him without so much as a greeting. After getting over his initial shock, he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and turned towards the stairs, wondering why his beloved dongsaeng had acted so coldly towards him. He wondered if he should trail after the rainbow-haired male or leave him be and then decided that he would go to make dinner first.

 

He walked over to the kitchen and raided the fridge, but found nothing he could work with so he settled on making some chicken wraps – something he knew Sehun would love. When he finished making them, he carefully transferred them to some plates and loaded the plates on to a large tray along with some cups of water. He picked the tray up, walked to and up the stairs, and proceeded to knock on Sehun’s door.

 

Sehun had music blasting through his earphones into his ears as he was finishing up the last of his cigarette. He failed to hear the knock on his door as he scrolled through his Facebook page, reading posts that he didn’t care about. Before he knew it, a tray was slammed down next to him on his desk, his cigarette was plucked out from between his fore and middle fingers, and then dropped into one of the glasses of water located on the tray.

 

“What the are you doing?!” He screamed out at the brunette that had put out his cigarette.

 

“What the am I doing?! Are you seriously asking me that right now?! What the are YOU doing?!” Minseok screamed right back.

 

“I WAS trying to enjoy my time in this damned room since I can’t leave and I’m being babysat by someone barely any older than I am.”

 

“No, you were not! YOU WERE SMOKING.”

 

“Yes, I was smoking. Smoking a very expensive cigarette at that,” he put his hand out. “You’re gonna have to compensate for that.”

 

Minseok proceeded to smack his dongsaeng upside the head. “You’re hilarious.” He then put his hand out. “Give me the rest of them.”

 

Sehun just stared up at his hyung.

 

“Now.”

 

Sehun continued to glare and Minseok sighed heavily and ran a hand through his hair. “Sehunnie, I’m not joking. Give me the rest of the cigarettes; they’re not good for you.”

 

The rainbow-haired male blinked up at the brunette before scoffing and looking back to his computer, mumbling out, “Like you care.”

 

Minseok didn’t seem to hear him but hardened his look. “You wanna say that again?”

 

Sehun put in his left earphone and acted as if Minseok wasn’t still standing there. Again, Minseok huffed out another sigh and looked around. He spotted the younger’s backpack sitting on the bed, the smallest pocket on the side ped and open. He took the few steps towards it and just as he was lifting it up, Sehun shot up and snatched the back out of his hyung’s hands.

 

“Don’t touch my stuff,” he said through gritted teeth.

 

Minseok snatched the backpack right back. “I wouldn’t have to touch it if you didn’t do stupid things and I had to go searching for things to stop you.”

 

“I do what I want. Feel free to leave if you don’t like it.” Sehun pulled it out of Minseok’s arms.

 

“Wow, look at what a big boy you are now, thinking you can tell me what I can and can not do.” The brunette just reached into the small pocket and quickly felt around for the packet of cigarettes before grasping onto it and pulling it out. Sehun dropped his backpack and reached his hand out in an attempt to get the packet back, but failed since Minseok held them far out behind himself.

 

“Give it back or leave.”

 

“How about I do neither?”

 

“Let me make it a little clearer. Leave. Now.”

 

The two silently stared each other down until Minseok blinked first, declaring Sehun the victor of this little argument.

 

“Fine,” Minseok started. “I’ll leave. But could you at least do some homework? Eat some food? Do something that’s not bad for you? Let alone illegal?”

 

“No.”

 

“If you do it, then I won’t tell your parents what happened tonight.” Minseok tried to reason.

 

Sehun scoffed. “As if they don’t already know. You just want to save yourself because you don’t wanna get in trouble for having the kid you were babysitting smoking in his room.”

 

Minseok just glared at Sehun for a quick second before slightly shaking his head and turning to walk out of the room.

 

“Wait.” Sehun called out and Minseok turned around, trying to still look angered, but his face showed hope. Hope for what? He didn’t really know, but there was hope.

 

“Take the food too. I don’t eat chicken wraps anymore.” Sehun knew that he was lying through his teeth and he willed it not to show through. With that, he turned back to his computer and sat down, putting his earphones in.

 

Minseok was shocked, and his faced displayed it openly. All he did, though, was walk back to Sehun’s desk, pick up one of the plates, the glass of water with the put out cigarette, and walk out of the room, visibly upset, leaving Sehun's share of food on the table. Sehun waited until he knew that Minseok was out of the room before turning to look at the door for a second. He turned back to his computer, shaking his head and muttering to himself.

 

“He doesn’t care. He left in the first place and now he thinks he can just come back and just try to be friends cause I’m mature. Hmph.”

 

He pouted to himself and continued to scroll.

 

Author's Note: Thanks for reading guys, again please leave your comments below~ I haven't had a lot of time to reply to all of them, but I do see them and I appreciate every single one of them! ^-^