Seven

Cake

 

VII.


"Why did you have to slap me?" Minho complained. He thought that the other liked the kiss as much as him. After all, Taemin is like- or love, whatever- him, so he was not ready to be slapped. At least, not this hard.

"You can't kiss people when you just want!" the boy yelled with him- even his auburn ponytail looked angry as it flew from right to left, as Taemin shook his head. "At least, you should ask it!"

"Then, can I kiss you?"

"What!?" he didn't wait any respond to that, because he just yelped in surprise. If Minho is going to kiss him again, he was afraid that his little heart wouldn't take it and he's just going to blackout.

"I mean you tasted so good, like  cherries, even if your lips look like strawberries- oh, and your eyes are either hazel or apple- it depends that if you're wearing contacts or not but each is perfect.  Wait, what I started to talking about?" each words made Taemin blush even more and Minho was not sure if he wanted to say these things out or he just rambled.

"About me tasting like-"

"Yeah, so you taste like freaking fairy dust." he held a little break then he continued. "So can I kiss you again?"

"No!"

"But you like me."

"And you're not. So there's no sense to do it." Taemin tried to play as a little minx but he just came out very awkward, very flushed-faced, very bothered and very shy. He didn't know how he won thousands of girl's heart, he will never understand it.

"Then tell what it's like loving me!" Taemin was a quite clever boy, maybe he could express the same bubbly feeling inside of him better than himself.  On the other hand, he listened some of his songs nowadays- they're pretty good after all- and he read that he writes his lyrics, so he must be good at it. Wait, did Taemin write those songs about him? "

"Loving you is like always having an urge to throw up." Minho wanted to withdrawn each praise he thought about Taemin.

"That's lovely."

"You asked."

"Really won't you let me kiss you again?"

"No, and please shut up." the auburn boy blushed deeply- it was not like a school girl blush, but rather of the second-hand embarrassment. Minho didn't have shame. He stood up and peeked out. "There are no fangirls. We can go now."

 

 

 Minho was trapped. Now, he was 100% sure about that, he likes Taemin. Because the other told the truth about loving someone, in the end. He really felt like he has a strong urge to throw up. Because of those butterflies in his stomach, and the pink fog everywhere. If it was how love is, he didn't really get those romantic movies. It was just quite disgusting.

Also, the thought that he has to confess sooner or later made his more and more sick- even if he knew the auburn's feelings from the very start. Even if he is usually the shameless, flirty guy. Even if he have never had trouble asking someone out. Stupid Taemin, made him confused.

He felt so miserable, but suddenly like a flashing light, it popped into his mind.

He is going to bake a cake.

It's going to taste like Taemin's blush. (White strawberry)

It's going to taste like Taemin's eyes without contact lenses, because he likes them more. (Hazel)

It's going to taste like Taemin's skin. (Milk)

It's going to taste like Taemin's voice. (Honey)

It's going to taste like Taemin's kiss. (Fairy dust. Where he can get it?)

And last but not least, it's going to taste like love.

 

 

He got into some trouble making the cake- because really, fairy dust?- and he ended up making a pastel pink cake sprinkled with edible silver glitter. Disgustingly girly, but made with love. It must be enough, also he was tired. He wanted to go home, but suddenly he heard noises- and one of them must be Taemin's and he was not ready to meet him, after his sudden realization. Maybe he would be ready tomorrow, but not now, when his clothes were full of flour, even his hair too- not like that Taemin didn't see him like that before, but still.

So he did what he thought the most logical step- hid into one of the wardrobes- that Key insisted to buy, after all, it was useful now.

He heard the steps closer and closer and suddenly Key yelled to Taemin.

"Look, there is a cake! It looks so good. Want a slice?"

"I don't think we should eat from it. What if it's for an order?" the auburn boy's was unsure but he had to agree with Key. It looked damn good.

"Whatever, but here is your name. Also, Minho can make another one tomorrow. I'm going to eat one slice."

"Then me too!" Taemin almost yelled. He craved for cakes for God knows how long. He wanted some.

Minho got almost a heart attack when he heard that his friend took out a knife, plates and forks. How he hated him now.

But also, he wanted to hear Taemin's opinion about the cake.

Soon, he heard a moan from Key.

"Wow, it is really the best cake I ever had." he praised the cake and ate a mouthful again. "Its' taste remind me something but I can't remember what."

Taemin was entertained by the other- as always- but as soon as he ate from the cake, he understood what Key was talking about. He nodded eagerly.

"I know, I know!" Taemin almost screamed. He was so excited. Minho did it for him? He was also afraid that he is going to die because of the happiness.

"Oh, and what is it?" Key watched Taemin who smiled with a toothy smile and a slight blush played on his cheeks- and he noticed Minho who peeked out from a wardrobe. These kids.

"It tastes like love."

 

 

 

 

an/ nonsense. completed.