Chapter 16

My boyfriend has a band
Soonyoung sat on one of the cold plastic chairs in the white maze of rooms. His eyes wondered from the black clock on the wall to the white tiles on the floor. He stared blankly at the clean floor and became lost in his thoughts. Everything was so messed up. He wanted to apologise to Minji, to make it right. He still remembered the hurt expression on her face that day when they met outside the florist's and he remembered watching her go together with Mingyu on the day he made the mistake… 
 
All because he was too late. 
 
Sighing, he opened up another one of the children's activity book he had bought at the pharmacy. Today's game was word search. Oh the joy. 
 
"Kwon Soonyoung?" He heard his name being called before he could start on the topic of Food. He stopped tapping his foot and looked up expectedly. 
 
"You can go see her now, but do know that her condition isn't at it's best," 
 
Soonyoung nodded, got up and brushed his pants. Then, he disappeared into the quiet room. 
 
-----
 
Ninth Line minus Soonyoung had resumed their meetings in Jihoon's basement. Jihoon had invited Jieun and Jinah over too, secretly hoping that maybe one of them would find him attractive. The kids had been spending the entire afternoon doing up posters for Minji's elections. 
 
"These are the last of it," Jieun held up the last of the many posters they had painstakingly made. 
 
Minji took a glance at it and a big smile formed on her tired face. 
 
"Thanks for helping out guys," Minji patted all of them on their backs. 
 
She looked at the finished poster again and giggled at the stupid title: "Vote Jung Minji: because you're worth it" 
 
-----
 
Soonyoung had started solving all the word search activities, he was now at the topic of Occupations. What an accomplishment. He waited for her to wake up so he could talk to her again and hopefully she'd remember who he was. 
 
But he wasn't lucky today. She slept through the whole visiting session. 
 
So, he got up and decided that he could use the extra time to go home and change before reporting to his usual part time jobs. 
 
-----
 
"Hang on, I've got a call," Jihoon held up on of his palms and used his free hand to accept a skype call on his ipad. 
 
"Hello?" A familiar voice called from the ipad. 
 
Jisoo. 
 
Everyone scrambled to get a seat around Jihoon. 
 
"Hey, dipsh*t," Jihoon shouted. Everyone else said their greetings. 
 
"Who's he?" Jinah whispered quietly to Mingyu who was beside her. Jieun, too, turned to look at Mingyu, awaiting his answer. 
 
"My best friend," 
 
Jinah's mouth formed a small 'o'. 
 
"How are you?" Mingming spoke to the small Jisoo on the screen. 
 
"Life's been great! In fact, my friends are over at my house now. This is Michael," The screen turned to show a blonde boy with icy blue eyes. Michael flashed a crooked smile and spoke in english, "Hello,"  Jinah spazzed silently beside Mingyu, slapping him. Mingyu pushed her off. 
 
Jisoo continued, "And this is Mikayla," He turned the screen to show a beautiful girl. She had gorgeous brown wavy locks with a touch of pink at the ends. Mikayla gave a shy wave and showed a cute dimple on her right cheek. 
 
"I see some new faces," Jisoo looked at Jieun and Jinah. 
 
"Oh hi! I'm Jinah and this is Jieun. We're Minji's friends," Jinah yelled. 
 
"You do know that he can hear you even if you talk at normal volume?" Mingyu told Jinah as he rubbed his right ear. 
 
"Don't be mean to a pretty girl," Jihoon slapped Mingyu. 
 
Jinah stuck out her tongue at Mingyu who rolled his eyes. 
 
"Anyway, I called to tell you that I might be going to Seoul for the holidays!!" Jisoo exclaimed. 
 
"ARE YOU SERIOUS. DUDE!" Jihoon got up and did his happy dance, this time adding in more complex moves. He made sure that Jinah was looking, then he smirked and winked at her. 
 
"I'm sorry but you're not my style," Jinah said quietly. 
 
Jihoon gasped, "Why! Why does such a beautiful young lady reject a beautiful young man like me?" He dramatically hit his forehead before plopping down, not so gracefully, on Mingming's lap. Mingming simply just pushed him off. 
 
"God, Jihoon," Jisoo tried sounding annoyed but a smile formed on his countenance, "Haha, I miss you guys so much," 
 
"Then come here quick because we miss you too," Jihoon yelled from the floor. 
 
Jisoo did a thumbs-up before bidding good bye because he needed to work on some project with his 2 gorgeous friends. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: Hi I have reappeared. This chapter is really short sorry omg I'll make the next one longer.