Chapter 1

My boyfriend has a band

@gwiyomiseok : soonyoung hyung did it again! first place in our zone! 

 

[99+ retweets 150 favourites]

 

-----------------

 

@hansoy : guys we did it! First! thanks to @s00ny0ung1 

 

[19 retweets 200 favourites] 

 

------------------

 

@s00ny0ung1 : good job team! 

 

[130 retweets 200 favourites] 

 

------------------

 

"Soccer team won again," I chewed on my food while scrolling through my phone. 

 

"Why am I not surprised. Of course they would, they've got Soonyoung on their team," Jihoon pointed his chopsticks at me. 

 

I scrolled through my timeline once again, ignoring all the congratulation messages because this wasn't new. Then, I felt a slobbery kiss on my cheek. I looked up. Hong Jisoo. 

 

"What the hell, Jisoo. Get over me." I rolled my eyes, pushing him away. He just smiled. 

 

"Are you guys back together or..?" Jihoon eyed us both suspiciously. 

 

I shook my head and kicked Jisoo's feet under the table. He yelped. 

 

"What? It's friendly." Jisoo justified and went to kiss Ming Ming on the cheek. 

 

"Ew, HYUNGGG" Ming Ming wiped his cheek, then proceeded to rub his hand on Jisoo's shirt. 

 

"Shut up guys, Mingyu's coming." Jihoon pushed his hands on both their faces. 

 

Mingyu approached us, wearing his famous leather skinny jeans and muscle tank. His black hair styled perfectly to the side, piercings on his right ear visible. 

 

"Sup," He sat down next to me, pushing me to the side as he did. Tsk. 

 

The other boys greeted him. 

 

"Guys, I heard that the main subject this year for mid-terms is music. They're going to make us compose songs and stuff," Mingyu said and leaned in. We followed suit. 

 

"Awesome that!" Ming Ming exclaimed. His korean wasn't perfect because he just moved here from China. They decided to recruit him into the band at last minute because he rocked the bass during our new year party and also because he has a nice face. 

 

That was great news because composing was my thing and I was sure that I would ace the assignment. Another credit point for me. I thought. Credit points are when you do well in school and they award you extra points for your final grade. You can get them by doing well in exams or taking up a leadership role in school. I'm all about credit points so I'm thinking of running for student body president. It's easy for me to get that role because I'm literally friends with everyone. (I've worked out my plan of earning the most credit points ever since i entered high school so i made it a point to be nice to everyone so that they'd vote for me during the elections) My plan was almost flawless, except that I've never talked to a particular person in school. That person was walking into the cafeteria at this moment, football in hand. 

 

----------------

 

"Now to add my finishing touches…" I mumbled as I concentrated on my drawing of a flower garden. It was just before Music lesson and we were waiting for Ms Han to arrive. I've been drawing a meadow on Soonyoung's notebook. As usual, he wasn't paying attention, he just kind of stared at the garden. 

 

"Alright, class. Settle down now." Ms Han announced, placing the stack of music books she was carrying on her desk. I sat up straight. 

 

"I've an announcement to make. As you all may already know, the main subject for the mid-terms is Music." She paused for awhile as she waited for the class musicians (i.e members of ninth line and other musically gifted people) to stop high-fiving each other and cheering. "Your assignment is to form groups of 2 and compose and write a full song. I expect you all to use the techniques I have taught you in class to complete it." 

 

Groups of two. I thought. Soonyoung. I needed to get his vote for the elections. I needed to befriend him too. I glanced at him. He was completing the meadow, drawing in small tulips. I glanced at Mingyu. He was already looking my way. 

 

"Us?" Mingyu mouthed. We used "us" to tell each other that we'd group up together in class. I shook my head. His face fell, "Why?" 

 

"Credit points." I mouthed back, pointing at Soonyoung who was sprawled over his notebook. Mingyu pouted. Reluctantly, he lifted an "okay" sign and then went on asking Jihoon if they could pair up. 

 

"Class. I've decided to let you all choose your group members so that you would be comfortable with each other and submit a fabulous piece. You can start pairing up now," Ms Han said. 

 

I tapped on Soonyoung's shoulder, "Hi." That was a huge step for me because I've never talked to him other than when i needed to borrow stationery from him. 

 

He waved his fingers. I breathed in. 

 

"Do you wanna… pair up?.. maybe?" I continued. Please please please i need my points. 

 

He shrugged, "Sure, why not." 

 

"Great! Now how much do i need to pay you." I started taking out my wallet. 

 

"What?" He questioned. 

 

"You know, so that you'd actually put in effort and time for this project," I took out $10 bills, placing them on his desk. 

 

He took them and kept them in his bag, "That'll be enough."