Chapter 10

My boyfriend has a band
"So what was that about?" Minji asked her date as they sat on the bench, swinging their legs. Back, front, back, front.
 
"Nothin much. I think they want you to go over there later," Soonyoung covered up for the Mingyu who was clearly flustered just now. 
 
Minji nodded and then stood up, taking her things, "Okay, I guess I'll see you around in school?" 
 
Soonyoung followed suit and nodded, "Do you want me to walk you home?"
 
"No thanks. I'm going to Jihoon's basement anyway," Minji looked up at the boy and waved before turning to walk. 
 
"Are you mine now?" Soonyoung called out. Minji stopped in her tracks and turned to look at him.
 
"Maybe," Minji smirked, "Not yet," 
 
Soonyoung scoffed. 
 
 
-----
 
Ninth Line minus Soonyoung sat on the mattresses in Jihoon's basement. Mingyu kicking a pillow while Mingming and Jihoon just looked sadly at him. Jihoon had his ipad in hand, scrolling through Ninth Line's twitter. 
 
@leeminjung: @OfficialNinthLine Can't wait for your performance on Saturday!
 
@ilikepopcornand9thline: @OfficialNinthLine I'm bringing popcorn to watch you!!
 
@hana12: @OfficialNinthLine I really miss Jisoo! Do you guys still stay in touch? 
 
As if planned, right after Jihoon read the last tweet, he got a Skype call. He checked the caller: HongJeesoo. His face lit up immediately as he tapped the "Accept" button. The boys had promised to stay in touch before Jisoo left so they decided to create Skype accounts. 
 
The video on the screen showed a smiley Jisoo lying down on a grassy patch. He waved. Jihoon nudged Mingming to look and Mingming smiled and said, "Hi hyung!!" 
 
"Where are you?" Jihoon asked, bringing the ipad closer to his face. 
 
"I'm in my backyard. It's really nice out here and the people are so welcoming,  I even made some new friends." Jisoo said as he circled around his backyard showing the swing set on the corner and his huge house. 
 
"Take me there some day," Mingming told Jihoon. 
 
"Where's Mingyu?" Jisoo asked, noticing that it was a little less noisy than usual. 
 
Jihoon pointed to the ground beside him and then tapped on Mingyu's shoulder, "Say Hi. It's Jisoo," 
 
"WAAAAAMF" Mingyu grumbled into a pillow. 
 
"Sorry, what?" Jihoon asked, taking the pillow away from the boy's face. 
 
"I said 'Whyyyy'" Mingyu looked up at his short friend, frowning. 
 
Jisoo moved closer to the camera so only his big eyes were captured on the screen, his eyebrows furrowed, "What's wrong?" 
 
"We kind of bumped into Soonyoung and Minji on a date and-"
 
"OOOOOMMFF" The pillow whined again. 
 
"What?" Jihoon snatched the pillow off Mingyu's head. 
 
"SHUT UP," Mingyu started kicking the pillow again. 
 
Jihoon shrugged and Mingming sighed. Jisoo frowned, empathising with his friend. 
 
"A date? Yah, they could have went on a date but they're probably not in a relationship yet," Jisoo thought out loud, this time adjusting himself on the swing set. 
 
Mingyu's ears perked up at this. He sat up straight and snatched the ipad away from Jihoon much to Jihoon's annoyance. 
 
"YOU'RE A GENIUS" Mingyu exclaimed, kissing the camera. 
 
"Please control this freak," Jisoo leaned back. Mingming pushed Mingyu off and wiped the screen with his ever so handy pack of Kleenex. 
 
"But what do I do?" Mingyu's face fell thinking about this. 
 
"Win her over," Jisoo said simply, "Aren't you going to dedicate a number to her?" 
 
"So I should continue that?" Mingyu was hesitant, "What if they're already together-together? Then wouldn't-"
 
"Why don't we ask her now?" Jihoon shouted trying to cover up for his friend. Minji was standing at the doorstep, smiling while waving. 
 
Mingyu cleared his throat and frantically asked, "When did you come?" 
 
"Um since just now?" Minji shurgged, taking off her sneakers. 
 
"Hey! It's Jisoo!" Minji spotted her friend's face on the screen and ran towards the boys. 
 
"I miss you!" Minji continued as she pushed Mingyu away. 
 
"You still haven't answered me, I asked when did-" Mingyu was cut off by Jisoo who was coughing rather loudly. He turned to his friend on the other side of the world, his eyes asking What? Jisoo stared back, willing Mingyu to ask about Minji's relationship status. Mingyu's mouth formed a small 'o'. 
 
"I mean, where's your boyfriend, Soonyoung?" To Mingyu, it felt strange calling Soonyoung Minji's boyfriend. He thought that that place belonged to him and only him. 
 
"He went home and he's not my boyfriend. Just my date for today," Minji explained slowly. 
 
Mingyu beamed, and threw himself at her. Minji patted his back awkwardly, looking at the other boys for an explanation. Jihoon and Mingming bro-fisted and Jisoo winked. Minji looked at Jisoo and mouthed 'What?' 
 
Jisoo pointed down towards his laptop and imitated typing on a keyboard. Minji got the message, she brought the ipad closer to her, ignoring Mingyu who was jumping on the mattresses for joy. 
 
HongJeesoo at 8:17pm: Give him a chance. 
 
-----
 
Lovely Day was once again packed with people, this time with fans of the heartthrob Kwon Soonyoung and his soccermates. Soonyoung and I weren't officially together but it was understood between us that we were, kind of. Right now I was sitting in the corner of the club/cafe with Soonyoung's soccer mates and Jieun, Wonwoo's girlfriend. Ninth Line were getting ready on the stage.
 
The soccer boys were talking about the hot girls in the club. Typical. 
 
"Damn look at Min Jungah," Seungcheol hollered at this girl in a tight dress that barely covered her bum.  
 
"I heard that she has a thing for Soonyoung," Wonwoo winked at me. 
 
It didn't really bother me that much because I trusted Soonyoung not to let his hormones take over him. 
 
Seokmin's arms suddenly found my shoulders and he now had his hands around me, "It's okay. You've got me," I could smell a tinge of alcohol from his mouth. No one really cared about underage drinking in Lovely Day.
 
He leaned in (TOO) close to me and wriggled his eyebrows before saying, "Hey did you know that I'm looking for treasure?" 
 
I leaned away and nodded slowly, "Yeah?" 
 
"Can I look through your chest?" He smirked before leaning in close to me and- 
 
"Get your hands off my girl, you " Soonyoung smacked Seokmin before pulling us apart. Thank god. 
 
Soonyoung took a seat next to me and smiled before greeting his friends. 
 
"It's okay. The loon's drunk," I pointed to Seokmin who was now playing with Hansol's hair while asking him why he had a squirrel on his head. Soonyoung laughed, shaking his head. 
 
A waitress came by with a plate of shrimp and Doyoon stopped her, "Yo I want one," 
 
She came by our table and Doyoon dipped it in a sauce before he inhaled 6 in one bite, "COLA PLEASE COLA," He started choking on the shrimp which was dipped in extra spicy sauce, now that the waitress explained. Doyoon ordered her as he pointed towards the refreshments table. She just rolled her eyes and walked away. 
 
"Such bad quality service!" Seunggwan spat at her before patting Doyoon on his back. Seungcheol offered Doyoon his drink which he gladly gulped down. 
 
The soccer boys were a fun bunch, really. 
 
~
 
It was now 7:58pm. 2 more minutes to Ninth Line's performance. The soccermates and I went to the front of the stage, instantly hogging the mini "mosh pit" much to the annoyance of Jungah and her posse. 
 
Jihoon adjusted the strap of his guitar strap. Mingming checked his amp. Mingyu took a seat behind his drumset. Soonyoung adjusted the mic stand before clearing his throat, "So um-" 
 
"CONFIDENCE, GRASSHOPPER" Mingyu shouted from the back earning chuckles from the crowd. 
 
"Okay. Sorry bout that," Soonyoung continued, "We're Ninth Line and the first song is Dead to me. Enjoy!" 
 
Jihoon started rocking on his guitar as the guitar solo came on. His small adoring fanclub cheered for him at the side. The beats of the drums shook the ground once again and the gig was in full swing. Soonyoung sang the lyrics as if he'd known it forever, with so much passion. The soccer boys and I swayed from side to side, whooping and cheering loudly for the bands. 
 
"Guys guys, Let's do a fanchant!" Junhui suggested. We all nodded. 
 
"On  the count of three," Seungcheol leaded. We all counted in our heads. 
 
"KWON SOONYOUNG! LEE JIHOON! YAO MINGMING! KIM MINGYU!-" We shouted out in unison. 
 
"NINTH LINE DAEBAK!" I finished off. Doyoon ruffled my hair and Soonyoung flashed a smile in our direction. Soon, their first song ended. They bowed before getting off the stage for a short break. 
 
We were all kind of thirsty after all the shouting and singing so we decided to get some drinks. Dongjin, Chan, Hansol and I brought back fruit punch (alcohol free! coughseokmincough) to the table.  
 
"Where's Wonwoo?" I asked taking a seat.
 
Junhui pointed to the screen on stage. Apparently, Wonwoo was on the Kiss Cam with Jieun. Oh, god why. Lovely Day had this Kiss Cam thing and I am really against it. 
 
"Woah woah, Look at that," The MC's loud voice filled the speakers. 
 
Wonwoo opened his eyes and they both pulled away. He started cursing at the camera. See, someone else totally hates the Kiss Cam. 
 
"That's not cool man," The MC said again. Wonwoo gave him the finger and then gave Jieun a small peck on the cheek. 
I didn't know Jieun that well but she seems like a really sweet girl. But i don't know. 
 
I jumped when I felt someone tap on my shoulder. I turned around, "What are you doing here don't you have another number?" It was Soonyoung. 
 
"Nope. Mingyu said he didn't need me for this stage so I'm here," Soonyoung dipped a cracker in some sauce before crunching on it. 
 
"HOT HOT HOT HOT," He suddenly jumped, fanning his mouth. The boys around the table started laughing at him. 
 
"I'll get you a drink," 
 
"Thank you, Minji," Soonyoung started smacking everyone of them while breathing in like a dragon. 
 
I scurried away.
 
~
 
The drink table was at the other end of the cafe so it took me quite some time to get to it considering the amount of people I had to squeeze through. I soon came face to face with the drinks and a long line leading to it. Great. I went to queue up, tapping my foot impatiently. I guess Jisoo's habit of not liking to wait rubbed off on me. 
 
I was halfway through the line before I heard "oohs" coming from the crowd. I looked around but I couldn't see what was going on because the people all towered over me. 
 
I looked over to the stage where Mingyu was waving his arms at me, frantically. 
 
"What?" I yelled over the loud music. 
 
He made his hands into a big cross before pointing to the screen behind him, "DONT LOOK BEHIN-" 
 
But it was too late, the kiss cam was showing someone else. 
 
Someone I trusted a lot. 
 
Kwon Soonyoung was engaged in a full on lip lock with that girl, Jungah. I couldn't see what was going on clearly, because she had pinned him to the wall and all I could see was her body. 
 
My stomach twisted. I felt a lump rise in my throat. I looked up at Mingyu who was on the stage, yelling at the MC to "cut it out" Jihoon and Mingming desperately tried using their bodies to cover up the screen. My vision blurred as I dropped the cup of fruit punch on the floor. 
 
I ran away, head spinning. I felt stupid because I knew that technically Soonyoung and I weren't together-together and he was allowed to do whatever he wanted with his single self. But I felt betrayed too. I exited the club and instantly a rush of cold air hit me. I started to run. Where? I didn't know. 
 
"MINJI!" Someone called from behind me. I was expecting it to be Soonyoung. Soonyoung wanting to explain that what I saw wasn't him. But it was just Mingyu. 
 
He ran towards me. I continued running away but he caught up. 
 
"Damn your long legs," I cursed silently as Mingyu shrugged off his jacket and put it over me. 
 
We walked back to my home in silence, his arms wrapped around me in a comforting embrace. 
 
----
 
Mingyu and I were now sitting on my sofa. Me bawling into his shirt, yet again. 
 
"I just don't understand," I cried out and blew my nose into a tissue. Mingyu nodded and brushed my hair away from my face. 
 
"I want to hate him but he's just so hot," I sobbed ugly sobs. 
 
"But I'm hotter, right?" Mingyu tried making a joke. I hit his chest. He hugged me tighter. 
 
"You know, I actually prepared a special stage today," Mingyu said out of the blue. I nodded weakly. 
 
"It was a song dedication actually-" Mingyu continued. 
 
"Oh the one that Soonyoung told me about," I burst out into tears again, "SOONYOUNG" 
 
Mingyu tsk-ed before saying, "I wanted to sing you a song. Not my song but a cover," 
 
I looked at him with my puffy eyes, "Really? I'm sorry. I ruined your chances of singing," I cried again. 
 
"Hey it's okay," Mingyu rubbed my back, comfortingly. 
 
"Sorry," I whispered into his chest. 
 
"I could sing it to you now. If you want," He said softly. I nodded. 
 
I didn't know he could sing. But he sang well. His voice was lovely just like his heart. 
 
------
 
 
 
 
A/N: OH NO WHAT HAVE I DONE