Hyungs Come to the Rescue

Breaking Into Your Shell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Maybe, just maybe, our Kyuhyunnie can find his true love sometimes soon, the loving older brothers smiled as they thought of the happiest possibility for their youngest brother. Until that day came, they’d just patiently wait.

……………………………………….

“Tsk. So much for your stupid waiting.” At the right corner about 10 meters away from where Kyuhyun was standing, were his bandmates who were hiding and watching him from afar. Heechul who was at the front tsked in annoyance at both the magnae who was still so clueless about his own feelings and the other members who stupidly decided to let him be. Back when he and Kangin were still in the army, the members often told them about this new girl their magnae seemed to be interested in. He already knew it wouldn’t get anywhere when they proudly declared they were going to let Kyuhyun work on it by himself without their interference. And now that he’s discharged and has seen things with his own eyes, it was confirmed that what he feared was right all along. “Two years and I see no development in relationship of any sort yet. I bet the kid hasn’t figured out what’s been freaking going on inside his heart yet.”

“Aigoo… We just thought that maybe if we left him alone, he’d figure it out by himself soon enough. Who knows magnae’s that clueless about relationship?” Eunhyuk helplessly complained as he watched Kyuhyun standing there without any intention to go in and start a conversation.

“So what to do now, hyung? We keep on waiting?” Ryeowook worriedly asked as he, too, was looking at the lonely figure in front of the vending machine. Even though Kyuhyun never admitted it, the members know that he was actually very lonely all by himself. And whenever Hyerin came into the picture, his loneliness was shown in his eyes ever more clearly. Oh, how much he wants to go and talk to her. It would all be better if he just knew what he wants.

“What waiting? I’m done waiting. You wait for another 10 years and your stupid little bro still won’t make a single move.” Heechul stated with some exaggerations, although reality didn’t seem that much different. “Just watch me, comrades. Heenim’s coming to the rescue. Now who’s on board?”

“Everyone, General!” Siwon excitedly replied with this formal gesture soldiers usually do, causing Heechul to flash out an evil grin, with some evil plots ready to come along.

“Well, then. Off we go. I got some plans waiting to be executed.” With that, Heechul left their hiding spot and his dongsaengs excitedly followed.

……………………………………….

One fine afternoon, when Heechul was loitering inside SM building as he had some free time and was in the process of deciding what to do with it, he accidently heard Hyerin’s manager talking on the phone with the girl. Eavesdropping is not good…oh screw that, it’s for magnae’s sakes only. Since the phone conversation sounded rather interesting and beneficial for his plots, against his better judgments, Heechul decided to listen in on it.

“It’s the higher ups’ decision, Hyerin-ah. And I think it’s good for you to move, too.”

………

“Ok. Thank you for understanding. Anyway, I’m still suggesting you stay with me. My place is large enough and I can take care of you more easily that way.”

………

“You know you won’t be a burden. Hmmph. Alright. If you insist. I’ll try to find a proper place for you as soon as possible.”

………

“Ok. Bye. And oh, take a good rest. Ok? There’s a movie première you have to attend tomorrow” With concerning look, Eunjung hung up the phone.

Just by listening to Eunjung’s side of the conversation, Heechul was pretty much able to make some guesses about what was going on already. So Hyerin needs a place to stay…, just as he thought so, a recent piece of information he just go a few days ago suddenly clicked in. Seeing how these two pieces of information can be such a great fortune, Heechul grinned victoriously before he made his way towards the female manager faking an innocent look on his face.

“Hey, Eunjung-ah. What are you doing spacing out here? And what’s with the sour face? You look even older making such a face, just so you know.” There, the infamous sarcastic Heenim made his move again, and of course, there’s no way he went easy on Miss Eunjung who have been friends with him for several years now, although she was slightly older than him.

“Shut up. I’ll still be pretty no matter how old I am.” Eunjung retorted back at Heechul. They’re not that much of close friends, but not that much of strangers either. And given Heechul’s outgoing personalities, it’s not difficult to be on friendly terms with him.

“So what’s the problem exactly to make our company’s most high-spirited manager to make that face?”

“Hmm. It’s about Hyerin moving to a new place. I’m sure you’ve heard she’s not from Seoul. Right? And so for all these years, she’s been living in an apartment near her university which is very far from the company. But now that she’s graduated, the management wanted her to move to somewhere nearby. And now I have to start looking for an apartment since she refused to stay with me.” And with that last sentence, Eunjung made a sour face again. She thought it would be great to have Hyerin stay with her, for she knew the girl wasn’t that good at taking care of herself.

“Yah, Babo! You should have come to me in the first place then. Is there anything a networking god like Heenim can’t deal with? Yah, aren’t we friends? Geez, this woman, really.”

“Huh, really, Heechul-ah? You know a good place I can get?”

“Of course, I do.” Replied Heechul, feigning annoyance. “Recently a couple on the 10th floor of the building the kids and I are living in have just moved out. Shouldn’t you try taking a look there while the apartment’s still vacant?” Leave it to Heenim to know something like that when a typically super star wouldn't have time to bother about such things, and how he got all this information, it’s still a mystery.

“Really? Oh, thank you, Heechul-ah. I was having a hard time trying to find a suitable place. Oh, am I glad to see to you today.”

“Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Now hurry up and go check it out before somebody else take it.”

“Ok. I’ll be going then. See you later, Heechul-ah.”

“Ok. Good luck.” Heechul waited till Eunjung completely disappeared out of his sight before fishing out his phone out of his pocket and dialed a number he knew by heart.

“Yes, hyung?”

“Donghae-ah, tell the others our original plan’s cancelled. Something better is coming up. Get ready for a housewarming party in the next few days. Give you details later.” Before Donghae could utter a word in response, Heechul hung up and grinned to himself.

“Yah, is it ok for luck to always come running my way like that? Aish, I’m guilty.” Said Heechul happily with a not so guilty expression as he walked out to the parking lot. Life sure is fun. Victory to those who plan.

……………………………………….

“We’ll come pick you up when it’s all over, Okay?”

“Okay.” As Hyerin quickly responded to her manager, she got off the company’s Limo and started walking down the red carpet with a smile on her face. It was a huge movie première and judging by the surprised look on people waiting alongside the carpet, she knew people didn’t expect her to be there. Well, she wasn’t surprised about that because she actually had anything to do with the movie or knew any actors playing in it at all. The reason she was here was because her agency wanted her to be in the spotlight more often, so they got ways for her to be invited to the event. The trip towards the movie theatre was quite long, and along the way she felt that she was quite welcome by the audience although they were surprised at first.

After passing the reporters, and greeting other celebrities along the way, Hyerin found herself a seat on the forth row. She sighed to herself in relief as she was informed the movie would start in a few minutes. She may not be a fan of such big events, but she didn’t have much problem suppressing her nervousness either, for she was quite immune to people’s judgments thanks to all those gossips going on about her.

As she was patiently waiting for the movie to start, two figures walked in and took two seats next to hers, making her jumped a little at the suddenness. Hyerin turned to see who they were and she was even more surprised to see the person sitting right beside her.

“Sun – Sunbae-nim!” Of all people and it had to be Cho Kyuhyun who had just witnessed a scene she made a few days ago, and next to him was Choikang Changmin of TVXQ. Having no other choice, she hurriedly called them and bowed to them in her seat.

“Hey, you’re invited, too?” Kyuhyun replied nonchalantly as he looked at her and Hyerin said yes in response. He was here because Changmin was close to the lead actor, and he was granted to bring along a friend, who just had to be Kyuhyun of all people.

“Hey, Hyerin-ah. It’s good to see you here.” Changmin cheerfully greeted her, and looked at his best friend who had a straight face on. He snickered to himself as he remembered how Kyuhyun suggested they seat on this row because it’s easier to look at the screen. Tsk. What a lame excuse, Changmin shook his head as he thought so. He wasn’t stupid enough to not notice his best friend’s unusual reactions whenever Hyerin’s around, and what with the commotions other SJ members have been making among themselves, it’s all too obvious.

“It’s good to see you here, too, Sunbae-nim.”  And with that the movie started, so they all just watched it in silent.

It was only twenty minutes into the story line when everyone started crying. Of course, the movie was famous for its melodramatic senses. It features many strong emotions, especially the sad ones. So everyone were meant to feel them as they watched the movie. Well, not exactly everyone was crying, though, because there was a certain someone who lived up to her reputation for not crying, and another someone who couldn’t fully concentrate on the movie because his attention was averted to the person on his left. To put it simply, Kyuhyun just ignored Changmin who was now hiccupping because of all this crying, and quietly, and carefully, observed Hyerin whose eyes were fixed on the screen, no tears were visible on her face. She had this stern look on and she looked as if she was clenching her teeth, but Kyuhyun wasn’t sure if that really was the case until he looked down and saw that she had her fists clenched tight as if she was struggling against these emotions she was supposed to feel. Kyuhyun’s eyes were wide opened as he felt he just discovered something new. So she’s been fighting it? But why does she have to do that? Isn’t it more difficult to hold it in? Millions of questions ran through his head in that i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter