Epilogue: Sweet Bickering Ever After

Breaking Into Your Shell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Whoa! What a scene. We can feel the tension from way downstairs.” Changmin exclaimed half-jokingly the moment he, Yunho, Minho and Lee Jonghyun entered the Super Junior’s 11th floor’s dorm and saw what was happening inside the said apartment.

Well, anyone would have said something similar if they were to come into a silent battle between two full-fledged adults – one being the Super Junior’s magnae, Cho Kyuhyun, and the other being the now rising solo singer, Park Hyerin – while other people were sitting or standing around awkwardly, not really sure if they should step foot in the battlefield and approach either of the two.

It was, in fact, Leeteuk’s birthday today, the first one to be celebrated with the members after his discharge from the military. Yunho and Changmin were invited, as long time friends, to their very small party as they didn’t feel like making it grand this year, but the latter happened to be hanging out with Jonghyun and Minho when Donghae called. That was why the other two also tagged along.

“What’s going on here?” Jonghyun asked as he sat on the left arm of Kyuhyun’s armchair while the latter was busy directing an irritating scowl at his opponent, his hands absently Oscar on his laps. Hyerin, on the other hand, fixed her eyes on TV with a poker face and acted as if Kyuhyun wasn’t present in the room.

“That ahjumma is being ridiculous. Who in their right mind would snuggle with a lifeless stuffed animal all day and night like that?” Kyuhyun started, feeling even more annoyed remembering how the person in question would carry the said stuffed animal around every single minute she was home. Well, he was exaggerating it, but it wasn’t that far off from reality, anyway. And now his scowl deepened when Hyerin began paying attention to the new comers while she had been ignoring him all day long.

“Ya, ahjussi, just because I love Toothless more doesn’t mean you have the right to be jealous.” The girl furrowed her brows as she retorted, finally giving Kyuhyun some attention.

“Tsk. The nerve.” Kyuhyun clicked his tongue and stared at Hyerin even harder.

“Shut up. Just tell me where you’re hiding my Toothless already, or else have fun staying out of a two meter radius from me, ahjussi.”

Some of the guys in the dorm shook their heads as they amusingly continued to watch the fight, while some just went about their own businesses, for this bickering between the couple was nothing new to them. Not even to DBSK or Kyuline members who were ones of the few who were let in on this little secret of their relationship.

No one remembered exactly when the couple started calling each other by ahjussi and ahjumma, but all they could remember was that it started with one of the teases of the recurring topic of Kyuhyun hating being called oppa by his girlfriend. It was one of those moments when Hyerin jokingly asked if he wanted to be called ahjussi instead, to which Kyuhyun protested even more stating that he wasn’t that old. Well, being a tease as she was, she started calling him ahjussi since, causing Kyuhyun to call her ahjumma as the get-back. After a while, they both resigned to the idea of protesting against the title and started to feel that it was natural for them to call each other so. And so without realizing it, ahjumma and ahjussi became the couple’s pet names for each other instead of those sweet nicknames like Honey or Sweetie Pie that they both couldn’t stand.

“My Toothless this, my Toothless that. Can’t you be any less ridiculous, ahjumma? Look, even Oscar doesn’t like that stuffed dragon. He even peed on it once.”

“Oscar used to be very well-behaved before. It’s you who’ve been teaching him bad stuffs, ahjussi.”

“You’ve been neglectful. Don’t blame it on others, ahjumma.”

“Now, now. Calm down, kiddos.” The leader finally cut in to pacify them, for they didn’t seem to end their little fight soon judging by the look of it, and it was gonna get ugly if Ryeowook came in with the cake and snack only to find that the couple was still fighting. The latter hated it when his food couldn’t be fully enjoyed because of some trifle fights, and Kyuhyun would most likely be the receiving end of his wrath when that happened.

“Hey, Hyerin-ah. If you love the Night Fury so much, I can always get you a new one, you know.” Siwon who was sitting nearby offered with a gentleman’s smile, ignoring the fact that a certain boyfriend was glaring daggers at him, but Hyerin shook her head, still paying no mind to the said boyfriend.

“Nah, I don’t want a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter