IILWMTA - Chapter 6

I'm In Love With My Teacher's Assistant

 

Chapter 6

~Christmas afternoon~

Ryeowook runs around his room as he finishes getting dressed. It was finally Christmas and Ryeowook was so happy that was going to spend it with his parents. It’s been a little while since he seen them. The last time he actually seen them face to face was on his birthday. Shaking his head of the thought, Ryeowook continues getting dressed.

Hearing a car horn blow, Ryeowook grabs his phone before turning off his room light. Running out the room and to the front, Ryeowook turns off the lights. After putting on his shoes, Ryeowook moves to check himself over in the mirror. “Okay, I’m good.” he whispers as he puts on his coat. He then watches out the apartment.

As he locks the door, Ryeowook looks toward Yesung’s apartment. Yesung left yesterday afternoon to go to his parents’. Ryeowook sighs. “Ah, I wish I could have seen him this morning.” he says before turning and walking down the stairs. “Merry Christmas.” Ryeowook greets Kwang and Doojin who waited for him with the black car.

“Ah, Merry Christmas Mr. Kim.” the two greet back. Ryeowook smiles. “Ah, so will you two be spending Christmas with your families and friends today too?” Ryeowook asks as they get into the car. The two nod. “Of course. You’re parents let everyone go home for the holiday.” Doojin says as the car pulls off.

“We’re only going to be dropping you off at the house today. Your parents should be bringing you home.” Kwang says. Ryeowook nods. “Oh, that’s good.” he says. About twenty minutes later the car arrives in front of a white house. Smiling, Ryeowook gets out the car. “Okay guys. Have a nice holiday.” he says to the two before turning and walking up to the house.

The door immediately opens as he steps onto the porch revealing a woman with long blond hair. With that the black car pulls off. “Hello Auntie Hei.” Ryeowook greets walking into the house. The woman smiles. “Hey Ryeowook. It’s been awhile.” she says hugging him. Hei wasn’t Ryeowook reveal Aunt, but she was close to it.

Ryeowook follows Hei down the hall after taking off his coat and shoes. Hei was actually Ryeowook’s mom’s closest friend turned assistant. Hei has been around for as long as Ryeowook could remember. The same goes for Jin who was he’s dad’s assistant. The two also spent holidays with them.

Ryeowook follows Hei into a living room to see a woman and man sits together on a couch talking with another man who sat on the couch opposite from them. “Umma, Appa, Uncle Jin.” Ryeowook greets. The three immediately stand up and moves to hug him. “Ah, glad you’re here.” Mr. Kim says.

Mrs. Kim smiles. “Ah, becoming more pretty each day.” she says pinching Ryeowook cheeks. Ryeowook pouts a little. “Umma.” he says rubbing his cheeks. Mrs. Kim smiles before hugging her son again. “Ah, I miss the days when you would run around the house playing dress up.” she says. Jin looks at her. “Don’t you mean the days you used to dress him up in girl clothes and parade him around the house showing him off.” he says making the others laugh.

Mrs. Kim puffs out her cheeks. “Well Ryeowook liked playing along with me, so ha.” she says sticking her tongue out at Jin. Ryeowook lets out a laugh. He loved his parents. They had random moments when they’ll start acting like little kids, especially his mom. He loved it because it was always fun when he was around them.

“Okay all, time to eat.” Mr. Kim says. The others no before following him down the hall. “Oh, I’ll be right back.” Mrs. Kim says before turning and running back to the living room. The other four continues to walk until they come to the dining. There was a long table that could sit about 20. At one of the ends, five plates were already arranged for them.

As Ryeowook takes the seat at the end of the table, Mr. Kim and Jin sit in the seats to his left and Hei takes one of the seats to his right. A minute later, Mrs. Kim walks in carrying a book. She then sits down in the empty seat next to Hei. After she settles into her seat the five begin to eat.

After a few minutes, Mrs. Kim looks at Ryeowook. “I got something I want you to look at.” she says. Ryeowook looks at her to see her holding up the book she carried in. Ryeowook blinks. “What is it?” he asks. Mrs. Kim smiles as hold out the book to him. Sitting down his silverware, Ryeowook takes the book.

Ryeowook flips open the book to see sketches. “Oh, Umma, are these new designs?” Ryeowook asks flipping through the pages. Mrs. Kim nods. “That’s right.” she says. Ryeowook stops and looks up at her. “Why are you showing them to me?” he asks. Mrs. Kim smiles. “Because this line will be based off of you.” she says.

Ryeowook eyes widen. “What?” he asks. Mrs. Kim nod. “That’s right. I started coming up with the designs when we seen you on your birthday.” she says. “Umma’s baby is a fashionista, who’s going to become an amazing singer.” she says. “The line will be called Rye-Style. Or you know something that ties in with you name.” she says laughing a little. Ryeowook smiles. “Thank you Umma.” he says.

“Oh, so Ryeowook, how have things been lately?” Jin asks. Ryeowook looks at him. “It’s been great.” he says. Mr. Kim looks at him. “How have the others been?” he asks. Ryeowook shakes his head. “They’ve been fine. Crazy as always.” he says. He then looks around at the four.

“Actually I’ve been wanting to tell you all something that I didn’t tell you over the phone.” he says. The four looks at him. “What is it, Ryeowook?” Mrs. Kim asks. Ryeowook clears his throat. “I have a boyfriend now.” he reveals. Mrs. Kim starts giggle like a schoolgirl making Ryeowook blush. “Really? For how long?” Jin asks.

“For about a month now.” Ryeowook says. Hei looks at him. “What’s his name?” she asks. Ryeowook looks at him. “It’s Kim JongWoon. But he goes by Yesung.” he says. The others nod. “Yesung as in meaning ‘Voice of Art’?” Mr. Kim asks. Ryeowook nods. “He’s amazing at singing.” he says. He then takes his phone out his pocket. “I have a clear recording of him singing too.” Ryeowook says pushing a few buttons on his phone. “Listen.” he says before playing the recording.

“Wow.” Hei says a minute later when the recording stops. Ryeowook smiles. “I know.” he says. He then sits his phone down next to his plate. “So how old is he and what’s his job?” Mrs. Kim asks. Ryeowook looks at her. “He’s 27. And he’s actually Heechul-Hyung’s teacher assistant who started at the end of October.” he says.

“Heechul’s teacher assistant? So how do you know him outside of school?” Jin asks. Ryeowook looks up. “Oh, because in the middle of August, he moved into the apartment next to Me.” he says. “He was also actually friends with the oldest Hyungs before. That’s why Heechul decided to chose him as his assistant.” Ryeowook explains.

“Oh, that’s great.” Hei says. Hearing a low ringing, Hei stops and pulls her phone out her pocket. “Ah, I have to take this, I’ll be right back.” she says standing up. She then walking out the room and answers the phone. Mrs. Kim looks at Ryeowook. “Soo, do you have a picture of him that I can see?” she asks.

Nodding, Ryeowook picks back up his phone and goes into his photo gallery. He then hands the phone to his mom. Going through the pictures, Mrs. Kim lets out ‘oh’s and ‘ah’s. “Wah, he’s so handsome.” she says. Ryeowook smiles. “I know right.” he says.

A minute later, Mrs. Kim looks up from the phone when she hears her name being called. At the door, Hei motioned for her to come over. Standing up, Mrs. Kim hands Ryeowook back his phone. “I’ll be right back.” she says smiling before walking over to Hei and following her out the room. Mr. Kim looks at Ryeowook. “Let me see.” he says motioning to the phone.

Handing him the phone, Ryeowook smiles. “What? Getting jealous cause Umma said he was handsome?” he asks. Mr. Kim scoffs. “Of course not.” he says before going through the pictures. Jin leans a little to the side to also look at the pictures. “Ah, he is handsome.” he says. Mr. Kim lets out a small snort. “I was just as handsome when I was his age.” he says.

Ryeowook lets out a small laugh before remembering the book in his hand. Looking through the sketches, Ryeowook smiles. Sure his mom and dad used the R and W from his name for the name of their ‘R+W Men and Women’ line, but this was the first time one of them ever used him as the main and only source of inspiration for a line. Ryeowook couldn’t help but smile brightly and feel overjoyed as he looks at the drawings.

A few minutes later, Ryeowook hears a chair scoot slightly across the floor. Looking up from the book, Ryeowook sees his dad standing you. “I’m going to go see what’s going on with your mom and Hei.” he says handing Ryeowook his phone. Ryeowook shakes his head as he closes the book and takes the phone. “No, why don’t you just relax and I’ll go see.” he suggests standing up, putting the phone in his pocket. Mr. Kim nods before sitting back down.

Smiling, Ryeowook walks out the dining room. Looking around, he sees the kitchen light on. “Ah, probably in there.” he says. As he walks closer, he sees two shadows flowing from the kitchen door way.  “Ah, I was right.” he whispers to himself. Just as he was about to walk and turn into the kitchen, he stops when he hears his mom and Hei talking.

“Hei, didn’t you tell all of them that I was busy?” Mrs. Kim’s voice asks.

“Yes, I informed everyone last week and throughout the beginning of this week at you’ll be spending tonight with your family.” Hei replies.

“Then why does everyone keep calling?”

“I don’t know.”

“Well there has to be some reason since they keep calling back to back.”

“I don’t know. I asked and they only said that got some of the wrong things sent to them.

“What am I suppose to do about that. How in the world did all these different places get the wrong items?

“I don’t know. I’ve been trying to figure that out since the first call a moment ago.”

“Well what do they want me to do?”

“They want you to come to the stores and talk about it with them face to face tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow!? Most of those stores are overseas. I would have to leave now if I apply to that.”

“I know.”

“I’m spending time with my only child. They expect me to just leave?

“I know, I know. But what else can we do?”

“…Damn it.”

Ryeowook felt his heart drop as he backs away from the doorway. “Is she really going to leave?” he asks himself before turning away. He then immediately walks back toward the dining room. “I’m sure Appa would also be against her leaving.” he whispers. Ryeowook once again stop, hearing voice talking.

“Kim, some of the mangers to your stores wants you to meet with them. Some of the different places will be holding meetings.” Jin says.

“Really? Where are that at?” Mr. Kim asks.

“The first one is in Japan.”

“What time?”

“At 6 o’clock in the morning.”

“Don’t they know I’m spending tonight with the family?”

“Yeah, I told them, but they insist you come.”

“So they just want me to pick up and leave. Not spending the rest of Christmas with my family?”

“…Basically.”

Ryeowook immediately feels himself become mad. “But today is my day.” he whispers to himself. “I never have got the chance to spend my birthdays with my parents. Today is the only day each year when I’m with them as a family, no distracts, and others want to take it away from me?” he asks himself. His grip on the sketch book in his hand tightens. “How could they? Today is my day.”

Walking into the dining room, Ryeowook moves over to the table. He then forcefully slams the book down. A startled Mr. Kim and Jin immediately look at him. “Ryeowook?” a voice asks. The said boy turns to see his mom and Hei standing in the doorway. “You can have your book back.” he snarls before pushing past the two and storming down the hall. The four adults look at each other before running after Ryeowook.

“Ryeowook!” Mr. Kim calls as they see Ryeowook at the door putting on his shoes. “Ryeowook, what’s wrong dear?” Mrs. Kim asks. Ryeowook glares at him. “What does it matter, when you’re going to leave anyways?” he asks. Both his parents stare at him. “What do you mean?” Mr. Kim asks.

“Today is Christmas, today is my day. Today is the day I wait for the most each year.” Ryeowook says. “I never even looked forward to my birthday because I was never able to spend it with you two. Christmas was the day I looked forward to the most. Why? Because it’s the day when both of you spend time with me. As a family, forgetting about the outside world! How the hell do you think I feel when I hear not one, but both of you talking about leaving?! Today is my day! My god damned day!” he shouts.

“But Ryeowook-” Mrs. Kim starts but Ryeowook cuts her off.

“I don’t care.” Ryeowook says. He then turns and grabs his coat. “Thanks for ruining another special day in my life.” he says before immediately turning and walking out the house. The fours rush out the house and onto the porch. “Ryeowook!” Mrs. Kim cries as she watches her son run down the street.

Ryeowook didn’t know how long or far he ran he just knew he had to get away. Walking down the street, Ryeowook lets the tears he was holding back fall. “Why today?” he cries gripping tighter onto the coat he held in his hand. Hearing a ringing, Ryeowook digs into his pocket and pulls out his phone.

Seeing the word ‘Umma’ appear across the screen, Ryeowook instantly presses ignore. He then turns off his phone.

~~

Immediately parking his car, Yesung gets out and dashes up the stairs to the apartment building. His heart was beating like crazy. He didn’t know what was going on. About half an hour ago when he was sitting around talking with his family after diner, he got a call from a frantic sounding Samona. It seemed Ryeowook ran away from his parents’ house and none of them could find him.

The first place they checked was the apartment but Ryeowook wasn’t there. So they begin searching other places. They also told him that whenever they tried to call Ryeowook’s phone, it went straight to voice mail. Yesung confirmed it himself when he tried. Rushing to get to the apartments, Yesung was sure he ran about ten red lights/signs and was speeding the whole way.

Once at the top of the stairs, Yesung runs to Ryeowook’s apartment door. “Oh god, please let him be here.” he whispers before banging on the door. “Ryeowook!” he shouts. Getting no answer, he bangs on the door harder. “Ryeowook!” he shouts again. Twisting the door knob, he was surprise when the door begins to open.

“Rye-” Yesung stops when he sees the boy he was shouting for sitting on the floor, his knees pulled up to his chest and his faces buried in his crossed arms. Closing the door, Yesung moves over to Ryeowook and kneels down beside him. “Ryeowook?” he asks. He then reaches out and takes hold of Ryeowook’s arm. “Why are you so cold?” he asks, he then notices Ryeowook’s coat lying on the floor next to him.

Moving Ryeowook’s arms out the way, Yesung genteelly lifts Ryeowook’s face. Tears streams down the younger boys face. “Ryeowook, what happened?” he asks. Moving forward, Ryeowook wraps his arms around Yesung’s neck and cries into his shirt. “It was supposed to be my day with them. Mine.” Ryeowook cries. Yesung wraps his arms around the crying boy. “Ryeowook you’re freezing.” he says. “Have you been walking around outside with no jacket?”

Getting no answers, Yesung lets out a small sigh. “I’ll stay with you.” he whispers. Hooking one of his arms under Ryeowook’s legs, Yesung slowly stands up. After sliding off his shoes, Yesung carries Ryeowook to his room. Softly laying him on the bed, Yesung pulls the covers over Ryeowook.

As he was about to turn and walk out the room, he feels a tug on his shirt. Turning back around, Yesung looks down at Ryeowook. “Please don’t leave him.” Ryeowook chokes out. Yesung smiles softly at him. “I won’t, okay.” he says. He then moves onto the bed next to Ryeowook. Lying down, Yesung wraps his arms around Ryeowook. “Don’t worry. I’m not going anywhere.” he whispers.

After about half an hour, Ryeowook fell asleep. Only then did Yesung move from the bed. Using this time, Yesung called the others and informed them that he was with Ryeowook so that they could stop worrying. Standing in the doorway, Yesung stares at the sleeping Ryeowook. “Ah, it hurts so much seeing you like is.” Yesung says out loud even though he knew he wasn’t going to get a reply.

“I felt kinda hopeless when I seen your tears. Really mad that I couldn’t do a lot to stop those tears and make you smile.” Yesung says. He then sighs. “Damn Ryeowook, it hasn’t even been half a year that I’ve known you, and I’m already completely in love with you. I wonder where you’re at. Aish, love at first sight is a sometimes.”

 

~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~

A.N.: And that is Chapter 6.

Please don’t kill me. I needed to add a little drama to this show. >.<

Sadly this was the idea that my mind come up with. Poor Wookie. I’m sorry. T_T

Ah, sad chapter are sometimes the worse to write because then you have to re-read it and then feel super sorry for making that happen to the characters.

Well at least that’s how it is for me sometimes. >.<

 

Anyways, hoped you enjoyed the chapter. ^_^

To apologize for this sad chapter, I will upload the next chapter soon to cheer you all up. :D

~Samona