006

Fallen of the Angelus

 

 

 

 

 

 

LANA 

 

 

“Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swamps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists.. it is real.. it is possible.. it's yours.”

- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

" I beesech you to confess to your crime, Nephilim."

"I d-did not kill him. I did not. I did not." I whispered under my breath. I was dragged into a hall full of people, who seemed to be waiting for me to be dragged down here. They all are dressed formally, like as if this was the courts. They looked at me with disgust when they jerked me in.  Remendants of the extermination still linger in both my mind and body.  I shook my head in disbelief. I did not kill him, I know I did not. I would never do that. I will ne-

"You slaughtered a child of the dark. You had flouted the accords, Nephilim. By the book, you will be rewarded with an execution. Thus, I dictum-"

"NO! I did not kill anybody. No one!" 

A dark smile crept out from the Queen's face. I almost thought that I was imagining it, but no. I wasn't. 

"Really? Do you even know who I am? Or ... even who you are?" snickered the Queen.

My lips started to form a word, but no words were coming out. I have the words, but I did not pull the trigger to shoot the words out of my mouth like bullets. It was true, what the Queen said. Do I still even know who I am?  A Lana who murdered someone? I am lost. A chill ran down my spine. I was shaking violently. 

"Lana.. Lana.. Lana..the little angel child. Whom I supposed, has a terrible fate ; living with a bunch of my beloved,children of the dark." The Queen conceitedly lifted her sharp pointed chin as she padded towards me, dragging her long chiffon gown as she did so. The Queen and I was just a few centimeters apart now. My heart was tremendously beating so fast that for a second, I thought it might burst. I told myself to be brave at all time. And this is a test the Lord had given to me, I must not be scared of her, for the Lord will always be glowing inside of me, killing the demons with His light as He glowed.

The Queen flashed a contagious smile at me. Her smile was so dull, lifeless and .... filled with pain. It was as if her cheekbones migh ttear apart if she smiled a second longer. She lifted my chin up with her finger. "God?" she spat at me. "Well, of course. You are the good, irrevelant species of Nephilims, a bunch of dickheads. But behold, the gates of Hell would open soon. The Children of the Dark will rise again! And by that time, an army of the Children of the Dark will perish your filthy kind of species and I'll be at the front line, waiting to kill .... you."

"What-"

"You have no idea about what's happening around you, don't you?— Oh, you poor little thing." she chattered as she sat on her throne. "Oh, I'm feeling a bit light-headed,Lana. I'll just leave the explanation part to Suho,if that's alright with you?"

"Who are you? What do you want from me?" I was more dumbfounded than terrified.

"What do I want from you?" She rises from her throne and she slowly descended the steps. "I want your blood." she whispered at my ears, sending chills running down my back.

"What do you want to do with my blood?" I asked as I tried to remain calm.

"Because I heard that your blood will taste delicious." she leered at me. 

"Wh—".

She laughed. Her laugh sounded like it could split down your world in the middle. "Now, would you want me to bite you in the neck or would you like your bestfriend to do it for you?"