001

Fallen of the Angelus

 

LANA

 

 

"Wake up, loser,"

"Ugh, what time is it?" I groaned as I fixed myself up to a sitting position. I blinked my eyes several times to debug my vision. Beside me stood a 24-year-old man wearing a baby facemask, his rich almond hair competed with the sun's brightness, he has the looks to make girls go through a mental breakdown. I would be fabricating a lie if I said I never had a crush on him, Luhan, I had a small one on him before, big enough to make my cheeks flush, yet small enough for him to perceive it.

"Summer time!" he said, playing along with my previous question, as he printed a big, enormous, playful grin on his face.

"Lu-"

"Okay, seriously, its 6:30 am, get ready for school now. We'll be waiting for you downstairs," he said as he closes the door behind him, giving me some space and privacy of my own.

I could hear sounds booming from downstairs as loud as the daily honking choirs instituted in the traffics, considered to be on a tolerable volume coming from a 12-person household. We have been living like this together since forever, as long as I could remember. It had always been an enigma to outsiders on how we ended up living together, but this had always been a common-folk story to us. Suho, the mother of our household, recited to me at several times that we had fled from the orphanage together, though I do not have any pictures of the orphanage left within my memories, I chose to believe him as it's fact that no one had ever visited our house claiming that they're our kin, never did that once happen.

I stood up and started my morning ritual: stretching, bathing, brain-cracking game on what to wear, organizing my backpack, and then finishing it off with a final additional smile in the mirror before leaving the room. I descended the stairs to reunite with the pack of hungry wolves, munching away their cereals.

"Morning, folks," I beamed as I set a foot on the kitchen, vibrating off my gleeful vibe.

They all greeted me back in a buoyant mood, without even leaving their hands off their cereals.

"That skirt looks great on you, was it the one we bought together in the 80s themed boutique?" Kai complimented.

"Uh yeah," I said as I flattened the skirt Kai had complimented. It was a 80s inspired plaid-design skirt; the designer had surely done a splendid job in complimenting the colors together.

"Vintage, so adorable," Suho complimented as he took a quick scan of my skirt. He placed a bowl of corn-flakes cereal in the vacant spot on the dining table. "Didn't have time to prepare a big feast, hope you wouldn't mind cereals lurking around your tummy today."

"I'm fine. Why was the time not enough for you today? Do you have a summative assignment tasked today?" I asked.

"No-"

"He woke up late, Lana. He even drooled in his sleep. Vintage, so adorable." Sehun teased sarcastically, making the whole crowd laugh.

I plopped myself down on the chair and started to wolf down the cereal. The delights of the rich-sweet milk made me thirsty for more. It was a happy, usual morning until my head started to feel heavy. I felt so dizzy. The world seemed to twirl on its own axis. My vision started to blur, blur, and blur, until darkness swallowed all the bugs.

 


 

 

"Ugh," 

I woke up finding myself sitting in an uncertain place. I was in a grassy meadow dotted with petite, fragrant daisies. Their sunshine centers grinned at me while a soft breeze ruffled the white petals. The meadow was a riot of color. The burnt orange Butterfly weed stood tall amongst the grasses and the prairie Black-eyed Susan’s appeared to reflect the brilliant yellow of the sun herself.  Above, the sky was deep blue and an occasional cloud would bounce across the heavens like a dancing sheep. With a sigh, I wistfully stood up. 

I started to call out my roommates' names, but I couldn’t hear any replies at all.  Where am I? Where is this place? How did I get here? Where are the others?

Fear started to swallow away all my calmness. My palms were sweaty and the adrenaline coursing through my system was shutting down my ability to think logically. I wanted to run or beat the living the daylights out of me, either would do. 

All of a sudden, I felt a hand brushing against my cheeks. I flinched in fear. This is as a horror act situated in the daylight. The shadows of a man, supposedly belonging to the hand who had brushed my cheeks, were dancing in the emerald-green grass. I turned my back to see the owner of the shadow cast on the grass, prepared for the worse to come.

However, he was nothing of a horror story's cast. His face was muscular and ancient as if he was a historical character, coming from the history books I've read. His eyes and cheekbones sunk down as if he hadn't had a good night's sleep for ages. His beady almond eyes were dead and dull filled with nothing but pain and desperation.

"Who are you?" I questioned him, my voice cracking reluctantly on the edge of the question.

"You wouldn't believe it if I tell you this, I'm your father," he sighed as he looked at me with a rather pitiful glance.

"Huh? I beg your pardon sir?"

"I'm your father-"

"Sir, I truly apologize that your scam is invalid, maybe it might work for others, but not me, I am an orphan and if you don't mind, please take me back, this is absurd-"

"Orphan? Damn, that Suho do know how to fabricate a 5-star white lie-"

"Huh? You know Suho?" I cut him off as I gave him a typical squinted eye of mine.

He nodded, "Of course I do, Lana-"

"Who are you?"

"I told you that I am your father, I'm not telling a ," He encircled his arms around his neck and took off a silver, beady necklace, which magically resembled my necklace by a hundred percent. "See it for yourself,"

I took the necklace hesitantly, but I did not set another glance on it as I have seen the resemblance earlier, "You could just have bought an exact copy of my necklace, this does not prove anything-"

"Oh Jesus." He said in an annoyed tone before shoving a bunch of photographs onto my hands.

"What are these-" In one of the bunch of photographs was an exact copy of my family portrait, which was the only thing left by my parents to me. "How did you have this-?"

 Reeling in for another surprise, there were several pictures of the boys and me, but the fact that he had those pictures wasn't the cause of this surprise, it was him. He was there all the times. He was there standing behind us, his shadow was caught by the camera and printed by the printer, yet I had not noticed it until now.

"Are you buying my story now?" he asked.

"I- Wh- who are you exactly?" I said, furrowing my eyebrows together.

"I am Michael, I passed away at the month you started to talk," he explained in a tone of urgency. "Please believe me, please,"

"I'm buying this a little, alright? Not to be rude sir, but are you a ghost now? I asked out of curiosity.

"Yes, you are seeing my soul-"

"But how did I do that?"

"Firstly, it’s because you are my daughter. Second of all is because of the reason that you are not a normal human being," he sighed as he turned his back to the cheerful sun's glow. "You’re a Nephilim,Lana."

"What-"

"Look, the world is not as innocent as you formerly knew. We, demons, live alongside human beings side by side for-"

"We? Demons? Me-"

"Yes you; you are a demon, a Nephilim, to be exact. the your biology teacher had been teaching you, it's not animals kingdom we're talking about here, its races, 5 great races that would never unite. The Nephilims race, the Faeries, the Werewolves, the Vampires, the Warlocks and lastly we have the Human beings," he said, soaking deep-roots theories into my mind.

"This is not Disney--"

"Oh, the creator of Disney was my fellow Warlock friend. Man, how I miss those-- Oh sorry, I got carried away. I know this information dosage is too much for you to take at once, but you have to listen this time. You got to-"

"Alright, alright. I will, I will okay?" I said, assuring him.

"You ought to save the world. You're the only one capable to. “he requested in a rather desperate tone.

Is he a Looney or something? Maybe he had forgotten to take his medicine today and went all loco. "Saving the world? Well wow I have to start being a vegetarian," I said with a heavy sigh.

A shadow loomed over his face as his eyes roamed around, struggling to find the correct words to say, “Trumpets. There are 5 trumpets in this world, each belonging to one race; Icarus, Kleezo, Tarian, Ande and Serverus. Icarus belongs to us, the Nephilims. These trumpets kept the fantasy alive; it's also, what's separating the demons and the humans. If it lands into the Donovan's hands, an uprising might happen.”

"Donovan?"

"Yeah, he's a baddie who wants to rule the world-"

"Wow! That's cool! This is so like Avengers. Man, I'm getting a hang of this!" I beamed, playing along with him, as I chose not to buy his story anymore; it's getting more absurd at each line.

He frowned, “Do you need more evidences to make you believe me again?"

"Yes." I said tersely. 

"Whatever, will you promise me to unite these trumpets together before Donovan gets them?" he pleaded.

"Yes, I will, if you promise to return me back to my home. I'm running late for school." I offered him a promising deal.

"Okay. I will. Oh and .. Lana?" he called.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you, I apologize if I had not done my part as a father."

"Uh.. Your welco-"

Before I could finish my sentence, the same dizziness that me earlier visited me again; maybe, it's the only way to go home. I did not resist nor move this time, I stood completely still as darkness came swallowing everything in a wave.

 

"Lana? Lana? This is me, Kris. Lana? Are you okay? Guys! She's awake already!"

 

 


 

A/N : This would be the first fanfiction I ever wrote, first chapter, new life! I apologize if I did some mistakes here and in the future. I hope you could support me and Lana as we embark on our journey, the Fallen of the Angelus. It is really a blessing, to have you guys, to read my story. I am honored.  This fanfiction was actually inspired from a lot of authors and stories that I had stumbled upon, one of them which I love to share, would be the Mortal Instruments. I have not read it till the end though, due to emotional issues. I had too much feels during the part where Jace and Clary had a fight. I was so immersed it in, I think I am pissed off at Jace longer than Clary had haha! Well talking of which, I love the faeries , vampires, warlocks, Nephilims idea, so I sort off borrowed that. Just the fact that Nephilims aren't demonslayers here, they're bit different. 

So uh yeah, I hope ya all would enjoy this ;) 

 

P.S. : I'm really awkward at this moment, I do not know what to talk of, so I could only merely express my gratitude at this note , I am sorry for that haha xD But i hope I could get to know about each one of you more, well, I wouldn't mind seeing a wallpost or a comment sticking out below ;D it would be nice to meet you guys, so feel free to do that alright? I'll be waiting for it :D  I hope you all are doing great, god bless you all :)

 

 

FOR OLD SUBSCRIBERS

I am rewriting FOTA due to some mistakes I made in the early chapters. I have to admit that, since this is my first fanfiction, I was writing undecidely during the 0-18 chapters.  So, I decided to rewrite FOTA.  I am sorry for that.  It's alright, there wouldn't be any plot changes, just a whole chapter paraphasing. I noticed that I was sort of long-winded in the earlier chapters, focused too much in being sarcrastic, thus I compiled few chapters into one, so if you noticed that the numbers of chapters are decreasing, it indicates that I am compiling the events into one chapter, although I have deleted some unnecessary scenes like the ogre war and not too mention, the meeting with BTS.  I will include BTS later on in the story like I promised before, because I found out that most of you guys had a hard time in remembering and recognizing the characters. Yeah, it was too much too introduce + people at once. Feel free to check out the revised chapters, it might take me some time to get the point where we left back then, but I will try to reach our last checkpoint as fast as possible, please do bare with me for a while. Thank you for all your supports and love all these times. God bless you all.