005

Fallen of the Angelus

 

KRIS

 

 

Lee Sooman himself was a tall,big fellow of fifty-eight. He sat in a chair in front of the fire, some distance back, and stretched his long legs far in front of him. His chin too was sunk on his , his young forehead was bald and rose in odd wrinkles, and he had a silent half-grin on his face, a little tipsy, a little satyr-like. His small mustache was reddish.

“Baekhyun,” Sooman called.

“Yes father?” Baekhyun said sternly. I could feel the hate and enmity welling up in his heart, fury itself burning him up.

“Join us.”  He stood up from the chair and turned around to face us. His hand was kept in his back and he stood tall among most of us. “Come with us, my fellow boys. The castle has been dead silent in the absence of you all.”

“Out with your lies, Sooman. You sent us away back then and now you’re here wailing for forgiveness.” Sehun spat.

He let out a small sarcastic chuckle. “I never did ask for forgiveness. I’m making a deal, I don’t do this often.” He stated.

“Speak your and get out of here. Douchebags are not welcome here.” Baekhyun has never argued with his fists, but his words packed a powerful punch. Carefully spoken, without drama, his words had an air of finality to them and no matter how hard they railed against him, nothing would change his mind.

“Byun Baekhyun, don’t you dare defy me. I created you, I am your creator, “he said, rising up the temperature.

“Your argument is invalid. We had server tied our connection. Now, if you don’t mind, the door is located on your right hand side. We will not be sending you out, thank you.” Baekhyun said, shooing him out.

“Oh? Am I disturbing your sweet time packing? I’m sure the faeries would be kind enough to give you an extra minute to meet her before her death,” he uttered, continuing to taunt us.

I was astonished for once. He knew about Lana disappearance. What has this had to do with him? “How did you know?” I asked, trying my hard to stay calm.

“Oh, good thing that you spoke. I almost did not recognize you there, Kris. My, my, you grew tall. “ He approached me slowly in such a dignified way that you could feel a wind coming out of him as he walk. The sound of his cane tapping the floor filled the living room. He looked at me with a half-smirk on his face, before he whispered, “The faeries are now under my hands.”

Burning rage hissed through my body like deadly poison, screeching a demanded release in the form of unwanted violence. It was like a volcano erupting; fury sweeping off me like ferocious waves. The wrath consumed like, engulfing my moralities and destroying the boundaries of loyalty.

“What do you want to do with her?” I asked as I narrowed my eyes on him.

“Nothing, I was just bored at home. Thought playing dressing up Lana-“

Every word stung only fueling the fire that burned inside of me. Every violated phrase was like gasoline to it, my firsts began to clench and my jaw rooted. When the final Mentos had been added to the coke inside of , I exploded with anger. With no control, objects froze and broke.  The bodyguards froze into ice statues as the primeval instinct took over.  But that was not my doing, it was Xiumin.

 

I could measure the inches Sooman’s jaws had dropped, seeing the tables turned.  He had woken up the volcano which erupts ice; he had awakened the demon sleeping inside Xiumin.  It took him a moment to regain his facial expression back; he looked unimpressed and a cruel sneer formed on his smooth face.

“Leave her alone,” Xiumin hollered, as he spoke with a grudge buttered on each word.

“Why s-“

Before he could say another word or two, Xiumin unleashed his sword into the cold, thin air, slashing the cold air elegantly, making ear-splitting noises. “I repeat, leave her alone.”

“If that’s what you want,” Sooman smirked as he summoned his sword out as well. I wanted to help Xiumin out, but I knew better not to interfere, as this battle had been decided to be a one-on-one fight before it even start.

Their swords gleamed in the cool moonlight. Xiumin knew that only one would walk away from this. His opponent’s sword was stained with blood from his previous battles. Xiumin shuffled to the side and awaited in attack, and possibly, inevitable death. His opponent charged with a mighty cry. Xiumin dodged to the side in one fluid move. His enemy swiveled in his direction. His menacing eyes were a blazing red. His opponent s his sword forward, only to be met by Xiumin’s sword. Both swords met in the air with a resounding ‘clang’. Sooman was a master swordsman. Slowly, Xiumin was tiring. “If I am to die, I shall fight to the last breath.” With renewed vigor, he slashed his blade back and forth.  The ice around him melting quickly as his energy began to die. He started to slow down, thus getting a cut in his left arm. He winced in pain as beads of sweat dripped from his forehead. Again, his agile movement was far too slow. Six pairs of unfrozen rough hands tried to seize him. He was caught.

 

“Run! Go run for it! Go and rescue Lana! I’ll deal with this alone. Please tell Lana I love her , she’s the best sister I ever had.”