Episode 20

Marry U

“So what you’re saying is you and Kai are in a relationship?” The director lowered his spectacles and stared at Soomin in slight disbelief. Soomin shifted in her seat nervously. Kai told her that his director wasn’t that displeased with the news and wanted to use it to EXO’s benefit. But judging from her director’s current expression, it didn’t look like he would take it positively. 
 
The director shook his head seriously. “No, this won’t do. I’ll have a word with the SM director and we’ll work things out. From today onwards, you are forbidden to see Kai. You manager will make sure of that.” 
 
She stared at him in disbelief and began her attempt at bargaining. “But you see, the news is already out and so far everyone’s reacting to it positively! They enjoyed watching us on the show and they’re supportive of our relationship! There’ll be a backlash if we were to deny this whole thing.” 
 
“Well, we’ll just have to say the both of you are just close friends and nothing more. This is just the beginning so of course the reactions are still good. It’ll start to get worse. EXO is too popular! Everything that is related to them will continuously be in the limelight.” He didn’t seem to want to change his mind. 
 
“Isn’t that good? Then I would get some publicity too right?” She was starting to get upset. She thought he would be more understanding about their relationship.
 
“I don’t want you to constantly be associated with EXO. You’re an individual artist. Why would you want to be known for your relations with EXO instead of your own music?” He shook his head again. “I won’t have it. It would be too great a distraction too. You’ve just started out your career. Why throw everything away for a boy? Soomin, trust me, this would be a wise decision. We’ll proceed as planned. You may leave.” He immediately returned to his work and she knew that was the end of the conversation. He wasn’t going to change his mind at all. 
 
Her mind was full of thoughts as she left his office. How was she going to tell Kai she wasn’t allowed to see him anymore? They would be keeping an eye on her every move. She could try convincing her manager but she wasn’t sure if that would work. He wouldn’t jeopardise his job for her sake. She sighed, realising that there was absolutely nothing she could do. 
 
Kai waited by his phone for her to contact him. They had just settled their misunderstandings and finally confirmed their feelings for each other. It would be a pity if everything had to come to an end even before they could properly begin. At that moment, he received a text from her asking him to meet her at the house they used for filming. They haven’t gone back to clear out the rest of their things. He looked at the time and wondered if would be able to meet her there on time. He still had another hour of schedule to complete and wouldn’t be able to leave any earlier. Somehow he didn’t have a good feeling about things.
 
Soomin walked around the house, picking up things that were hers and packing them up in a box. Her manager let her be at the house for an hour and he would be back to pick her up after. She grew impatient. Only half an hour remaining and Kai was still nowhere to be seen. How was she to break it to Kai that this was the last time she could see him?
 
She was almost done packing when Kai finally arrived. He rushed in to find her getting ready to leave. “Hey…” He said with a confused expression on his face.
 
“Hey…” She replied with a sigh.
 
“Am I late? Do you have a schedule to go to?” He asked apprehensively.
 
She nodded. “I do, in fact.” She paused. “Jongin, I’ve something to tell you…”
 
He approached her slowly and gently took her hand in his. “I think I know what you’re going to say. It’s bad news isn’t it?”
 
She nodded again. “After today, I won’t be allowed to see you anymore. There’ll be keeping a close eye on me. There’s nothing I can do and no way for me to get around it.”
 
He furrowed his eyebrows as he took in the information. “Does your manager know about it?”
 
“I couldn’t ask him. I don’t want him to get into trouble with the director for my sake.” She held onto Kai’s hand tightly. She hated to let him go but she couldn’t think of a solution to this problem. Just then, her manager texted her indicating his arrival at the house and that also meant she had to leave. “Jongin… I’ve got to go…”
 
He pulled her into a tight hug. “Don’t worry. I’ll think of something. I’ll make this work somehow. We’ll still text and call each other often, won’t we?”
 
She nodded into his chest as tears formed in her eyes. She felt sad that they had to part already. Who knew when was the next time they could meet. She wished time could stop right then so that she wouldn’t have to leave.
 
Soomin checked her phone for the umpteenth time that day and once again she was disappointed. Although Kai said he would keep in contact through text messages and phone calls, there were no more than five text messages a day and no calls. She wasn’t starting to worry if this relationship would work out or if it was a relationship at all.
 
She just finished her schedule for the day and was about to go back to rest when her phone rang. It was a call from her mother. “Hello?” She answered, slightly worried because her mother rarely calls unless there was something happening.
 
“There’s something wrong with the Wi-Fi. Could you come take a look? Your dad and I can’t seem to get it to come on.” Her mother sounded desperate. When it came to things related to the Internet or computers, Soomin would be the first her mother called.
 
Her manager dropped her off at her house about an hour later. She decided to stay the night and spend some time with her parents. She unlocked the door and went in happily. Strangely the lights were all off. “Hello?” She called out and all of a sudden, two arms wrapped around her waist.
 
“Missed me?” A deep voice whispered in her ear.
 
She gasped as she turned around to see the person she had been missing the most. “Jongin? What are you doing here?” 


Posted 28th July 2014. 

Sorry it took so long for me to write this! I hope you aren't disappointed!
Thank you for reading! Please do support my new stories as well as the old ones!
Thoughts? Comments? Please upvote!

As usual, I'll be continuing with another story, 'Into your world' -> [Click here]

Please check out this story I wrote '2nd Confession' and please upvote ^^ [Click here]