Episode 13

Marry U

It had been about a week since Kai and Soomin saw each other. They kept in contact through text messages as neither of them dared to call each other.
 
“How’s that song coming along?” Her friend and producer came into the studio. He looked over at her computer to see what she was doing.
 
She sighed. “It’s coming along great but there are still some things I have to work on. I should have this song ready for the director by the end of the week.”
 
“Keep up the good work! I’m sure the director will be impressed with your work.” He gave her an assuring pat on the back before leaving.
 
She stared at her computer and her mind was still blank. Honestly, she didn’t manage to do much work that day. She closed her eyes and rested her head on the table, hoping to clear her mind and continue working on her song. Taking deep breaths, she instantly felt calm but all of a sudden, Kai’s face flashed in her mind. She jolted up in shock. What was she doing thinking about him? She shook her head hard, hoping to shake out all her thoughts.
 
It wasn’t any better for Kai.
 
“Alright. Look here with more emotion.” The photographer instructed. Kai responded by looking into the camera and striking a pose. The photographer checked the camera and shook his head. “Let’s take a break.”
 
Kai headed straight to the dressing room and picked up his phone. There was still no message. He sighed and placed his phone back on the table.
 
“Are you waiting for something?” Sehun swung his arm around Kai and cooed into his ear teasingly.
 
“What? No!” He shoved Sehun roughly.
 
“Looks like you are waiting for something!” Sehun burst out laughing and started poking Kai.
 
“Is Soomin going to call?” DO asked with a straight face.
 
“You keep checking you phone. Shouldn’t a man be the one to contact the girl?” Baekhyun teased.
 
“Yeah! Be a man Kai! Call her!” Chen joined in.
 
“What are you guys talking about? She and I are just friends and I’m not waiting for anything!” Kai feigned ignorance, feeling a little irritated by his friends. Right at that moment, the photographer called to resume the photo shoot.
 
Putting his thoughts aside, Kai managed to finish the photo shoot. He wasn’t sure if he did well, as the photographer didn’t look too pleased with him. It wasn’t his first photo shoot overseas but somehow it isn’t going as planned. He was well known for his posing and electrifying stares. His best friend Taemin had taught him all these tricks to posing and looking good in front of the camera. But somehow he was distracted throughout the whole photo shoot.
 
He went back to the dressing room, checking his phone one more time, before a serious looking Suho greeted him. “We need to talk.” He led Kai to a corner where the other members could not see or hear them.
 
“Hyung, what is it?” Kai was worried about what the leader had to say.
 
Suho folded his arms across his chest. “I noticed that you were very distracted today. Is it because of Soomin? You like her don’t you?”
 
“What? Hyung! No!”
 
Suho sighed. “Just do something about it and make sure it doesn’t affect your work again!”
 
“Yes, hyung…” Kai bowed his head in remorse.
 
Suho gave Kai a pat on his back. “I don’t mind if you like her. It shouldn’t be distracting you this much. I don’t know what happened in the past and what’s happening now but it’ll be good if you settled it sooner. Try to work something out?”
 
Kai sighed. Was there anything to work out between them? He felt that there were too many things to work out. He wondered if it was possible to start anything Soomin without talking about the past. 


Posted 6th May 2014. 

#HappyBaekhyunDay

Just so you know it's my birthday too. Hahaha. Yes, I was born on the exact same day as Byun Baekhyun. I mean literally the same day. Lolol.