Episode 1

Marry U

Soomin was nervous as she walked into the salon. It was her first time on a reality show. She would be filming a reality television program where she would have a virtual husband. She would meet up with him once or twice a week for filming, meaning that she would be spending quite a lot of time with her new husband for this program.

They would be filming the first episode that day. She had heard so many stories about being part of a reality show from her seniors and how difficult it was. She would be doing the show but was unsure of herself. Would she be able to do well on this program? Such shows were unpredictable; she didn't know what to expect.

She recalled the difficulties faced in the past few years as a trainee. She worked hard to make her debut and now that she was slowly gaining popularity as a solo singer, would she have time to think about dating too? Many questions crossed her mind as she had her hair and makeup done. Who was her onscreen husband going to be? How real would the show be?

Her manager dropped her off at the cafe where they would be filming. "Don't forget that there are cameras around! Think before you speak but try to be yourself yea?" He reminded her one last time before driving off.

She was greeted by the filming crew as she entered the cafe. "You'll be seated upstairs as you wait for your husband to arrive. He's on his way so we'll start with filming your solo interview first. It'll be simple, just answer the questions that we ask you," the producer informed her kindly.

They set up a black screen and she sat on a chair in front of it. Although she had done interviews before, this still felt unfamiliar and slightly awkward.

"Alright, we're rolling!" The producer informed. "Please introduce yourself and share your thoughts about your new husband."

Soomin nodded as she smiled into the camera. "Hello I'm Soomin," she bowed slightly. "I'm 20 and I think I'm a little too young for marriage but it's good that I get a trial at it. I haven't thought about who or what my ideal type is but I wouldn't mind if he's some actor." She chuckled slightly.

"What if he's not an actor?" The producer added.

She paused thoughtfully. "I wouldn't mind that either? I just hope he isn't younger. I've always thought of myself marrying someone older." She chuckled again.

With that, they ended the interview. She moved up to the second floor of the cafe to wait for her onscreen husband. She chose a seat that was the furthest from the stairs and yet had a clear view of it. She wanted to see who the guy was before he saw her. Now, there was nothing left for her to do except wait. The cafe was booked just for the filming so there was no one else there except her and the filming crew.

Just as she was starting to feel bored, the cafe door opened. Her husband had arrived! Soomin tried to keep a pokerface as the cameras were recording down every single expression she showed. She did not want to come across as nervous. After a few minutes, slow footsteps were heard coming up the stairs in the quiet cafe. Soon, she was able to see the back of his head. With a few more steps he arrived at the top of the stairs. By now, her heart was beating rapidly. In a few seconds she would find out who her virtual husband would be. Would she be disappointed?

At that moment, her new husband turned and she managed to catch a glimpse of him. She gasped inwardly. It couldn't be! She took deep breaths to calm herself down, making sure her little panic attack was not captured by the surrounding cameras.

With slow steps, Soomin's onscreen husband approached her. He couldn't see her face clearly as a few potted plants was blocking his view. She kept her head down as he arrived in front of her. He bowed and stretched out his hand politely, "Hi, I'm EXO's Kai."

She hesitated for a moment before shaking his hand gently. "Hi, I'm Soomin."

Kai's head shot up and he was shocked. Thankfully, he had his back to the camera so the cameras could not see his expression. Soomin smiled and raised her eyebrows slightly as if to remind him that they were being filmed. He caught on quickly and returned a smile. "May I have a seat?" He asked politely and she responded with a nod.

They sat at chatted for about half an hour. They introduced themselves as if it was the first time they met. They talked about their experiences as a singer and to their delight, the producer signalled for them to stop talking, ending their first filming. Soomin shot up from her seat, thanking the filming crew as they packed up.

After he made sure that the cameras were all put away, Kai turned to her and whispered, "You and me. We need to talk now." He moved to the other corner of the cafe away from the eyes of the staff.

"What?" Soomin asked sharply.

"Don't argue with me. We have to solve this right now. You know we are in trouble." Kai frowned in frustration.

She sighed, calming herself down. "Why didn't you tell me you were going to do this show? I would have stayed far away from it. Now we're in this together, there's no way of getting out."

"You think I don't know that?" He rolled his eyes. "Let's just do this. We'll act and do whatever is necessary when the cameras are rolling and go back to however it is after. If we act well, nobody will know. It'll benefit both you and me."

She scoffed. "You always think about what benefits you first!"

"Do you have a better suggestion? If you don't then we'll have to stick with this." He smirked.

Soomin was annoyed at how smug Kai could be. The truth was she knew Kai from back when they were training. Things were going great between them, in fact, they liked each other and had been dating for awhile. But things changed when she started getting bullied by the older trainees in the company. Being the newest trainee, she couldn't do anything except take the bullying silently. One day, Kai walked in on them bullying her but instead of helping her or standing up for her, he stood by the side quietly. He didn't make a sound as they continued to bully her. The bullying was the worst that day and she left the company following that.  She was angry and disappointed in him for not doing anything. He didn't contact her after she left. That was the end of them. Now, how was she going to film and pretend to fall in love with someone she absolutely hated?


Posted on 24th March 2014. 

Author's Note: Back with my 6th chaptered story! Thank you to all those who have subscribed and upvoted <3
Hope you like the first chapter! 
Thoughts? Comments? Please upvote if you like this story ^^