He's not that bad?

Royal Ransom

“Is that her there?!” Sanghyun called over the thundering trot of their horses. Changsun leaned forward in his seat, hand used to shield his face from some of the light emitted from the slowly setting sun.

Up ahead they saw a women surrounded by three men beside the road. Two of them were saying things to her in a jeering tone, the other tried to take the small bag that sat at her hip. Changsun shook his head and pointed at her clothing.

“She’s dressed too much like a commoner. The woman you saw appeared like a e.”

“Doesn’t matter now,” Sanghyun said clicking his tongue and giving the horse more leverage to go faster.

“What are you doing?!”

“Saving her life,” Sanghyun told Changsun as he raced off ahead of his friend the royal guard. Changsun quickly picked up speed as he started to fear the worst for his companion.

“Sanghyun stop you need to let me take charge!”

Sanghyun halted his horse with a firm tug of the reins and dismounted. He strolled up towards the group, appearing to make his frame taller even though he had remarkable height.

“Leave her alone,” he barked as the men stopped their harassment to face the interruption. They stared at him before he added, “you heard me. Move on.”

The one standing facing him, the obvious ringleader glanced at his two friends who gave him subtle hints. He extended his fist at Sanghyun who saw it coming and ducked. It hit the air. Sanghyun stood up again and sent a kick at the man’s abdomen pushing him down to the ground. He grabbed his gut in obvious pain.

Sanghyun didn’t have time to gloat for another man had got him off guard. He didn’t see the blow to his jaw which knocked him off balance. Changsun quickly dismounted and ran to them, drawing his sword, a long thin blade in the process.

“Cocky punk,” the puncher said spitting. Still holding his jaw Sanghyun quickly charged at the man using his head as a battering ram. They both fell to the ground where Sanghyun’s opponents gripped his neck, attempting to choke him while underneath the tall youth.

Changsun pointed his sword at the third man who had yet to get involved. “Step in and you’ll feel the cold steel will of the royal guard in your body.” He shied away immediately. The woman they had meant to be helping had run off during the commotion.

Sanghyun started to choke from suffocating but Changsun was there to help. Using the tip of his sword he carefully pricked the man’s hand and he let go. Sanghyun gasped and took full breaths in before punching the man hard and climbing off him.

“Let’s leave right now,” Changsun told Sanghyun and led him back to their horses. Sanghyun winched at his cheek and turned his head. He hacked up some blood which stained a few blades of grass.

“You were reckless and impulsive back there. You should have just let me take command and then observed from the side.  That way you would have not gotten hurt.”

Sanghyun said nothing. He silently mounted and held the reins in his hands. Changsun climbed on his and they started to ride at a walk. After a while Sanghyun glanced at Changsun who wasn’t watching.
“Thank you, for what you did back there.”

Changsun turned his head and made a small smile. Even though he could be strict on his younger friend Changsun was not one to be cross for a long time.

“Anytime, now let’s find the missing princess.”

 




 

Jinkyong and her company arrived at the nearest town with darkness settling in. Seungho glanced at their royal guest whose head was starting to nod.
Byunghee peered around to check on her. “Let’s find a place to rest. She’s finished riding for today.”

“Alright, I know a good pavilion close to here.”

“Pavilion Seungho…” Byunghee stopped and shook his head. “I won’t argue with you. The last thing I want is to get into a heated argument. Her royal highness may not appreciate it.”

“What is it I won’t appreciate?” They both looked at Jinkyong who had her eyes open, the lids fluttering. “Why have we stopped?”

Byunghee spoke on behalf of Seungho. “We’re going to find a place to stay for tonight.”

Seungho dismounted and started to walk with his horse to a station. “We’re better off staying at the pavilion; the ladies know me and will do me this favour.”

Jinkyong’s face scrunched up at the word ‘pavilion.’ “Don’t worry,” Byunghee said to her. “We won’t let anyone hurt you alright?”

“Did I agree to that?” Seungho stated while Jinkyong became appalled.

“Mr Yang, do you really find me that unpleasant to be around?!”

“I won’t lie and say that it’s being with you is like heaven has given me the warm rays from the sun.”

They tied their horses up for the night and walked in the general direction of the e’s nest. Jinkyong made herself follow after them despite her strong resentment at having to sleep there. Seungho whistled happily getting a few amused smirks from Byunghee.

“Sir welcome to our home,” one lady dressed in purple and yellow cooed to Seungho, linking arms with him. He smiled at her as she kept talking to him. Jinkyong watched in disgust at the es painted lips move up and down in honeyed words.

“Hello, I don’t think we’ve met.” The other woman was a little shorter than the first only reaching up to Seungho’s shoulder, around the same height as Jinkyong. Seungho let her touch his shoulder and hold his hand. They both dragged him away while he appeared in complete bliss.

It was now just the two of them; Byunghee and Jinkyong. A man passed by them making a slurred growl directly at Jinkyong who shivered and rubbed her arms. Jinkyong stiffened slightly as someone put an arm around her lightly, pulling her near them. She recognised his complexion and saw that it was Byunghee. He had a serious expression on his face.

“You can stay with me tonight your highness.”

Jinkyong took a step away and he didn’t try to coil her back. “Please do not misunderstand me,” Byunghee said keeping his expression intact. “I am just tired of those women and having you with me will shake off any unwanted guests.”

She didn’t feel completely at ease with this answer. However Seungho had left them to go after his lustful feast and she did not know the area well enough to be by herself so she decided to trust Byunghee.
“Alright, as long as we just rest and nothing more,” he nodded and led her into the wooden building, up the set of stairs where they spoke to one rather disappointed e who gave them a room after a lot of persuasion from Byunghee.


 

Jinkyong opened her eyes at the sound of laughter. She sat up and saw Byunghee by the door sleeping upright. “Mr Jung, why aren’t you sleeping here?” He woke from her speaking. She pulled the blanket off. “It wouldn’t be comfortable there. Come and sleep here, the bed is big enough.”

The smile he made was rather ambivalent and Jinkyong wondered what was going through his mind.
“Its fine my lady; I should stay here for your protection.” He continued before she started to disagree. “Since my friend is not here, the role of watching over you goes straight to me. Besides, since we are not to be more than acquaintances the temptation of having you so close to me in the same bed… It could result in me acting out of my own interest and disregarding yours.”

Jinkyong was rendered silent for a while. She had never expected his answer to be so considerate. She nodded her head. “I understand. I am glad that you think of me in this way, unlike your rude and filthy mouthed friend who is in a state of bliss I presume.”

Byunghee sighed and then shook his head but he didn’t seem cross. “He isn’t as bad as he made appear to you. At the moment he is still getting used to you. Give him more time and you’ll find that he can actually be really nice.”

“Children I am back,” a rather slurred voice called out. A knock on the door made them jump. Byunghee slowly stood up, his hand going to the small knife which he pulled out from his sleeve. He mouthed to Jinkyong to stay where she was and he opened it.

Seungho looked as though he had drunken a large barrel of rice wine. “What did I miss? Was there any kissing? Any passionate fondling with the princess while I was away?”

“You’re scaring her,” Byunghee hissed in a low voice. “Keep your voice down.”

Seungho leaned forward, his red eyes watching Jinkyong. “Ah it’s the princess,” he hiccupped and began laughing. “You… You are so ravenous… Can I eat from your cavern?”

Jinkyong’s face heated up and covered this with her blanket. “Seungho, do you even know what you are saying? You’re really drunk you should stop before I kick you out.” Byunghee scolded him.

Seungho brushed past Byunghee and stumbled to the floor. Jinkyong dropped the fabric and got a shock from looking at Seungho’s face close up. “You are so… So delicious mmm,” he said smiling widely, the biggest she had seen him do with her.

Jinkyong turned to Byunghee, her face an obvious cry for help. With a groan Byunghee grabbed Seungho by the arms and yanked him away. Seungho’s forehead hit the floorboards but Byunghee was too tired and annoyed to care. Jinkyong took a deep breath out and lay down on the bed. The door opened and Byunghee returned by himself.

“Don’t worry he’ll sleep it off and by dawn he’ll be fine.”

“T-that’s a relief…”

Byunghee noticed her hands which were shaking. “Are you alright?” He went over to Jinkyong and sat beside her bed.

“I was a little frightened.” She admitted, sounding embarrassed.

“Well, the door is locked; I won’t leave while you’re in here alright?”

Jinkyong looked at him; paused and then said something she had never thought to say to anyone before let alone her own family. “Thank you.”


 

How did we find this chapter? I know it may have been a bit full on *ahem* but it won’t be like that in every chapter. Also what are your thoughts on the newest dating scandal? I’m surprised it’s just SNSD that are getting caught (and their retrospective partners) so we’ll see. Maybe a few boy bands will be found (if their fans can tolerate it).