Prologue

Wonderland

Jongin was falling.

It wasn't unpleasant to be honest. In fact, if he could get over the constant fear of crashing to his death, he would be enjoying the slow descent. 

The thing was, he didn't really know how he ended up here. The last thing he remembered was his sister's new friend Alice. She was a foreign girl; an exotic fancy in Jongin's eyes.

Instead of his sister's and fellow classmates' dark eyes and lush black hair, she had a head full of blond, golden hair. Her eyes were supposedly blue, though Jongin couldn't really tell what was so blue about them. They looked more gray than blue to him. 

She was sitting on the couch of Jongin's house as Jongin's sister went upstairs to get something. "Come here" she had said to him, in her broken, heavily accented Korean, and who could resist the exotic girl? She had pulled a small wrapped candy out of her pocket and handed it to him, only telling him, "It's a foreign candy. Try it."

He had taken the strange sweet, and plopped it into his mouth. Now, as he was falling down through the darkness, he recalled that the candy itself was strange. It was smooth and round and its colors were so bright and vivid, almost as if the candy was aflame.

And the taste. Jongin could still remember the taste of the bright candy even in his dazed state. He had expected it to be sweet, or sour. Tangy or bursting with juices.

But it wasn't. It was bittersweet and mellow, and the slightly bittersweet flavor soon dispersed leaving a drab, tasteless void. It was then that Jongin felt dizzy, as if the candy in his mouth was out his breath, and his mind was sent into a spiraling darkness. 

Jongin opened his eyes again, craning his head around and around through the darkness, trying to figure out where he was. He had been falling for a while now, and he was still in the dark void, a slight breeze rippling through his hair as he tumbled down and down and down. 

Slowly, the darkness began to fade into lighter hues and Jongin's eyes adjusted to the change. He could see around him now, and it just confused him even more. He was in a closed in tunnel leading downwards, and slowly the tunnel was narrowing. A familiar bittersweet taste filled Jongin's mouth, his brain began feeling fuzzy. Before he knew it, he was unconscious again. 

 

 

 

When he woke up again, he was no longer falling. He was lying on a bed of plush purple leaves, and the world was hazy. His legs felt heavy as he staggered to his feet, slipping off the makeshift bed that he had ended up in. He wound up stumbling around, jaw on the ground as he took in the scenery.

All around him, there were towering trees, small bushes, little groves and flowers sprouted from everywhere. The colors were bright and vivid, splashing out everywhere and Jongin almost passed out again from the intensity of the hues. 

The bushes closest to him were splashes of purple and pink, and some were covered in neon yellow polka dots. Other bushes were deep navy blue, covered in lime green veins that s around the leaves. A small sliver of sky could be seen through the cracks between the trees, and Jongin was relieved to find that the sky was still blue. The tree branches were, however, different shades of chocolate brown and white chocolate, mixing into the ground and twirling up into baby blue and pink leaves. 

Jongin's head throbbed and he closed his eyes, trying to calm himself down. It was then, that he heard a scurrying behind him. 

 

 

"Alice?" 

Jongin stopped wandering in circles and stared. Out of the purple bushes, a rabbit's head appeared, followed by a lithe body. 

"Alice?"

It cocked its head to the side, staring at Jongin critically and Jongin could feel his skin crawl from the intensity of the gaze.

"You're not Alice..." the rabbit murmured softly to itself, and its already wide eyes widened just a bit more. "You're not Alice!" he exclaimed, a bit louder this time.

"Ermm, no, I'm not." Jongin stuttered out, finally finding his voice. "I'm Jongin, and who's Alice? And where am I?"

Ignoring Jongin's questions, the rabbit began to frantically jump around in circles, muttering angrily to himself. Jongin could only catch small snippets, which included, "Jongin..... Alice.... gone?"

Jongin cleared his throat, and the rabbit screeched in surprise. "Don't do that" he (Jongin had decided this rabbit was male) screeched. "Do you want to give me a heart attack?"

Jongin scowled, now irritated, having gotten over the original shock of a talking rabbit. "Who is Alice? And why are you looking for her? And how can you talk? But most importantly, where am I?"

The rabbit stared at Jongin, his wide eyes slanted in suspicion. "You mean you don't know?" he finally asked.

"Of course I don't know where I am" Jongin scoffed, staring around him in both interest and fear. "Otherwise I wouldn't have asked a talking rabbit."

The rabbit shook his head, his ears flapping around wildly. "My dear boy: Jongin, was it? How did you even end up in Wonderland?"

"How did I end up where?"

"... Wonderland."

 

So, I've kind of introduced the story ^^
I hope you've enjoyed it so far (the next chapter will be longer, I promise)