The past

Unexpected

 

I have only been here and have known this guy for only a day, but somehow I feel very comfortable with him. The way he's the nicest guy ever the one moment and the next he's making sassy comments like the diva je is, is plain hilarious. I wonder if I would have done the same if I met a stranger crying outside and decide to give them a place to stay. I could've been a murderer...why did he trust me?

 

Liu Ming: Good morning beautiful
Me           :Hey there handsome^^
Liu Ming: I miss you very much
Me: I miss you tooo! When can we skype again? Is today possible?
Liu Ming: Soon! Today I have some things to do, but I promise to talk to you on Sunday
Me: Hmm Okay :(
Liu Ming: Don't be sad babe, you know I love you right ;)
Me: I don't know..
Liu Ming: Anyway babe, I have to go now, Talk to you later~
Me: Already leaving ? Take care!

 

That's how most of our conversation went the last few months. Him being too busy to talk, but repeatedly telling me he loves me before vanishing for a week again. I tried to understand his situation since he has a job and he must be tired every day. The day we talked to each other, he had already been working, but he didn't treat me the same way as the last couple of months.

I met Liu Ming on a pen pal website, and as we sent mails back and forth, I fell in love with him. He was the typical charming guy who'd shower you with compliments and make you feel like a princess. We talked and talked and talked, we could talk about everything for hours. He was intelligent, handsome and the sweetest thing ever. I felt like the luckiest girl to have met him. As the months passed we started talking about the desire to see each other. The pathetic thing was, that he never had vacation, except for a few days, and that I lived thousands of kilometers away. Everything went smoothly between us, as we talked for almost every day. Until he started acting weird. My mails stayed unanswered, long stories were answered by a sentence, and ignoring my calls. I thought that he may have a hard time at work, so I kept on trying to stay in touch with him. His last mail to me was about being too busy with work and having family issues, and that was the reason why he didn't have time for me. A month went by without any sign from him, so I decided to make a surprise visit. I already had his address since I sent him a letter before. With the most wonderful vacation in my mind I left my home country to travel to china and meet him. The rest of the story is now know to you..

Not having the courage to go outside again, I decided to stay inside. The kitchen was a mess anyway, so I started to clean it. After finishing that task, I looked around the house,  should I clean here too? hmm I don't have anything to do anyway.. Let's go find a clean cloth to clean up with! I found a little closet next to the kitchen where the cleaning supplies are stored, and took out the vacuum cleaner and some cloths. A couple hours went by and I found myself done with cleaning and standing in front of his bedroom door. I wondered what kind of bedroom he would have. Would it be as boring as the rest of the house? I put my hand on the doorknob to open the door, but started to feel guilty. it's my business to look into his room...but he's not home so he'll never know... After some self reflection, the evil me won and I pressed the handle down to open the door. Surprisingly, the door didn't budge an inch. I tried again, but it was locked. At that time I felt my heart sink to my toes, as I didn't understand why I felt hurt by him closing his door with a key. I felt disappointed that he didn't trust me, but also apprehension, I'm a stranger though. I left my spot in front of his door and decided to go into my room. There were still some hours to go until he'd return. I don't even know what time he returns..he didn't mention it.
With nothing to do in the house, I slowly retreated to my bed, and I felt my eyes getting heavier and heavier until I fell asleep.


I didn't know where I was, which century it was, or what my name is when I heard some knocking on my door. It always takes me some minutes to regain my senses after I've taken a nap. My first reaction to the knocking on my door was 'Who is there?' When I heard a familiar voice chuckling, I remembered where I was, and of course whose voice that was.
'Aah, I'm sorry I'm coming out in a sec.' After checking my physical state in the mirror and fixing my hair for a bit, I opened the door. He was already gone, but I heard some movements in the kitchen.
When I entered the kitchen he greeted me with his usual smile. 'I've bought some pizza, you like it?'
I nodded very happily after hearing the word pizza  and went to grab two plates. 'How was work?' I asked slightly cautious. He walked towards the living room with the pizza boxes in his hands and plopped down on the couch. 'Very tiring!' he said as he spread out his legs lazily. I followed and also sat down on the couch.
'I've got one mozzarella and one tunaaaah..' I laughed at his stupid joke and we decided to split each pizza in half so we'd both taste the two of them. Halfway our pizza's we heard the doorbell ring.  We both looked at each other confused. He got up to open the door while mumbling something about never having visitors.

There was a sound of the door opening, a silence, and a punch followed by a pained cry.