the Visitor

Break of Persona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark

Today my mother flew in to visit me, but not before I gave her a tour of the city I stayed in. She was getting older and she always had one thing on her mind at this age: me getting married and having kids of my own. Many times did I tell her that I was too busy for that and that it was impossible for anyone to be able to handle me. But always she would ignore that and say whatever was on her mind anyways.

Soon as we got the apartment building, she started to say that someone such as me shouldn't be living in such a dirty place. This dirty, old smelly building actually fitted me, unbeknownst of my old mother. It was funny how this home of mine kind of describes her too. The journey upstairs was fast, due to the rickety elevator, what she complained about on the way up. To my luck the hallway was silent and clear of no persons I wanted to avoid so very much.

And then there she was, no matter how far I was I could still see her eyes sparkle whenever she saw me. I could see my mom trying to see what I was looking at, but I needed to get her to my apartment before the black girl could do anything.

"Oh hey Mark. When did you get home? Oh um, who's this?" Her voice was feminine and that was all my mother needed to get a look at her. I facepalmed myself, disappointed in myself that I couldn't get moving faster. The little old woman walked to Kiarra and grabbed her with two hands, greeting her.

"Well look at you! Are you a cute little thing. Are you my little Mark's friend?" I wish I could cry right now, she was getting into so many things that I don't think I wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter