the Morning After

Break of Persona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark

When I woke up this morning, I relized that I was next to the love of my life. And I hoped, no scratch that, I prayed to God that I could spent the rest of my life with her. She was sleeping upon my chest and her breath was gliding across my face. Her face was the calmest that I have ever seen her, even though she is the calmest person that I know.

The past few days have been the worst for me. I haven't been able to eat or sleep and keep my mind off of Kiarra. I missed having someone to talk to and someone that I would be annoyed speaking to.

Sometimes I wished we could both go back to the way that we were before everything. She could go back to being the weirdo neighbor. And myself being antisocial and busy all the time. Back when I used to think that she was just some cute girl across the hall that I wouldn't ever have to talk to.

Now I just wished that she would just find a real man that would make her happy. Someone who wasn't me. Someone who wouldn't care about her skin color. The guilt had settled into my heart, how could I sleep with a woman and hate her for being black? What kind of person am I to tell her that I love her?

Only to just her and pretend that I would father the child growing in her belly.

But the way that she moves is so graceful and gentle. Her eyes were dark brown, they were beautiful and truthful, yet mysterious and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter