Company

Destined Love (A Lee Donghae love story)

 

I stuttered, surprised he would ask such a thing. “Ummm…It’s one of the student flats near the College. “Oh! I know the place!” Eun Hyuk suddenly blurted out. “You do?” Dong Hae asked confused. “Yeah, I stayed there when I was in my first year at College.” Eun Hyuk was in College? That means he’s older than me…I wonder if Dong Hae is too…? “Ok then, you lead the way.” Eun Hyuk raised his hand to his forehead and saluted like a soldier. Dong Hae rolled his eyes and I let out a giggle. “So,” Dong Hae said while we were walking. “You’re at College?” “Yeah.” I replied. “I’m studying Korean.” I added before he had chance to ask.“Oh!” Dong Hae said surprised. “What you wanna do then?” “I want to become a teacher of English to Korean students.” “Wow!” he said wide eyed. “You can speak English then?” I laughed. Of course, I’m from England!”“Oh!” he said a little surprised. “What?” I said glaring at him. “Couldn’t you tell?” He smiled as if he had said something wrong. “No, No. It’s just I thought maybe you’d been raised here because your Korean is so good!” I grinned at his sweet remark. “Well, Thank you!” I chirped.

 

 

I watched as Eun Hyuk walked happily in front of us. He seemed so happy he was almost skipping. I turned to whisper to Dong Hae. “Is he always like this?” I asked. Dong Hae laughed. “Yeah, pretty much.” He whispered back. Suddenly Eun Hyuk stopped. He span around and stared at us. “Why are you whispering? You’re talking about me, aren’t you!?” Dong Hae laughed at the seriousness in Eun Hyuk’s face. “Calm down, Hyukie! We’re not being mean!” He gave us a suspicious look and carried on walking. Was I in HEAVEN!!? This cute guy was walking me home…actually…No!...Make that two cute guys! (One which I really liked!) were walking me home. And they were joking with me and being friendly! I thought I’d never make any friends at first but now…I think I’m starting to settle in. This is AMAZING!! I’m so happy!! (Is this normal!?)

 

“Here we are!” Eun Hyuk eventually said when we reached the gates that lead up to the college flats. Eun Hyuk was about to open the gates and walk in when I stopped him. “Oh, Don’t worry. I can walk by myself from here.” He looked at me. “Are you sure.” I glared back at him. “it’s not as if I’m going to fall down a hole and get stuck.” I said sarcastically. He laughed and Dong Hae let out a small smirk but remained silent.“Thanks for walking me home.” I said in an innocent voice. The two boys beamed. “No Problem!” Eun Hyuk said cheerfully (as always!). “Well, I’ll be seeing you then.” I said as I started to walk back towards the gates.“Yeah.” Dong Hae said. Though, he looked as if he was going to say more, then stopped himself. I smiled, not really wanting to say goodbye to them. “Ummm…” Dong Hae started. I turned back instantly to see what he had to say. “Maybe, I’ll see you around.” He said looking at the floor. I kept my eyes on him until he looked up again. I set my face to a smile to match his. “Yes, Hopefully.” I replied before walking in the gates and up the pathway. I turned again when I reached the end of the path to see the two of them still standing there. I waved and walked in the building.